Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

-Jetpack Missile? Unlikely against a man-sized target.

-Flamethrower? Unlikely, armor is durable

- Shot or knifed in the throat? Possible, even the likeliest of your suggestions.

I was just having a little fun. :p

But I think the flamethrower is viable. Mandalorian Armor does not completely cover the target, there are gaps. Especially the back of the legs and elbows. And the flamethrower would be a bit AOE in it's spread.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle of the Mandalore's Part 1

The two warriors stood thirty meters apart, with the grass swaying around them.

Fett: "Your move."

With that, the duel began with Dar'yaim drawing his blaster and opening fire on Fett. Despite this, Fett dodged the volley with use of his jetpack, strafing up and to the side. He returned fire, but due to the acceleration, his shots missed their mark as Dar'yaim dove to the side.

Dar'yaim: "Spry for an old man, Fett! Let us fix that!"

Dar'yaim used his own jetpack to evade the next burst of blaster fire, returning fire. However, his shots all flew wide of the mark. Before he could fire again however, Fett had jetted in rapidly, Beskad drawn. Lucky for Dar'yaim, he managed to raise his armored forearm to take the hit instead of the unprotected neck that Fett was aiming for. He tried to push Fett away, but Fett used a cable launched from his gauntlet to negate the movement. Admist their struggling, Dar'yaim's jetpack was damaged, and instead of risking disaster, he headed for the ground.

They faced each other now, Beskad and Lig sword drawn.

Fett: "You miscalculated."

Dar'yaim: "Enough! I am Mandalore the Unseen! You are a mere farmer who seeks to ruin our people!"

With that, Dar'yaim charged, blinded by his rage by this point and attempted to gut Fett. However, despite his age, Fett was able to deflect or redirect the blows, before forcing Dar'yaim to the ground with a well timed thrust with his shoulder.

Fett: "It is over."

Dar'yaim: "No! It can't end like this! I am destined to lead the Mandalorians into a new age! I CAN NOT LOSE!"

With that, he pressed a button on his gauntlet which signaled his fleet to engage.

Battle of the Mandalore's part 2

Overhead, Dar'yaim's fleet entered the system and began engaging the Mandalorian fleet. They did not seem to be surprised in the least however, and both sides waged ferocious naval combat.

MW Fleet

Kandosii-Type 7

Strike-class 6

Jehavey'ir-type 50

Action VI Transports 7

Skipray Blastboats 240

X-83's 5976

Providence-class 2

Crusader-class 46

Munificent-class 4

Stealth X-83's 22

Vulture droids 200

Bes'uliik 500 0 500

Kyramud-type 3

Ajuur-class 1

Troops

YVH droids 67,250

Mandalorian Soldiers 113,940

CK-6 Swoops 8,990

AT-MPs 973

J1 Proton Cannons 165

Canderous Assault Tanks 88

AT-AAs 49

Basilisk War Droids 59,950

Mandalroian Cabure 209,798

E-Web heavy Mandos 99,000

Rocket Launcher Mandos 8,000

Cabure Stealth 5000

Cabure Scouts 50

Cabure Marines 24,000

Cabure Special Forces 200

Mandalorian LIGF 20,000

Mando Scouts 75,000

vs

Mandalorian Fleet

10 Keldabe battleships

50 Dreadnought class heavy cruiser

100 Crusader corvettes

5,000 Bes'uliik

5,000 Tra'kad

Troops:

Each ship filled to the brim with Mandalorians with experience in anti-boarding action due to their fights with the Vong.

Debate

Edited by Silenceo

Problem here Sil... The fleets are at stand-off range. The MW officers aren't stupid and Dar'yaim is the crazy one.

Beside... there are other factors that come into play before it comes to an actual fight between these two... I don't think any debate made on this will matter at all so kinda pointless.

better to conduct part III and RP everything up to that point...

Oh, and you said the... other thing... would happen halfway through the duel

Edited by StarSquirrel

Problem here Sil... The fleets are at stand-off range. The MW officers aren't stupid and Dar'yaim is the crazy one.

Beside... there are other factors that come into play before it comes to an actual fight between these two... I don't think any debate made on this will matter at all so kinda pointless.

better to conduct part III and RP everything up to that point...

Oh, and you said the... other thing... would happen halfway through the duel

Yes, but wanted to set the stage before that other thing happens. It just so happens, the duel is at the halfway mark. :d_wink:

Part III is to come soon, but wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about Part II first.

Battle of the Mandalore's part 2

Overhead, Dar'yaim's fleet entered the system and began engaging the Mandalorian fleet. They did not seem to be surprised in the least however, and both sides waged ferocious naval combat.

