The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

have a way to earn coins in game

DrwHem

A lot of big F2P games have ways to earn in game store currency. Lord of the rings online actually give you their version of cartel coins in small amount for doing achievements. so it is in fact a game that you could unlock entirely for free. As SWTOR stands now its like free to demo and not free to play. i had to subscribe just to use the forums ffs.

There are a few ways in game to get coins but they are few and far between. You get 20 coins each time you finish a chapter on a character story line. You can also get 20 clins when defeating Revan for the first time. Are there other ways? Probably I just don't know what they are.

As a subscriber with a security key you can get 600-700 coins absolutely free every month.

Get 100 more for everybody that subscribes through your referral link (in addition to a 1-time bonus).

There's almost 3000 coins to be earned from completing all the class intro stories, as well as numerous achievements that grant a small amount.

you want something off the CM, pony up and buy the coins. Otherwise you can wait and buy off the GTN if you can afford it.

If you are a sub and don't want to pay extra, save and earn it.

Otherewise stop being a leach/moocher and feeling you should have everything. Here is a hint, equal opportunity is there, you have the same opportunity to purchase coins as the rest of us. if you choose not to, you don't get to have it just because someone else does.

you want something off the CM, pony up and buy the coins. Otherwise you can wait and buy off the GTN if you can afford it.

If you are a sub and don't want to pay extra, save and earn it.

Otherewise stop being a leach/moocher and feeling you should have everything. Here is a hint, equal opportunity is there, you have the same opportunity to purchase coins as the rest of us. if you choose not to, you don't get to have it just because someone else does.

ahh i love the friendly internet people. it was a suggestion, not a demand. i bought this game when it was released and F2P didnt exist. they got my $100.

ahh i love the friendly internet people. it was a suggestion, not a demand. i bought this game when it was released and F2P didnt exist. they got my $100.

You complained of not getting access to forums without being a subscriber. No pay no voice. Your $100 got you the game, exclusive access to items, and a 30 day subscription. Beyond that its is pay to access. AT which point they turned into a hybrid model where you can play for free (don't actually have to buy the game and don't have to pay for monthly access) but have limited access to things (no forums, credit limit etc). If you don't like the restrictions SUB, thatas why there ARE restrictions as incentives to sub.

you are basically saying please pay me so I can play your game for free and let others fund it with their subs and cartel purchases. I want full access but don't actually want to fund it because I like free stuff. IF you could give me free coins that would be even better.

If you want something, you either pay for it like the rest of us, or do without. Thats how the world works, welcome to reality.

Also, you don't NEED coins to be able to play. You can still buy the unlocks and gear from the GTN with credits. As with many other free to play games, the coins (or equivalent) simply speed up gameplay or add cosmetics (gear, mounts, etc). You can still play the entire game without making any real money purchases. You can even READ the forums, you just can't POST.

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of big F2P games have ways to earn in game store currency. Lord of the rings online actually give you their version of cartel coins in small amount for doing achievements. so it is in fact a game that you could unlock entirely for free. As SWTOR stands now its like free to demo and not free to play. i had to subscribe just to use the forums ffs.

what other games do or don't do should have no barring on this game.

However apart from the free cc mentioned in post 2 you can also add a security key even as a f2p. 100cc per month starting 1 month after it is attached to you account.

Which is probably one reason they don't give out large store cash awards for in-game play the way LotRO does. In LotRO, you can't buy game store stuff from the auction house, since it's bound (either to account or character). The only way is to use store cash.

You already get small amounts from some of the bigger achievements like you said, and you get 100 per month from the Security Key, which (As far as I know) you are still able to use after you loose your subscription. Then alongside a subscription, that's 600 free coins every month, with 20 more here and there.

I liked the DDO variant very much : You could get their equivalent to "Coins" by playing througfh adventures in the highest difficulty or so - it's long since I did it - and with these earned things you could buy another adventure to play through etc. ... At least that's how I have it in my memory.

I liked the DDO variant very much : You could get their equivalent to "Coins" by playing througfh adventures in the highest difficulty or so - it's long since I did it - and with these earned things you could buy another adventure to play through etc. ... At least that's how I have it in my memory.

Lord of the Rings Online by the same company (Turbine) gives out their currency for completing deeds (The local equivalent of achievements), though it is far too generous if you have a lot of alts (like me).