The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Hey guys remember when I told you if you dont have some form of "intel" in your title your intel is pretty much ****.... ya that.... welcome...

Sil Things that Rival IMPERIAL Intelligence

Imperial Security Berue

Rebel Intelligence

Black Sun Intelligence

Bothan Intelligence

Imperial Intelligence was so busy just trying to figure out WHO was IN the rebellion and THEN find out WHERE the hell they were that they didnt much bother with the whole Criminal side of things. Security was tight enough to usually that they didnt have to worry about it. I partially would consider the Rebels better then the Imperial on the INTEL front while I would consider the Empire slightly better on the counter-intel front. The Rebels had the huge advantage of KNOWING who their enemies were and mostly knowing where they were, so secrets uncovering was all they had to worry about. While the Empire had to worry about the whole shibang. Not saying they shouldnt have intel on them, or be able to stop SOME scouts.... but the level of Intel WE dont have that we should or the amount of scouts WE have been unable to stop simply because our names dont carry some form of "intel" in it is kind of absurd.....

Edit: most of the time Imperial Intel wasnt even all that interested in "secrets" they just needed to figure out where the hell the enemy was to send in the guns..... and that ALONE was challenging...

The rebellion didn't get near the death star until about episode IV IIRC and at that point the GE hasn't had a network like the GI at their side.

And if Sil said you got too close to something that must be as powerful as the death star and even more secret (I judge that from various things like GE expanding and their massive reaction now etc.) then they have reason to put all effort into finding you.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Sil but I got to stop you right here.

It was explained to you repeatedly that if any Imperial fleet aside from the one already above Cato Neimoidia was present before the final jump in-system then the entire mission was to be called off. With the Kandosii's advanced comm systems they easily could make contact with their scouts (at least one of which would have been in-system)

So, yeah, Karadron's fleet physically can't be there (and won't) if the MW fleet is going to be there. They may jump in system after we've left or at the tail end of our operation (as that would fit with my scouting patterns)

Sil, my scouts, they would have been deployed just prior to the last jump into the system not a week earlier before the fleet arrived...

I've been patient up to now. I've tried to take things in stride and not react harshly to a lot of things that have gone wrong... but this is stupid and completely ignores logic and common sense.

Except Star, you WOULDN'T know the GI had arrived except for the fact you lost contact with the scouts that were watching the Commenor route to Cato Nemoidia. I specifically told you that they lost contact well before the battle started which indicated something was up. They didn't get messages off due to the strong jamming capabilities of the GI ships.

As for why they were not detected in-system before your arrival, it is quite simple. They knew everything you knew, and used the tech on their ships to ensure they were unseen until the battle commenced. (they do have stealth tech on multiple ships if I recall correctly, as well as jamming and such)

While the process of getting to the battle is all segmented, in-game it is fluid of course. That said, in essence the GI knew your time table and planned accordingly, even if that means they jumped in a few minutes after, or before or such. With how the scouts were arrayed (or at least how they were described to me) they should of gotten there without numbers being revealed. I practically told you outright that something with jammers was coming from the direction of Commenor Star...

Hey guys remember when I told you if you dont have some form of "intel" in your title your intel is pretty much ****.... ya that.... welcome...

Sil Things that Rival IMPERIAL Intelligence

Imperial Security Berue

Rebel Intelligence

Black Sun Intelligence

Bothan Intelligence

Imperial Intelligence was so busy just trying to figure out WHO was IN the rebellion and THEN find out WHERE the hell they were that they didnt much bother with the whole Criminal side of things. Security was tight enough to usually that they didnt have to worry about it. I partially would consider the Rebels better then the Imperial on the INTEL front while I would consider the Empire slightly better on the counter-intel front. The Rebels had the huge advantage of KNOWING who their enemies were and mostly knowing where they were, so secrets uncovering was all they had to worry about. While the Empire had to worry about the whole shibang. Not saying they shouldnt have intel on them, or be able to stop SOME scouts.... but the level of Intel WE dont have that we should or the amount of scouts WE have been unable to stop simply because our names dont carry some form of "intel" in it is kind of absurd.....

Edit: most of the time Imperial Intel wasnt even all that interested in "secrets" they just needed to figure out where the hell the enemy was to send in the guns..... and that ALONE was challenging...

