The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

*The Acclamators and Tartans land just behind the FC camp and begin unloading, while the LAAT/i take the forces on board of the Nebulons to the ground.

"We will immediately begin."

Commander Risthe cuts the connection and opens one to Adrian.

"This is commander Risthe of the Independent Republic Ambassadors. Captain Tyrral gave us clearance for landing troops to help you out against the CIS."

After the unloading is finished, the ships join in the blockade.

"Commander Adrian, Captain Tyrral, during the fights our forces will be under your command because you are much more skilled in combat and tactics as I am, from what I've heard.

I have an emergency force stationed at Bannistar that can be here within 4 hours if things go bad."

"Commander Risthe yes Tyrral just told me.Welcome to the Battle for Gall commander your assistant well go along way in winning and gaining this planet freedom from the CIS."

"Commander your men are in good hands we will make sure they return safe and sound."

"Hopefully with the reinforcements we won't need those extra force from Bannistar."

OCC:With the two Acclamators, two Nebulons and four Tartans added to the Fleet.They will join in the plan by having the two Nebulons and four Tartans joining the assault on the CIS fleet with The Farewell Coalition Fleet and have the Acclamators Bombard the Black suns Fleet along side the Mando Werda.

Edited by Jarons

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Looks at battle time lines. Then looks at what happened during the night. Tosses hands up into the air*

Well, there goes the consistency. :rolleyes: Watch out for the mines CheaterLL. :p Also Jarons, the 1 meter thing was space mines in general, not just proximity.

Edited by Silenceo

*Looks at battle time lines. Then looks at what happened during the night. Tosses hands up into the air*

Well, there goes the consistency. :rolleyes: Watch out for the mines CheaterLL. :p Also Jarons, the 1 meter thing was space mines in general, not just proximity.

Ohhh yea reread and your right.About time Sil now get those CIS off my planet.Also the mines are deactivated until my scout ship see the CIS arrive.

Ohhh yea reread and your right.About time Sil now get those CIS off my planet.Also the mines are deactivated until my scout ship see the CIS arrive.

Unless you have a precedent? I mean, if your going to mine the entire system, closing off every single entrance... it would be too late to activate them after someone jumps in... Nor do they care for friendly vs enemy. Hence why mines were not as widely used as they might have been during the Clone Wars or Sith Wars.

Unless you have a precedent? I mean, if your going to mine the entire system, closing off every single entrance... it would be too late to activate them after someone jumps in... Nor do they care for friendly vs enemy. Hence why mines were not as widely used as they might have been during the Clone Wars or Sith Wars.

Ummmmmm No Also we didn't mine the entire system and like you said with the CIS and Black Suns Fleets

- How close do you guys think the two fleets with be when they exit hyperspace?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! :eek: I mean, looking at the map, they would basically be coming from opposite directions... (Trigals vs main CIS worlds)

From Bannistar their arriving in a completely different direction as well so they should be fine based on your logic SIl.

Edited by Jarons

Ummmmmm No Also we didn't mine the entire system and like you said with the CIS and Black Suns Fleets

From Bannistar their arriving in a completely different direction as well so they should be fine based on your logic SIl.

Exactly.

If you didn't mine the entire system, how would you be sure the CIS and Black Sun will be hit? The main issue right now I am running into, is that your in the middle of CIS space, and not too many capital ships that have mines on board. Then the plan was to mine the entrance that the CIS would use to enter the system. Yet, that could literally be any direction. Which either forces the mines to be thin, or not cover all the entrances. Unless they are lain close to the planet, which eliminates any surprise, and also prove a danger to your own troops since the CIS and Black Sun have long range weaponry.

Edited by Silenceo

Exactly.

If you didn't mine the entire system, how would you be sure the CIS and Black Sun will be hit? The main issue right now I am running into, is that your in the middle of CIS space, and not too many capital ships that have mines on board. Then the plan was to mine the entrance that the CIS would use to enter the system. Yet, that could literally be any direction. Which either forces the mines to be thin, or not cover all the entrances. Unless they are lain close to the planet, which eliminates any surprise, and also prove a danger to your own troops since the CIS and Black Sun have long range weaponry.

