curtain has fallen for 3.1.2

MusicRider

Please, I make top dmg in Regs with Madness and insane heals with alacrity. Madness is buffed further with +15% dmg on stacks.

Are we really having this discussion ? We are talking here about more than random regs , we are talking about ranked viability and 1vX scenarios and alot more. Every class needs to be viable for ranked not just cannon fodder for the other team.

Spreading dots in Regs for 15 mins to top the scoreboard means nothing when you can't freecast 2 secs in a 4v4 scenario. The whole meta needs to be changed and sorc/sages still need alot of help in any ranked situation thus making them not viable for high ranked MMR. ( not talking about team ranked ) SOLO - QUE since it's the most active.

Edited by offence

Are we really having this discussion ? We are talking here about more than random regs , we are talking about ranked viability and 1vX scenarios and alot more. Every class needs to be viable for ranked not just cannon fodder for the other team.

Spreading dots in Regs for 15 mins to top the scoreboard means nothing when you can't freecast 2 secs in a 4v4 scenario. The whole meta needs to be changed and sorc/sages still need alot of help in any ranked situation thus making them not viable for high ranked MMR. ( not talking about team ranked ) SOLO - QUE since it's the most active.

You don't need to freecast as Madness. Creeping Terror, Affliction, Death Field, Shock Static Barrier, Resurgence are instants and Demolish becomes an instant if you can get off 4 ticks of FL, even if you don't get off a full chanel. Unnatural Preservation is instant and off the GCD. Your only hard cast ever should be Force Leech, and you can at least cast it on the move if you spec for it, and use Polarity Shift for interrupt protection when you're under pressure.

Madness does amazing damage and healing. Its only weakness is lack of on-demand burst. For solo queue it's really good, better than Lightning IMO—in solo queue you're not guaranteed a healer, and without a healer it is much better to be Madness. For team it depends on comp and strategy, Lightning obviously to partner with a burst DPS and Madness to partner with Hatred. How people can underestimate how strong this spec is boggles the mind. Stop paying attention to dummy parses.

Edited by MiaowZedong

I still hope the next patchnotes will just not include the single target nerfs.

I understand that they want burst specs to be the lowest dps compared to dot specs. But the buff to balance/madness was a joke, it is still lower then even the nerfed TK/FL and way out of what is needed for HM progression.

They may have plans to make it viable again, but in between we get forced to either go Aim or ranged Cunning. This is a terrible way of fixing things.

I'm not the best player in progression but i put a lot of effort into my sage to be good for the team. With real life, i don't have the time to constantly learn new classes. I allready had to do it once after 3.0. This will really take the fun from me.

don't be so hard on yourself Ika, you rock.

Hold on, nerf?

I got back to the game a couple of days ago, I obviously hate this discipline ****, as should be, and using madness feels like hitting the mobs with a wet noodle. I dont know what the hell they did - on behalf of not having read the patch notes since 2.9 - but something feels off. And you are saying that there will ne nerfs? It already feels like my FiB only hits for half of what it used to and I'm not exactly loving the new abilties, especially the one I have to channel on what's supposed to be a mobile spec. And the force management on balance? I can't notice any changes, it's just as horrible for PvP and solo PvE as it has always been. I would pay money to get the trees and my old effusion spec back because this is not fun to play and I don't see myself extending the sub.

Oh and one more thing, even with the 56 ability for quicker telethrow ticks it feels like it takes longer than it used to to build up procs. That might just be in my head though. Either way, the only good version of sage that i can recall was the 1.1 version. Hell, everything felt better before they started screwing with things - which is also the reason I left in the first place. Ironically enough I decided to come back because that other game I was playing pulled the same ****; changing established core mechanics. I *********** hate it.

Edited by MidichIorian

Hold on, nerf?

I got back to the game a couple of days ago, I obviously hate this discipline ****, as should be, and using madness feels like hitting the mobs with a wet noodle. I dont know what the hell they did - on behalf of not having read the patch notes since 2.9 - but something feels off. And you are saying that there will ne nerfs? It already feels like my FiB only hits for half of what it used to and I'm not exactly loving the new abilties, especially the one I have to channel on what's supposed to be a mobile spec. And the force management on balance? I can't notice any changes, it's just as horrible for PvP and solo PvE as it has always been. I would pay money to get the trees and my old effusion spec back because this is not fun to play and I don't see myself extending the sub.

Oh and one more thing, even with the 56 ability for quicker telethrow ticks it feels like it takes longer than it used to to build up procs. That might just be in my head though. Either way, the only good version of sage that i can recall was the 1.1 version. Hell, everything felt better before they started screwing with things - which is also the reason I left in the first place. Ironically enough I decided to come back because that other game I was playing pulled the same ****; changing established core mechanics. I *********** hate it.