1. To be technical, "Galactic Inquisition" is not "Imperial Agent Agency" :p, and while Inquisitors are related to intel and such, they do NOT have a boost from the mere name in intel.

2. You want to know the real reason why Karadron's intel is so good Tune? He practices good intel in every single sense of the word. He goes where there is actually intel to be had, his agents have so much experience at this point it is unreal, he works his way towards good intel instead of expecting it to sprout within a couple weeks. Yes, you have people planted for weeks as well, but as I have been telling you... The locations you have tried to get intel from, are either deserts without much intel, or filled with sharks that your agents are not experienced with.

3. Here is a fun, free, fact...

4. The part you seem to be forgetting Tune, is the scope. You could have the best agents in the world... But if your going against factions more than x10 your size, who have much more experience, well, it isn't going to be a gold mine right away. This could ofc be circumvented if you get your agents to less shark infested waters and to planets with actual intel to be had. Dead agents don't get you more experience.

5. The times you have tried to infiltrate Karadron's faction, is at the places it was absolutely insane in counter intel. There are plenty of locations in his faction that you could EASILY infiltrate. Your choice of target however...

6. All the info that you know Imperial Intelligence has on you, is all location based if you recall, which fits with their MO.

Edited by Silenceo

Except Star, you WOULDN'T know the GI had arrived except for the fact you lost contact with the scouts that were watching the Commenor route to Cato Nemoidia. I specifically told you that they lost contact well before the battle started which indicated something was up. They didn't get messages off due to the strong jamming capabilities of the GI ships.

As for why they were not detected in-system before your arrival, it is quite simple. They knew everything you knew, and used the tech on their ships to ensure they were unseen until the battle commenced. (they do have stealth tech on multiple ships if I recall correctly, as well as jamming and such)

While the process of getting to the battle is all segmented, in-game it is fluid of course. That said, in essence the GI knew your time table and planned accordingly, even if that means they jumped in a few minutes after, or before or such. With how the scouts were arrayed (or at least how they were described to me) they should of gotten there without numbers being revealed. I practically told you outright that something with jammers was coming from the direction of Commenor Star...

Let me put it to you as gently as I can, because I've agreed with you and seen your point of view on a lot of things but this is utter crap (and I'm not using that word lightly...)

First off. Stealth ship. Let that sink in. Remember they may be able to detect it, but they have to find it first. I'm not arguing that it got destroyed but it definitely would have been able to tell me something even just a "oh, shi-". You just said it vanished without a trace. I don't care how good the GI is, unless the pilot was one of theirs this could not happen.

Second. I asked you, based on my scouts (and for the linear progression of the battle this would have been right before a few-minute jump in-system from the edge) if there was anything except what we expected and you said no. So having a new force there is annoying

We won't even start on how ridiculous the idea of infiltrating my organization would be. Infiltrate the population on planets I control? Sure. Infiltrate by business associates? why not... But to actually take military secrets and timetables from the Mando Werda is the height of Lunacy.

Sil, going back I don't think you properly understood the whole point of my scouts. They are there to tell me if something happens and I specifically said that if they see anything that is potentially too risky they'd call the whole thing off. You never said they noticed anything that could result in the whole thing being called off (like, idk, a new fleet in orbit.)

Also, you dropped the death of Tryall on us way too late, I was reacting to it, waiting for Jarons reaction and I was going to call it off (between his death and my lost scout I wasn't going to strike) but you ignored our reactions (in which Endo is actively trying to reestablish order in the wake of the assassination, obviously not having made the actual final jump to Cate Neimoidia) and went ahead with something that was (at that moment) still undecided.

Oh, and upgraded sensors on the Kandosii would have picked up the extra ships from their staging position at the edge of the system

Sil: I knew you'd pull this stuff once I massed this fleet. I have more than prepared to stomp this argument of yours into the dirt. I just can't believe you actually went ahead with it knowing all the arrangements I made.

Edit: calmed down, removed some profanity. The general sentiment is still the same

Edited by StarSquirrel

I will also add to the above, that, I'm not too angry that I have to do this fight, as Karadron is about to get roflstomped and his commander will die if you look at the sheer numbers.

(I alone have more Frigates, more Corvettes, more fighters more troops...)

I'm pissed that the fight is even taking place considering the number of safeguards I put into place and the way events played out.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I would also like to note that troll shields mean crap when you have a ship with missiles that can bypass shields and can then leech the energy from said troll shields to make said ship even stronger.Like star said only thing that is keeping us from winning is the Jerec Flagship.