Alright SIl you have a point.

*Week 10*

Results of Week 9:

"Salty's" Freighter's and Soldiers Co.: Many jobs reaching completion.

The Galactic Inquisition: Played cat and mouse with Jox on her flagship.

Mando Werda: Continues siege on Gall.

The Farewell Coalition: Continues siege on Gall.

Rising Republic: Continues to repair ships and fleet remains over Naboo.

Ordo Kote: Ayan travels to Sarka, intending to contact the Republic.

Independent Republic Ambassadors: Negotiated with Vrol and call Druckenwell home.

Skill points Earned:

"Salty's" Freighter's and Soldiers Co.: + 30

The Galactic Inquisition: +10

Mando Werda: + 15

The Farewell Coalition: + 15

Rising Republic: + 1

Ordo Kote: + 10

Independent Republic Ambassadors: + 5

Outcomes:

Space Battle over Gall

The CIS Fleet arrived right on time, but before the Combined Forces could activate the mines, the scout had to relay their position and arrival. During that time the CIS spotted the mines and countered them using their jamming tech, which was so specific it could be used to only target enemy devices. With the signal unable to get through, the CIS passed right through the unactivated mine field. The Combined FOrces were setup in blockade formation, readying themselves for the CIS assault. Before battle could be joined however, a fleet of Black Sun vessels jumped out of hyperspace extremely close to the planet, bypassing the mine field and starting with the Combined Forces within their range. A common pirate tactic. They suffered casualties early and fast while the CIS still were closing the distance, no doubt having linked up with their Super Tactical Droid now. Which was likely ordering the ships to take their time, to allow the Black Sun to weaken them.

The Black Sun however, were having none of it. Before the Combined forces could get into proper turbolaser range, the Black Sun fleet descended towards the atmosphere, landing maneuvers. At this time the CIS fleet sped up, apparently they didn't want the Black Sun added to the ground engagement. The prow cannons began to rake the Comined forces, peppering them from a distance as they attempted to stop the Black Sun's landing maneuvers. Their ships were fast and numerous, and while many were shot out of the sky, plenty made it to the surface.

It was then that the Black Sun lost its cohesion. Without its leader, they started to suffer more severe casualties, despite their bombing runs on the Mando Werda's Providence's. With the Black Sun threat reduced, the CIS fleet intensified their firepower and closed. Caught between two foes, the two fleets were forced to divide. With their attention divided now, casualties started to pour in. Due being so locked in combat, numerous drop pods made it past the blockade and landed near the CIS base. Their plan fulfilled, the CIS fleet began to withdraw. In the end the Combined forces were victorious, but at great cost. With the CIS reinforcements delivered, and the Black Sun having landed troops, that undoubtably were after Adrian... Things just got interesting...

Gall Space Battle Casualties

Black Sun:

Venator

58 Interceptor frigates

600 Rihkxyrk (rik-zerk) Attack ship

420 V-Wings

CIS Fleet:

10 Munificents

480 Tri Droids

240 Hyena bombers

Mando Werda:

2 Providence

2 Strikes

3 Jehavey'ir assault ships

100 X-83

50 Skiprays

Farewell Coalition:

1 Terminus-class destroyer

1 Ardent-class fast frigate

7 Crusader-class corvette

4 YZ-2500 heavy transports

200 Bes’uliik (took the brunt)

Damage:

Farewell Coalition:

1 Keldabe-class battleship Crippled

1 Terminus-class destroyer Crippled

1 Ardent-class fast frigate Crippled

3 Crusader-class corvette Damaged

Mando Werda:

1 Kandosii-Type Crippled

4 Jehavey'ir assault ships

3 Action VI transports

Reasoning

- The Combined Forces were really out numbered, badly.