Balance just flat out doesn't work at the moment. The damage is low, the rotation doesn't work (seriously, who thought of making a core ability have a 2s cast time in a game built around 1.5s cooldowns?), the force management is dire and the self heals are pointless (in PvE). Basically a lot of the sage and sorc frustrations right now are due to this. The good news, it's getting a (tiny) buff in 3.1.2.

In terms of nerf, it's TK spec.

Balance just flat out doesn't work at the moment. The damage is low, the rotation doesn't work (seriously, who thought of making a core ability have a 2s cast time in a game built around 1.5s cooldowns?), the force management is dire and the self heals are pointless (in PvE). Basically a lot of the sage and sorc frustrations right now are due to this. The good news, it's getting a (tiny) buff in 3.1.2.

In terms of nerf, it's TK spec.

Ah ok, it's not just me then? I was willing to put up a ton of disclaimers on my view because I might have had my rose tinted glasses on. I just remembered things to feel way smoother. They were obviously not perfect in comparison to some of the other specs/classes out there but the class in itself felt fun to play. Now, not so much.

But then, at the same time, I see people, in this thread even, argue that everything is fine. Yeah sure, I'll probably top the vast majority of reg warzones on sage/sorc too but that's more a reflection of the current population being absolutely useless or maybe madness/balance is good on static ops bosses but I havent had a chance to try that yet (from what I've read this doesnt seem to be the case though).

I will say one thing, I quickly re-specced to heals when i noticed how wonky balance played and the heal spec seems to have recieved one hell of a buff. Maybe not in output (it's hard to tell in warzones, due to how they're never the same) but survivability feels better than ever. I've been tanking pretty hard. Then again, I'm still leveling to 60 and it would be more fun to level as dps....it's just so damn boring when things feel off.

Edited by MidichIorian

Madness/Balance is very sub-par for single-target dps. However, it does very well were you can spread your DOTs (which also results in very good self-healing). It is very bad for PvE, but doing pretty well in PvP (though I haven't done any ranked).

R.I.P. DPS Sorc/Sage... It was fun while it lasted... Guess if I want to keep maining this toon I'll have to switch back to healing for the 3rd time since launch... I much prefer to DPS... But it seems Bio only want us to heal... Wish they would just make up their mind because I just finished gearing with Dark Reaver ranked gear... Now I'll need to grind out another set to get the gear bonus for healing :mad:

Hopefully people start to learn proper rotations. Seeing the best rotation ever (Force Storm -> Force Storm -> Force Storm...) everywhere almost forces me to quit.

bads will be bads. Give a class an "I win" button and it will get abused, take it away they become like children losing their dummy.

The only thing that can really be said is bioware has messed with sage dps more than any other class in this game.

They finally figured it out and made balance a viable raid dps as well as tk. 3.0 comes out and balance is a worthless pve spec. NOT 1 balance sage will be in a hm progression grp that actually wants to clear bosses.

Tk was very viable and even tho I didnt want to do tk I didnt have a choice.

Now they are nerfing the only dps spec for sages and make the class as a whole with ONE useful spec. Healer.

If bioware wants to keep losing subscribers(who happen to be the people who spend the most on cartel market.) and cause its early end. Then they are doing a good job.

I have been a dps sage since this game came out. I stuck with it in the hopes it would be corrected. When finally was fixed it didnt take bioware to listen to PVPers and ruin a class. I play on a damn PVE server. Dont ruin this game over something I dont do.

To the devs fix the sage/sorc or your gonna end up with a lot of people leaving this game. Sadly I would be one of them since im sick of being forced to play classes I dont want to and specs I dont want to. I am not alone here.

According to the Dev's "Rotational Design Philosophy", AND the pre - 3.0 twitch class streams of Burst damage vs. sustained. Sage/Sorc dps should look a little like this...

Lighting/Telekinetics: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Moderate/high Burst and Low Sustained Damage

Madness/Balance: High Rotation Difficulty, High Sustained and Low Burst Damage

Here is what we currently have..

Lighting/Telekinetics: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Moderate/high Burst and High Sustained Damage

Madness/Balance: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Low Burst and Low Sustained Damage

Here is what we're getting in 3.1.2..

Lightining/Telekinetics: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Moderate/High Burst and Low Sustained Damage

Madness/Balance: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Low Burst and Low Sustained Damage

What's wrong with this picture?

Here is what we're getting in 3.1.2..

Lightining/Telekinetics: Moderate Rotation Difficulty, Moderate/High Burst and Moderate/High Sustained Damage

modified

jeez what a mess

for me personally, like others in this thread I played madness since launch through thick and thin, but its never been thinner than this

like others in this thread i recently learned lightning because I wanted to keep raiding and now that's been jeapardised too

why aren't there checks and balances in place to prevent these kind of haphazard, damaging changes?

really, what the hell is going on with the devs?

I've been playing GW2 a lot more recently.

nuff said I guess