Side note:All of my big capital ships except for the crusaders and the ardent has anti stealth technology build into the ship so GI stealth ships won't have a effect on them.

Edited by Jarons

Let me put it to you as gently as I can, because I've agreed with you and seen your point of view on a lot of things but this is utter crap (and I'm not using that word lightly...)

First off. Stealth ship. Let that sink in. Remember they may be able to detect it, but they have to find it first. I'm not arguing that it got destroyed but it definitely would have been able to tell me something even just a "oh, shi-". You just said it vanished without a trace. I don't care how good the GI is, unless the pilot was one of theirs this could not happen.

Second. I asked you, based on my scouts (and for the linear progression of the battle this would have been right before a few-minute jump in-system from the edge) if there was anything except what we expected and you said no. So having a new force there is annoying

We won't even start on how ridiculous the idea of infiltrating my organization would be. Infiltrate the population on planets I control? Sure. Infiltrate by business associates? why not... But to actually take military secrets and timetables from the Mando Werda is the height of Lunacy.

Sil, going back I don't think you properly understood the whole point of my scouts. They are there to tell me if something happens and I specifically said that if they see anything that is potentially too risky they'd call the whole thing off. You never said they noticed anything that could result in the whole thing being called off (like, idk, a new fleet in orbit.)

Also, you dropped the death of Tryall on us way too late, I was reacting to it, waiting for Jarons reaction and I was going to call it off (between his death and my lost scout I wasn't going to strike) but you ignored our reactions (in which Endo is actively trying to reestablish order in the wake of the assassination, obviously not having made the actual final jump to Cate Neimoidia) and went ahead with something that was (at that moment) still undecided.

Oh, and upgraded sensors on the Kandosii would have picked up the extra ships from their staging position at the edge of the system

Sil: I knew you'd pull this stuff once I massed this fleet. I have more than prepared to stomp this argument of yours into the dirt. I just can't believe you actually went ahead with it knowing all the arrangements I made.

Edit: calmed down, removed some profanity. The general sentiment is still the same

I will also add to the above, that, I'm not too angry that I have to do this fight, as Karadron is about to get roflstomped and his commander will die if you look at the sheer numbers.

(I alone have more Frigates, more Corvettes, more fighters more troops...)

I'm pissed that the fight is even taking place considering the number of safeguards I put into place and the way events played out.

1. The factors in that event, is that the FC are not the only ones infiltrated, albeit to a lesser degree due to the Mandalorian culture and the difficulty of impersonating one of them. That said, the agents were able to listen in on your plans and knew about where the scouts would be in the system. Meaning that as soon as the GI jumped in they activated their jammers, searched the region of space their informant indicated, interdicted the area, and destroyed the scouts.

2. Except that exact same thing could be used against you in this exact same scenario. They knew you had other scouts, but had eliminated the ones that patrolled the Commenor route entrance so they could make it in system undetected. They have plenty of tech to deflect long range sensors or scans, and again, they knew your plan. As for whether anything new had developed, from where the scouts where, they saw nothing new at all. However, the scouts that had monitored the Commenor route did not respond, this was made blatantly clear. Certainly foreshadowing that something had entered the system.

3. Truth be told, most of the data for the Op stolen was from the FC. Though infiltrating Mandalorian society has been done multiple times, and if Karadron's agents had been less experienced, it would of ended in disaster. Here however, they were highly experienced, had an elite operative leading them, and were able to blend in with the FC if inspection got too close on the MW ships.

4. That is because they DID NOT detect the fleet until you had jumped in system, which at which point the GI fleet moved to support the GE fleet. There are numerous other ways to get past the scouts of course, but ofc I don't know them all.

5. As for the death, it was intended to have happened basically right as they were coming out of hyperspace and into the Cato Nemoidia system. The write up was more for scene than 100% accuracy, heck, I could of just said. "Tyrral is dead". Yet that isn't very... entertaining.