MW Fleet

Kandosii-Type 7

Strike-class 6

Jehavey'ir-type 50

Action VI Transports 7

Skipray Blastboats 240

X-83's 5976

Providence-class 2

Crusader-class 46

Munificent-class 4

Stealth X-83's 22

Vulture droids 200

Bes'uliik 500 0 500

Kyramud-type 3

Ajuur-class 1

Troops

YVH droids 67,250

Mandalorian Soldiers 113,940

CK-6 Swoops 8,990

AT-MPs 973

J1 Proton Cannons 165

Canderous Assault Tanks 88

AT-AAs 49

Basilisk War Droids 59,950

Mandalroian Cabure 209,798

E-Web heavy Mandos 99,000

Rocket Launcher Mandos 8,000

Cabure Stealth 5000

Cabure Scouts 50

Cabure Marines 24,000

Cabure Special Forces 200

Mandalorian LIGF 20,000

Mando Scouts 75,000

vs

Mandalorian Fleet

10 Keldabe battleships

50 Dreadnought class heavy cruiser

100 Crusader corvettes

5,000 Bes'uliik

5,000 Tra'kad

Troops:

Each ship filled to the brim with Mandalorians with experience in anti-boarding action due to their fights with the Vong.

Debate

Umm this is intreasting I need to adjust my calculations now.

Battle of the Mandalore's part III

Fett looked to the sky, with the two fleets converging on one another, exchanging glancing blows but little else.

Fett: "You attack your own home to sate your insanity."

He went to strike, but by the time he did, Dar'yaim risked using his jetpack to get him out of there quickly, which sped him a good 20 yards back where he started to get up. His jetpack was now completely fried, and any further use would cause a detonation. To avoid catastrophe, he discarded the device.

Dar'yaim: "Only MY vision can save Mandalore! Only MY rule will lead us to victory!"

The duel resumed.

Overhead no casualties other than some shielding had been sustained by either side, neither were rushing into a civil war, which they likely didn't want in the first place.

As their lines continued to close however, a 3rd participant exited from hyperspace, flanking the both of them.

Yuuzhan Vong

10 Vong Destroyers

30 Vong Cruisers

30 Vong Carriers

15,000 Coralskippers

*Didn't take the time to look up exact names, but using analog terms*

Will the two Mandalorian fleets come together? Will the Vong prove victorious? Will Dar'yaim survive? Will these questions ever end? Discuss!

Edited by Silenceo

Fett looked to the sky, with the two fleets converging on one another, exchanging glancing blows but little else.

Fett: "You attack your own home to sate your sanity."

He went to strike, but by the time he did, Dar'yaim risked using his jetpack to get him out of there quickly, which sped him a good 20 yards back where he started to get up. His jetpack was now completely fried, and any further use would cause a detonation. To avoid catastrophe, he discarded the device.

Dar'yaim: "Only MY vision can save Mandalore! Only MY rule will lead us to victory!"

The duel resumed.

Overhead no casualties other than some shielding had been sustained by either side, neither were rushing into a civil war, which they likely didn't want in the first place.

As their lines continued to close however, a 3rd participant exited from hyperspace, flanking the both of them.

Yuuzhan Vong

10 Vong Destroyers

30 Vong Cruisers

30 Vong Carriers

15,000 Coralskippers

Will the two Mandalorian fleets come together? Will the Vong prove victorious? Will Dar'yaim survive? Will these questions ever end? Discuss!

Well this is intreasting with Ventis in charge of the Fleet I believe he will try to work with his fellow Mandalorians to protect his home from the Vong.Their outnumbered when it comes to fighters but the Crusaders more then make up for it.

Honestly I don't know alot about the Vong and their ships so I'll leave it to the rest of you to debate this battle.

Side note:Conversation the Coalition has had with Ventis he has shown mood swings and that could cost problems the Vong can exploit.

Fett: "You attack your own home to sate your insanity."

The duel resumed.

Yuuzhan Vong

10 Vong Destroyers

30 Vong Cruisers

30 Vong Carriers

15,000 Coralskippers

Considering that the Vong have a way of bringing people together...they'll stop their feud for now.

Vong victory...only if the two fleets have bloodied each other a bit. But massive fighter casualties on the Mandalorian side either way. Also important is the fact that they have fought them before.

Dar'yaim still RIP.

Note: Ventis and all the MW are motivated by a strong desire to protect Mandalore so they will stop their aggression to fight this common enemy.

I'll also note that since this is Mandalore, all the Mandalorians present will be fighting fiercer than any opponent in the galaxy could ever imagine. Remember what happened when Mandalore was assaulted by Vong in the NJO series...

"Bombard the planet." With that, all of the ships in the small navy began to fire down on the world, aiming for the cities and towns. However, the capital city is spared, though several furies land their troopers and massassi on it, Necemous at the helm. They storm into the government building. Necemous nods to one of his troopers, who begins recording the footage. Necemous activates his lightsaber, stabbing the governor in the chest. "All hail the Sith Empire." He says, then the trooper stops recording, and they go back into the Furies. The Fleet continues bombarding the planet, however, only hyperspacing towards Sith Space when the Mandalorians respond.