- Combined forces however out gunned the opposition

- Black Sun only effective with its leader active

- CIS used prow cannons to devastate a bit

- The attack crafts used by Black Sun are incredibly durable and managed to live enough to do damage

- Lord Xist was stated to work for the CIS in the past. Not beyond him to coordinate revenge and work.

- Mines were great and could of turned the tides, but the decision to only activate them with a signal hampered them and allowed the CIS enough time to jam that signal. The Black Sun bypassed such by coming out basically in orbit.

- While the Crusaders can shoot down torpedoes, the sheer number of them allowed damage to be done to the Combined fleet during their brief engagement.

I am sure I will need to answer many questions/outrage after this... *sigh*

Time line inconsistencies dictated he arrive after the battle. Otherwise it would be chaos to determine the sequence.

His fleet was close enough to arrive in time based on how movement works for the game but if it would have messed up your summary then it fine even if it would have saved some of our ships.but one thing about the mines are their seekers mine from the wookie Once a target entered the radius of a seeker mine, the weapon would home in on the vehicle at a moderate speed and collide, causing an explosion. Though less powerful than a standard mine, seekers were very hard to detect. These mines were used to devastating effect against starfighters and capital ships alike.So the CIS wouldn't just see them it would have taken way to much time and the only reason they would even look for them is if they already know about them and how would that had been possible.

Also the scout wouldn't need to tell the fleet he had the signal with him to activate the mines that why we keep him out their so long. When he saw the CIS fleet he would have just activated them and then relayed the Fleet can you give me a reason why he wouldn't do that, That was his entire Job when the CIS arrive activate the mines then come back to the fleet.

Finally a few questions Why aren't any of the Black suns or CIS crippled or At least damaged?AM fine with losing some Crusaders I assumed I'll lose about 5 but 7 how their were kinda important they would have been protected.Also wouldn't the Drop pods be destroyed by the remaining crusaders just asking not sure?How many Cis and Blacks suns made it to the ground?

Edited by Jarons

The Cure heads towards Gall.

We will have to extend our conversation Jarons.

Basically, I offer you to let your damaged ships be repaired at Druckenwell and I offer all of yours and Star's troops medical treatment aboard the Cure, which will arrive shortly.

And I tell you I'm sorry I was too late.

OOC: too lazy to type a whole conversation again

Edited by CheaterLL

His fleet was close enough to arrive in time based on how movement works for the game but if it would have messed up your summary then it fine even if it would have saved some of our ships.but one thing about the mines are their seekers mine from the wookie Once a target entered the radius of a seeker mine, the weapon would home in on the vehicle at a moderate speed and collide, causing an explosion. Though less powerful than a standard mine, seekers were very hard to detect. These mines were used to devastating effect against starfighters and capital ships alike.So the CIS wouldn't just see them it would have taken way to much time and the only reason they would even look for them is if they already know about them and how would that had been possible.

Also the scout wouldn't need to tell the fleet he had the signal with him to activate the mines that why we keep him out their so long. When he saw the CIS fleet he would have just activated them and then relayed the Fleet can you give me a reason why he wouldn't do that, That was his entire Job when the CIS arrive activate the mines then come back to the fleet.

Finally a few questions Why aren't any of the Black suns or CIS crippled or At least damaged?AM fine with losing some Crusaders I assumed I'll lose about 5 but 7 how their were kinda important they would have been protected.Also wouldn't the Drop pods be destroyed by the remaining crusaders just asking not sure?How many Cis and Blacks suns made it to the ground?

Every single one of this issues, I pointed out to you guys.

- I asked you guys to verify the mine types, but all I got was that they were deactivated until they were spotted

- Scout doesn't know where they jump into from, so likely had to scan multiple sectors of the system

- Poor scout had to sleep/eat/defecate in that thing if he stayed out since the last week! :(

- Plenty of the NPC fleets are crippled and damaged, but matters much less than when a player gets crippled/damned.

- About 20 black sun vessels made it to the ground.

- The majority of the Crusaders lost was due to having to divide on two fronts, as well as the prow cannons.