6. I repeat, I did NOT orchestrate this... How many times must I tell you people that I do NOT control everything? Dang it Karadron, you keep getting me in trouble with these people! :p:rolleyes:

7. Nor was this intended to be a one sided fight, Karadron only proceeded to engage because of the success his agents were having. (At least, that is as it seems as it was leading up to it)

8. Actually, less corvettes from Karadron alone, not to mention from the NPC. As for flagship firepower, you indeed have way more frigates, but all things considered, ship to ship isn't all the unequal at this point in time. (It is after all the GE and GI not just the GI)

I would also like to note that troll shields mean crap when you have a ship with missiles that can bypass shields and can then leech the energy from said troll shields to make said ship even stronger.Like star said only thing that is keeping us from winning is the Jerec Flagship.

Side note:All of my big capital ships except for the crusaders and the ardent has anti stealth technology build into the ship so GI stealth ships won't have a effect on them.

Trying to stay out of the fleet vs fleet debate myself, but a few things to note.

Leacher = / = scale with shield power

- It does not increase the rate of drain, nor the duration of the drain, nor even the maximum capacity that it can obtain from such. If they run out shields to drain, ofc the leacher is no longer useful. However, its effectiveness is NOT increased if the shields would of survived before and they merely got more shielding.

Leacher ! > shields instantly

- It is a process over time that can be countered, shut down, out ranged, or even just out lasted. It is great tech, don't get me wrong, but it is not some Jesus beam that negates shields entirely.

Troll shields = constant regen

- If for example, you manage to take down one shield and start hitting the other... The shield you took down, is already starting to recharge for re-deployment. Hence their name, troll shields...

Missles > shields (mostly) BUT Missiles ! > Armor

- Quote self explanitory. :rolleyes:

Good point on the anti-stealth tech however.

*Cough*

Jammers > Missiles

Sil, have you seen my PMs?

Yes, but you have to introduce you battle plan public silly. :rolleyes: So that it can be debated and such... :p

Side Note: In order to spur more debate... (and since I don't want to have to do much debating for either side, not to mention I have finals to prepare for tonight...) Currently MW&FC have the advantage. (Advantage meaning that if called this second, they would be victorious in some manner.)

After Thought: If you wanted me to post it... Don't say, "For your eyes only" silly! :p :p :p

Edited by Silenceo

Yes, but you have to introduce you battle plan public silly. :rolleyes: So that it can be debated and such... :p

I was hoping you would post it. :p

Edit: Battle Plan:

1. Initially in system will be the diplomatic DP20, Stealth Ships, Enigmas, and Phantoms. They will be relaying information to the main fleet which will be just out of the system.

2. Shortly after initial engagement has been made the Inquisition Fleet will jump into the system at the rear of the MW and FC fleets.

3. Jammers and Gravity Well projectors will activate cutting off MW and FC communications and sensors. Making targeting much more difficult.

4. All the ships minus the IF-11s/Tartans/ Clawcraft will focus fire down the engines of the Providences.

5. With their engines disabled the Inquisition can focus on dealing with other heavy hitting ships and sending a Spacetrooper boarding party onto the FC’s Keldabes.

6. Drop pods carrying Chameleon Droids and Commando droids will be sent to the Providences and the Kandosii.

7. The fighters focus will be dealing with boarding parties and distracting other ships.

8. Boarding parties to be used where feasible (Stormtroopers/Droidekas/ Spacetroopers).

9. Cloaked vessels are only to deal with any rear attacks that may occur until the anti-stealth ships are destroyed.

10. Also take into effect that the Inquisition’s commander is equal in skill to the MWs but exceeds him in Discipline (5 levels) and Deception (8) and Skirmish (1). As well he has points put into Conversion.

Edit 2:

Agents have already been running sabotage missions, even before the assassination of Tyrral.

When the Inquisition joins the battle they will hack communications to play on loop a demoralizing message made by Vinen.

An overture will be sent to the FC ships to turn on the MW and be allowed to leave on their own volition.

Sabotage will be continued during the battle targeting critical systems—engines, shields, weaponry.

An attempt to vent the bridge of the ship with the MW admiral is will also be attempted.

All agents on board will be participating, including certain assassins.

Main goals are: keeping boarding parties on ships, taking out the ability for ships to move, and knocking out the Bothan.

Edited by karadron

Almost forgot that I had forgotten to post Karadron's standard compliments troop wise... *faceplam*

Stormtrooper detachment:

12288 serving as the compliments for the vessels.