Operation: Sun Fall

Exile strike team, at staging point Aurek:

"Ma'am, the assault has begun."

And with those words, the formation of men clad in black armor reminiscent of the Republic's clone commandos snapped to attention. Beside the company there were also a few men who stood apart from the company. While otherwise indistinguishable, it was certainly a unique element. The woman to whom the ensign had been speaking strode before their line, she too dressed fully in armor. Through the comms in their helmets, they could hear her voice. It was subdued, almost quiet and very calm.

"Rally Master, are they prepared?"

"Yes."

And with that, each squad in the company boarded their transportation, and headed to the battle.

- - - - - - -

As they neared, the pilots took them as close to the entrance of the maze as they could while stealthed. They dropped their cargo, in one ship that included a pair of women clad in their own unique black armors, another woman in a dark grey version of the armor the troops wore, the commander, and a Barbel. The Barbel held back, and waited on site to direct the assault force that would come.

Without a word or command, the troops deployed and they secured the mouth of the maze. Some members of the group that had been standing apart held large packs with what could only be determined was electronic equipment. There was a delay, then when they motioned, the troops started to enter. Using the maps loaded into their HUD's they made their way to the first sentries.

As they arrived, they brought up more men from that group that had remained separate from the main company early on. The soldiers, with their stealth, approached the targets carefully as the men with packs began to deploy devices. When the jammers were in place, the retractable vibroblades in the shadow troop's forearms unsheathed and like wolves on the hunt, they fell upon their prey.

And as they arrived atop the prey, a snap-hiss and grinding of metal could be heard from behind the Black Sun members, and standing there in the path of retreat were the two women who'd been travelling with the commander.

Quietly, death had come for the Black Sun.

OOC: Note, Sil, Keira's Company has been together since she started her original mission back when I made her. I don't think I have a XP on them yet, but just remember how long they've been operating continually when you make the decision on their XP...

Edited by StarSquirrel

Gall: Maze Butchers

Exile strike team, at staging point Aurek:

"Ma'am, the assault has begun."

And with those words, the formation of men clad in black armor reminiscent of the Republic's clone commandos snapped to attention. Beside the company there were also a few men who stood apart from the company. While otherwise indistinguishable, it was certainly a unique element. The woman to whom the ensign had been speaking strode before their line, she too dressed fully in armor. Through the comms in their helmets, they could hear her voice. It was subdued, almost quiet and very calm.

"Rally Master, are they prepared?"

"Yes."

And with that, each squad in the company boarded their transportation, and headed to the battle.

- - - - - - -

As they neared, the pilots took them as close to the entrance of the maze as they could while stealthed. They dropped their cargo, in one ship that included a pair of women clad in their own unique black armors, another woman in a dark grey version of the armor the troops wore, the commander, and a Barbel. The Barbel held back, and waited on site to direct the assault force that would come.

Without a word or command, the troops deployed and they secured the mouth of the maze. Some members of the group that had been standing apart held large packs with what could only be determined was electronic equipment. There was a delay, then when they motioned, the troops started to enter. Using the maps loaded into their HUD's they made their way to the first sentries.

As they arrived, they brought up more men from that group that had remained separate from the main company early on. The soldiers, with their stealth, approached the targets carefully as the men with packs began to deploy devices. When the jammers were in place, the retractable vibroblades in the shadow troop's forearms unsheathed and like wolves on the hunt, they fell upon their prey.

And as they arrived atop the prey, a snap-hiss and grinding of metal could be heard from behind the Black Sun members, and standing there in the path of retreat were the two women who'd been travelling with the commander.

Quietly, death had come for the Black Sun.

OOC: Note, Sil, Keira's Company has been together since she started her original mission back when I made her. I don't think I have a XP on them yet, but just remember how long they've been operating continually when you make the decision on their XP...

IC:

And so they proceeded, but beyond the sentries the maps were far less... helpful... and large portions being unmapped all together. After the third sentry post and wandering through the passages, and perhaps a few wrong turns, they stopped to collect their thoughts and figure out a way to defeat this maze. If they took too long, the Black Sun may just realize something was up...

OOC: Star, can you put in bold in the center of your post, ' Operation: Sun Fall ' so I can link the beginning to the start of the thread for ease of access?

As the EV strike team advanced, the Coalition forces began their own entrance to the Maze following in the trail of bodies left by the EV lead. The Coalition's own stealth forces begin securing traps in the corridors not explored, to ensure the Black Sun don't send someone to check on the missing sentries or counter attack if they know the enemy is present.