- Drop pods were dropped throughout the battle, when the Combined forces were pre-occupied. Cruasaders are great, but cant chase drop pods and fend off fighters at the same time.

The Cure heads towards Gall.

We will have to extend our conversation Jarons.

Basically, I offer you to let your damaged ships be repaired at Druckenwell and I offer all of yours and Star's troops medical treatment aboard the Cure, which will arrive shortly.

And I tell you I'm sorry I was too late.

OOC: too lazy to type a whole conversation again

OK

We will accept but we will need your ships to help blockade the planet plus those 30,000 troops more then every.Am not about star so your have to ask him but the medical treatment's we accept.

Your troops land on the ground and prepare to reinforce us on the CIS base and now against the Black suns.

Edited by Jarons

Every single one of this issues, I pointed out to you guys.

- I asked you guys to verify the mine types, but all I got was that they were deactivated until they were spotted

- Scout doesn't know where they jump into from, so likely had to scan multiple sectors of the system

- Poor scout had to sleep/eat/defecate in that thing if he stayed out since the last week! :(

- Plenty of the NPC fleets are crippled and damaged, but matters much less than when a player gets crippled/damned.

- About 20 black sun vessels made it to the ground.

- The majority of the Crusaders lost was due to having to divide on two fronts, as well as the prow cannons.

- Drop pods were dropped throughout the battle, when the Combined forces were pre-occupied. Cruasaders are great, but cant chase drop pods and fend off fighters at the same time.

-Check in the responds to that post from me yesterday I said they were seekers mines.

-Ok I can understand that.

-Well yea he volunteered for it he knew what he was in so far.

-I know that But I was wondering how many are left crippled in the system that we could take and repaired.

-Dam that's a lot but let me guess Lord Xist is on the ground now huh.

-Well I can understand that.

OK

We will accept but we will need your ships to help blockade the planet plus those 30,000 troops more then every.Am not about star so your have to ask him but the medical treatment's we accept.

The two IRA Acclamators break formation to return to Druckenwell.

8 hours later, they return with 30,000 clones on board and a IRA Lucrekulk Core Ship loaded with 900,000 B1, 10,000 B2, 5,000 Droideka, 200 MTT, 300 AAT, 250 PAC and another 60,000 Clones.

Edited by CheaterLL

The two IRA Acclamators break formation to return to Druckenwell.

8 hours later, they return with 30,000 clones on board and a IRA Lucrekulk Core Ship loaded with 900,000 B1, 10,000 B2, 5,000 Droideka, 200 MTT, 300 AAT, 250 PAC and another 60,000 Clones.

Adrian sends his ships to be repaired at Druckenwell and 3 Tra’kad to pick up his elite troops from radnor.

Following by giving orders to the newly arrived troops.

Side note:Sil did we find all of the Chameleon droids this week?

Edited by Jarons

Sil, I have a problem. Actually a few, with your version.

1) the Mando Werda would NEVER leave the minefield unattended if it hasn't yet been activated. Consider how dumb that sounds when you remember that they are planning for this enemy fleet to arrive.

2) I didn't see a single mention of my Skiprays ambushing anyone. They could have (at the very least) crippled the Munificents from behind... all sorts of things like that but there were there yet weren't used.

3) my Jehavey'irs missile bombardment from range was ignored...

4) I probably should have been specific but the Mando Werda is actively trying to not lose capital ships. So the X-83s would have been screening the Providences and Kandosii tearing through the slow and weak bombers of the Black Sun. Maybe some damage but no actual casualties. Not to mention you had them attack the two Capital ships that actually had point defence guns

Eh... I had to vent... I'll live

Edited by StarSquirrel

Ayan started to wonder whether the Reps had recieved his transmission.

OOC: sry for being so impatient, but my times is somewhat limited. Damn you timezones!

OOC: Understandable. Right after the update I had to leave essentially. Sundays, eh? :(

IC:

"Say again? Your message was garbled, but we got it now." *Republic*