14 DP20 (2100 Stormtroopers/ 350 E-webs)

Stormtroopers -150

E-web Troopers -25

2 Ardent (1500 Droidekas/ Droidekas MK II)

(Droideka MK II) 750

Droidekas -750

4 Vindicator (4,000 Droidekas/ 24,000 Stormtroopers)

Droidekas 1000

Stormtroopers 6000

4 Imp II frigates (80 LAAT/i)

LAAT/I - 20

Trying to stay out of the fleet vs fleet debate myself, but a few things to note.

Leacher = / = scale with shield power

- It does not increase the rate of drain, nor the duration of the drain, nor even the maximum capacity that it can obtain from such. If they run out shields to drain, ofc the leacher is no longer useful. However, its effectiveness is NOT increased if the shields would of survived before and they merely got more shielding.

Leacher ! > shields instantly

- It is a process over time that can be countered, shut down, out ranged, or even just out lasted. It is great tech, don't get me wrong, but it is not some Jesus beam that negates shields entirely.

Troll shields = constant regen

- If for example, you manage to take down one shield and start hitting the other... The shield you took down, is already starting to recharge for re-deployment. Hence their name, troll shields...

Missles > shields (mostly) BUT Missiles ! > Armor

- Quote self explanitory. :rolleyes:

Good point on the anti-stealth tech however.

Sil the shield leecher would increase my ship weapon system so my turbolasers would be more powerful.Again with those being Troll shields which I are of stronger then state of the art shielding so they would make my ships weapons even powerful. NOt to mention once their shields are down we will hit them with our ION CANNONS to keep them down.

The leecher does not increase my ships shields which there be no point because if Karadon ships get to close its shields would drop.

Sil that's the point the shields won't automatically drop it would be a steady stream of energy into the Kelbabe weapons when they Regan their shields my weapons just become stronger again.Its like a ferris wheel continuous flow of energy.We have no idea what the range is but I think the range should be equal to the range of my turbo laser or at least of 3/5 of its range.I like the Name Jesus beam it sounds cool.

Your correct missile don't always beat armor but I have to ask how strong are the if-11s/Tartans armor?

Side note: Shortly after initial engagement has been made the Inquisition Fleet will jump into the system at the rear of the MW and FC fleets.

How would the GI get behind us they would have to had been in the same system as us and am pretty sure a fleet that size isn't hard to miss.Even stealth they would have been picked up by my anti stealth tech.

After thought: Before Tyrral death he was personal seeing to maintenance and checking every system of every ship in the Coalition fleet for a while now and he would have done the same thing before the battle.So if the GI did sabotage the ship before it would have been picked up and fixed with Tyrral over seeing it himself.The only way for the GI agents to damaged the ship would be now while the ship is in high alert with Coalition and Man do werda troops looking for them.

Edited by Jarons

Sil the shield leecher would increase my ship weapon system so my turbolasers would be more powerful.Again with those being Troll shields which I are of stronger then state of the art shielding so they would make my ships weapons even powerful. NOt to mention once their shields are down we will hit them with our ION CANNONS to keep them down.

The leecher does not increase my ships shields which there be no point because if Karadon ships get to close its shields would drop.

Sil that's the point the shields won't automatically drop it would be a steady stream of energy into the Kelbabe weapons when they Regan their shields my weapons just become stronger again.Its like a ferris wheel continuous flow of energy.We have no idea what the range is but I think the range should be equal to the range of my turbo laser or at least of 3/5 of its range.I like the Name Jesus beam it sounds cool.

I feel as if there is a bit of a mis-conception regarding the Shield Leacher here...

Key Facts:

- Due to its installment, Keldabes had less standard armament than other destroyers

- Easy to take out (if they know where to strike) *enter agents*

- Without Leacher (and mass driver) the Keldabe is much weaker than an ISD MK I

- Only so much energy can be stored

- Again, stronger opposition shields = / = stronger leacher effect, unless the shields otherwise would have dropped.

- Never said it increased the Keldabes shields

- Considering how the leaching works, most likely less than half the range of a turbo laser (otherwise they would of been used quite a bit more, they were invented by the Empire after all)

- Jesus Beam is already taken by an ability that has been given that nickname in ESO :p

The shield Leachers are certain very advanced and useful tech, however, they are the only thing that allows Keldabes to fight ON PAR with ISD MK I's. If they lose it, they are at a severe disadvantage.