Rally Master Sooba, using his extensive knowledge of terrain and asymmetrical warfare as well as his vast experience fighting in caves and canyons he directs the Coalition forces on how to best secure the tunnels they haven't yet scouted.

However, deeper in the Maze the Strike Team changes tact.

"Bring in the Aaray and Jante."

And with that, the strike team begins again. This time, when they encounter a sentry post the plan has changed.

The men with the bags deploy their jammers. But this time, the women in black appear first. As they materialize before the men's eyes the first two in the rear are beheaded. Not all were willing to stand, and as some ran the woman in grey stepped in their path. Without hesitation, she dropped them both. Yet how she did so was unseen, and it placed the two men in paralysis.

Finally though, came time for the droids. A pair of them, the commander from earlier had managed a running start as the grey suited woman took down her targets. And with a rapid series of solid blows to weak parts of the droid's frame using the hardened parts of her armor, the commander disabled both droids.

And with that, a few men who otherwise would pass completely for soldiers appeared with sharp instruments and powerful drugs. And with muffled screams, spasms, and hushed voices they worked to convince the Black Sun members to speak.

As they did, another set of men stepped past the commander and took possession of the droid's head. These men bore the equipment required to slice their databanks and download all maps and files without tripping security measures.

Once completed, they analyzed the data they'd acquired.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Other than their combat protocols, the Droids only have the location of their charging stations programmed into them. Likely a safety precaution.

The interrogated member however said something about each tunnel being marked, but due to his terror and pain, can't remember the specific markings meanings. He obviously didn't do well in torture resistance training...

Edited by Silenceo

Other than their combat protocols, the Droids only have the location of their charging stations programmed into them. Likely a safety precaution.

The interrogated member however said something about each tunnel being marked, but due to his terror and pain, can't remember the specific markings meanings. He obviously didn't do well in torture resistance training...

And with that, the company continued advancing. They chose to follow the direction towards the droid's charging port, but kept an eye out for symbols. When they encountered the first one, they waited and observed it.

OOC: If they encounter anyone, capturing the one who looks to be in charge is their next objective. I'd also like a description of said symbols at the very least.

Edited by StarSquirrel

And with that, the company continued advancing. They chose to follow the direction towards the droid's charging port, but kept an eye out for symbols. When they encountered the first one, they waited and observed it.

OOC: If they encounter anyone, capturing the one who looks to be in charge is their next objective. I'd also like a description of said symbols at the very least.

The first symbol they encountered was at a fork, and in the center between the two paths, was a simple etching of a Y with a small line going across the tail.

The first symbol they encountered was at a fork, and in the center between the two paths, was a simple etching of a Y with a small line going across the tail.

Not wanting to waste to much time or risk the Black Suns noticing them.A detachment of the Coalition stealth forces went left while the Voids went right.

The Coalition stealth forces made sure that they did not triggered any traps or alert any sentries. After a few clicks they came across a dead end with no where else to go they returned to the main forces hoping the EV had a better luck then them.

OOC:Star does action scence 1,000 times better then me so he can handle those.Also since his people find the charging station they can handle it.

Edited by Jarons

Not wanting to waste to much time or risk the Black Suns noticing them.A detachment of the Coalition stealth forces went left while the Voids went right.

The Coalition stealth forces made sure that they did not triggered any traps or alert any sentries. After a few clicks they came across a dead end with no where else to go they returned to the main forces hoping the EV had a better luck then them.

OOC:Star does action scence 1,000 times better then me so he can handle those.Also since his people find the charging station they can handle it.

OOC: One does not simply control the environment or dictate the terrain. :jawa_mad: I'll have you know that tunnel goes on for a good while! :rolleyes: *Loads up the labyrinth diagram* Yep, that one indeed goes on. :p Oh, and people can still add their thoughts on the whole Mandalore thing if they so wish.

Edited by Silenceo

OOC: One does not simply control the environment or dictate the terrain. :jawa_mad: I'll have you know that tunnel goes on for a good while! :rolleyes: *Loads up the labyrinth diagram* Yep, that one indeed goes on. :p Oh, and people can still add their thoughts on the whole Mandalore thing if they so wish.

Going by numbers and the fact that Mandos are b@, Id give the edge to the Mandos, but I know almost nothing about the Vong. Also arent the Vong vulnerable against superior numbers?

Going by numbers and the fact that Mandos are b@, Id give the edge to the Mandos, but I know almost nothing about the Vong. Also arent the Vong vulnerable against superior numbers?

If I remember right, the Vong actually were out numbered, despite the diminished Empire and small NR. That said... they still kicked their @. Though, the Imperial Remnant was able to hold the line quite well.

The Mandalorians actually 'worked' with the Vong for a short time. Then double crossed them, solo'd fleets, kicked them out of the Mandalore system, and all around handed them their crab behinds.:p

Its been a while, so I could of course be remembering incorrectly. :o