The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

question regarding housing

yancar

Hello,

I am rather new to the game but I have played many MMOs, one thing I am really excited for in this game is housing. I was curious how the housing system works? Like is it in a phased area? Can people attack it? Can anything be looted? Is there lots of content for housing such as decorations, chests, etc. If so do you loot it or buy it? So many questions off the top of my head. Thanks in advance for replies.

Once You unlock You get the option if choosing house location. It's phased but You can invite friends there. There is a ton of decorstion You can unlock by doing fps/ops etc. You cant attack another's house, there is small node You csn loot for low level crafting mats. Edited by Merlinmagus

Greetings:

Like is it in a phased area?

YES.

Can people attack it?

NO.

Can anything be looted?

NO.

Is there lots of content for housing such as decorations, chests, etc.

YES.

If so do you loot it or buy it?

You can attain decorations from :

* buying them on the GTN, or cartel market.

* crafting (which requires a the crafted item to be given to a crafting droid for a specific decoration).

* looting them from open world drops.

* looting them from boss drops in flashpoints and operations.

* bought at reputation vendors, provided you have the reputation.

For more information, you can start here @ http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/swtor-galactic-strongholds-tours-and-unlock-pricings/

Hope this helps you on your way. May the force be with you.

Edited by JediCounsular

Just to chime in... the housing is LEGACY-wide, so you only really have to buy, say, a Coruscant apartment ONCE. Your imperial characters can visit it, but will have to pay a credit fee to be 'smuggled' into Coruscant. Vice-versa for a Dromund Kaas apartment. For this reason (among others), I recommend a Nar Shaddaa home ---- characters from both factions can go there with no cost.

Aside from pure decorations (which have to be placed in certain fixed 'hooks' which kind of limits how, and how many items you can place in the house), there are also USEFUL items you can place in the house.

My Nar Shaddaa Stronghold, for example, has a mailbox, a Cargo Bay access terminal (individual to each character that opens it) and a Legacy Storage Bay where I can easily move items from one character to another and from which shared vault ALL characters can draw crafting materials. There are also at least four different vendors you can place in your Stronghold to whom you can sell loot. EDIT: I forgot to mention, I also have a Galactic Trade Network terminal in my Stronghold... and you CAN place an Image Editor terminal, although I can't imagine why, when it costs cartel coins to change your look ---- I can manage a trip to the Fleet as often as I plan to change my look for real cash!

Since you can teleport TO your stronghold from anywhere (at least as a Subscriber), it's a handy way to sell off junk or store more valuable stuff in your vault(s).

The Strongholds CAN be rather pricey, in terms of credits or Cartel Coins (bought with real cash on the website). As I recall, I paid 500 Cartel Coins for the Nar Shaddaa stronghold and to unlock one currently-locked room costs like 300,000 credits or something.

At the terminals where you can buy your stronghold, you can also VISIT other people's strongholds (if they allow it, I believe)... and you can see how other people have decorated.

Edited by Sorpaijen