1. To be technical, "Galactic Inquisition" is not "Imperial Agent Agency" :p, and while Inquisitors are related to intel and such, they do NOT have a boost from the mere name in intel.

2. You want to know the real reason why Karadron's intel is so good Tune? He practices good intel in every single sense of the word. He goes where there is actually intel to be had, his agents have so much experience at this point it is unreal, he works his way towards good intel instead of expecting it to sprout within a couple weeks. Yes, you have people planted for weeks as well, but as I have been telling you... The locations you have tried to get intel from, are either deserts without much intel, or filled with sharks that your agents are not experienced with.

3. Here is a fun, free, fact...

4. The part you seem to be forgetting Tune, is the scope. You could have the best agents in the world... But if your going against factions more than x10 your size, who have much more experience, well, it isn't going to be a gold mine right away. This could ofc be circumvented if you get your agents to less shark infested waters and to planets with actual intel to be had. Dead agents don't get you more experience.

5. The times you have tried to infiltrate Karadron's faction, is at the places it was absolutely insane in counter intel. There are plenty of locations in his faction that you could EASILY infiltrate. Your choice of target however...

6. All the info that you know Imperial Intelligence has on you, is all location based if you recall, which fits with their MO.

2. IS BULL ****..... I have NOT been Practicing intel for WEEKS... I have been parcticing Intel SINCE THE BEGGINNING OF THE GAME.....I refer you once more to my ONLY standing order, which sure doesnt have them Doing any sabotaging or anything of the like, but observational... and having been observing nothing...Also how the hell am I supposed to MAGICALLY guess where the intel is at.

The intel people have on me ISNT a problem. Its circumstantial, at best..... as it should be....

Its the lack of Information I HAVE....

The Empire operated very much in the open to quell rebellions before they start and so that the Citizens that DO believe in them can look and SEE how well the Empire has them protected. I am NOT saying I should know their secrets, but the fact that I cant get information that every 8 year should be able to get (No that is not an exaguration, they should be able to walk up to some one in the government or some one that works for the government or military and plainly ask "what are you doing to keep me safe" and get an answer) is whats upsetting me....

Same thing with the Republic, the Old Republic, the CiS and the Sith Empire.... the lack of "common knowledge" is insane and the fact that my supposed experts who have been doing the same job since week 1 and its now week 25 are now all of a sudden doing WORSE then they were doing on week 1 is whats pissing my off and justifiably so.

I made an order week 1 so as to have my people begin setting up a large and intricate Intel Network, when I micro managed it.... it was fine, but the moment I stopped micro managing it for my own sanity and Sils that's when it was began pretending like every member in it was brain dead morons who couldnt find their ways out of a paper bag.

Black Sun.... did Xizor micro manage every intel agent he had? No.... very little so.... he had people to do that for him.

When I tell my people to do something and give them operational control, I expect them to act with the level of experience and skill befitting of their station. I am about to fire every single "Intelligence" operative I have for being half brain dead zombie morons who are worth LESS then any 5 year old I could hire for 2 credits for them to go buy that new candy bar....

3. She was always there, dont care... didnt change anything for how difficult they had of a time even figuring out WHO was a rebel.

4. I have already noted the level of BS this is, will not get to it further.

Edited by tunewalker

Side note: Shortly after initial engagement has been made the Inquisition Fleet will jump into the system at the rear of the MW and FC fleets.

How would the GI get behind us they would have to had been in the same system as us and am pretty sure a fleet that size isn't hard to miss.Even stealth they would have been picked up by my anti stealth tech.

After thought: Before Tyrral death he was personal seeing to maintenance and checking every system of every ship in the Coalition fleet for a while now and he would have done the same thing before the battle.So if the GI did sabotage the ship before it would have been picked up and fixed with Tyrral over seeing it himself.The only way for the GI agents to damaged the ship would be now while the ship is in high alert with Coalition and Man do werda troops looking for them.

How do GI get behind?

1. Prior knowledge of battle plan

2. Staying just out of system, like in deep space waiting for signal.

3. Jump into system a little further out than the combined MW/FC fleet jumped in. Guns will already be directed at the ships so they can open fire as soon as they arrive.

Sabotage:

1. They wouldn't make their work obvious. :p

2. Viruses. You won't know about it until its too late. Plus they could cause any number of things to happen. Power down things, overload others, self-destruct.

3. Tyrral didn't know anything about sabotage...He could have overseen them 'fixing' the systems and it would have looked fine.

How do GI get behind?

1. Prior knowledge of battle plan

2. Staying just out of system, like in deep space waiting for signal.

3. Jump into system a little further out than the combined MW/FC fleet jumped in. Guns will already be directed at the ships so they can open fire as soon as they arrive.

Sabotage:

1. They wouldn't make their work obvious. :p

2. Viruses. You won't know about it until its too late. Plus they could cause any number of things to happen. Power down things, overload others, self-destruct.

3. Tyrral didn't know anything about sabotage...He could have overseen them 'fixing' the systems and it would have looked fine.

Ok am going to say this the Battle Plan would have been made when both Admirals meet at Druchenwell.The assassin would have to wait till after they met discuss the plan and for Tyrral to put it into the computer am pretty sure we would have more then likely already there if not right outside of the system.By the time he killed Tyrral and sent the battle plan to the Gi their no way your fleet would have been mobilized and in deep space behind us.Also From what star said yesterday when we saw the DP20, Stealth Ships, Enigmas, and Phantoms we would jump into deep OR space.Even with it just being a diplomatic fleet it was not what was originally scouted and reported at the time instead of engaging we would jump out the system it is not hard to smell a set up.

Ok am going to say this the Battle Plan would have been made when both Admirals meet at Druchenwell.The assassin would have to wait till after they met discuss the plan and for Tyrral to put it into the computer am pretty sure we would have more then likely already there if not right outside of the system.By the time he killed Tyrral and sent the battle plan to the Gi their no way your fleet would have been mobilized and in deep space behind us.Also From what star said yesterday when we saw the DP20, Stealth Ships, Enigmas, and Phantoms we would jump into deep OR space.Even with it just being a diplomatic fleet it was not what was originally scouted and reported at the time instead of engaging we would jump out the system it is not hard to smell a set up.

So...the battle plan was made by them and they never told anyone else about it?

The battle plan was sent some time before Tyrral was killed (aka he was found killed as soon as the fleet arrived at its final destination). So that's effectively the first move of the battle.

So...one DP20 and a bunch of ships that are hanging back to stay out of range of that stealth detectors btw is suspicious when they are acting as a diplomatic fleet? This fleet is a bit skittish.

So the battle goes like this:

1. Tyrral is found dead

2. A diplomatic fleet that wasn't scouted is seen.

3. The whole affair is called off.

4. They start jumping to lightspeed and the sabotaged ships and stragglers are caught by the Immobilizer and captured.

Edit: Battle Plan:

1. Initially in system will be the diplomatic DP20, Stealth Ships, Enigmas, and Phantoms. They will be relaying information to the main fleet which will be just out of the system..

This right here would be enough. One unidentified frigate that was never planned for would be plenty to cause the MW to call it off. If they identified themselves as GI then even better.

This right here puts a massive hole in everything you've said up to now Sil.

But we shall continue.

2. Shortly after initial engagement has been made the Inquisition Fleet will jump into the system at the rear of the MW and FC fleets.

3. Jammers and Gravity Well projectors will activate cutting off MW and FC communications and sensors. Making targeting much more difficult.

Improved comms and sensors on the Kandosii-type would be unaffected due to their upgraded nature (I'd assume, hence why I upgraded them...) so the MW fleet is hardly flying blind. Targeting? I don't recall in any SW literature at all that jamming can be a large-scale means of disrupting ship-to-ship missiles. Find a source please.

The Gravity Well traps you in with us. Poor sucker.

4. All the ships minus the IF-11s/Tartans/ Clawcraft will focus fire down the engines of the Providences.

Good luck, as I've explained to Sil in previous engagements, large capital ships are in short supply for the Mando Werda and as such they are at the back and the most well-defended (with the MW willing to sacrifice smaller ships to defend them. You'll suffer massive casualties getting there and while the Mando Werda's smaller ships might take a hit, your ships single mindedness will get them slaughtered. Not to mention they wont have time to send boarding parties as the first capital ships they hit (literally) are the Jehavey'irs and their own boarding parties.

Again, bad move.

5. With their engines disabled the Inquisition can focus on dealing with other heavy hitting ships and sending a Spacetrooper boarding party onto the FC’s Keldabes.

Jaron's corner

6. Drop pods carrying Chameleon Droids and Commando droids will be sent to the Providences and the Kandosii.

Mando Cabure... 10k... +Basilisks... You you're screwed. Also improved deckplating on the Kandosii will stop a lot of those pods from even connecting. The Providences are (again) at the back. No ship you have could survive the gauntlet long enough to make it.

10. Also take into effect that the Inquisition’s commander is equal in skill to the MWs but exceeds him in Discipline (5 levels) and Deception (8) and Skirmish (1). As well he has points put into Conversion.

Skirmish actually has no place here but the others I concede though they really don't add a whole lot to this fight imo.

Edit 2:

Agents have already been running sabotage missions, even before the assassination of Tyrral.

Not on Mando Werda targets I assure you.

When the Inquisition joins the battle they will hack communications to play on loop a demoralizing message made by Vinen.

Hahahahahahaha.

Faction Trait 1: Dar'yaim's influence and reputation strikes terror in the hearts of his foes. His soldiers all bear his mark painted on their craft and equipment giving them a sense of unity and purpose while striking fear in their enemies. Improves Morale and Intimidation

Faction Trait 2: Mandalorians are some of the greatest warriors the galaxy has ever seen. As the embodiment of the perfect soldiers they are held to the utmost standards of discipline and conduct. Improves Efficiency and Discipline

An overture will be sent to the FC ships to turn on the MW and be allowed to leave on their own volition.
Remember, you're talking about two factions that have cohesion. They've already fought together at least once. So this allied force his unit cohesion the GI and GE don't have and loyalty to one another bred from shared combat experiences. Thats a bond you don't have enough skillpoints to break.

Sabotage will be continued during the battle targeting critical systems—engines, shields, weaponry.

Again, not on MW targets

An attempt to vent the bridge of the ship with the MW admiral is will also be attempted.
Really? You really think that will work? Remember Kandosii-types are old. Their computer systems not only won't be compatible with yours, but they'd have manual overrides and such that you don't see in "newer" vessels.

All agents on board will be participating, including certain assassins.

Mando Cabure + Basilisk war droids... Also note I'd have these Cabure and Basilisks guarding Endo as well and since the death of his fellow admiral there is no way anyone without the highest levels of security clearance could approach the bridge.

Main goals are: keeping boarding parties on ships, taking out the ability for ships to move, and knocking out the Bothan.

Again, dreams and fantasies. But you're welcome to try.

After all this I'm writing a manual of standard practices of the Mando Werda fleet for Sil to peruse so he realizes how my fleet operates so we never have a fight this dumb occur again.

Also Karadron, rest assured that I have a nice bank at home with a new account labeled Annihilate Karadron fund and a good portion of that will be dedicated to purging your entire intel network from the ground up.

Yeah I've been taking it slow, but you pissed the MW off.

They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards.

- Creighton W. Abrams, Jr.

Edit: to be fair, I buy an ambush happening, this just seems pretty early in the game for that....

Edited by tunewalker

So...one DP20 and a bunch of ships that are hanging back to stay out of range of that stealth detectors btw is suspicious when they are acting as a diplomatic fleet? This fleet is a bit skittish.

Yes it is. Remember when I said the MW was being defensive? or when I said the MW had other things it could do with the fleet? Or when I said

This is actually the biggest fleet I've coordinated yet, even bigger than my starting fleet so I'll have about a half-dozen "scouts" preview the fight beforehand to ensure the intel is accurate.

So yeah... The fleet is skittish. And since your battle plan has you drop an unstealthed ship from the very beginning into the mix, then this entire battle shouldn't happen. At all.

Is there a process or protocol that you've established for undoing/changing/adjusting things that have happened? Because there is absolutely zero reason this battle should be occurring.

Jammers against targeting computers:

Example 1: 220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device produced by the GE.

Example 2: 4x-Phantom sensor jammer

The one used on the Death Star obviously didn't jam their comms, nor their targeting computers in either movie so... lol

The A-wing's one is a fighter-based and used more for masking itself than offensively and I have the same thing (roughly) on my Skiprays.

So yeah, pretty much what I thought you had.

Edited by StarSquirrel

To also be noted, I think it depends on the era of guidance system, Clone wars and later guidance systems were protected from jamming, thats why flak cannons became so prevelant.... at least they were that way against Military targets to Military targets.... obviously civilian stuff could still technically be jammed... unless upgraded....