The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT/VG PvP Tank Gearing Beyond Dark Reaver

RattyRattail

What are you guys stacking? I'm leaning towards going all shield/absorption mods/enhancements with high endurance variants. Anyone else doing anything different?

Also, how are you finding your survivability? Seems at times when the team has a lot of good sorcs/sins I drop very quickly.

What are you guys stacking? I'm leaning towards going all shield/absorption mods/enhancements with high endurance variants. Anyone else doing anything different?

Also, how are you finding your survivability? Seems at times when the team has a lot of good sorcs/sins I drop very quickly.

On my VG tank the only DPS gear I have are the two relics, and mods/enhancements on only two of my armor pieces (still working on getting DPS mods for the rest to try out). To be honest, I'm more than happy with the broken DPS even in full tank gear, and since I feel that VGs have the least number of survivability tricks out of all tanks, I would choose to maximize my tankiness using the mods you stated to help plug up that vulnerability.

As for fighting sins/sorcs, yeah VG tanks suffer against them since a significant chunk of their damage is unshieldable (dots, death field, force leech, thundering blast, etc.). I'd still keep the tank mods since all of their filler attacks (lightning, double strike, serenity strike, etc.) are shieldable.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first tank, and I'm in love with it. It's a shame there isn't more information on a pvp tank build though. I usually wait till endgame to start pvping, and my aug'd 186's were amazing, oddly. now that i have all of my unranked pieces, I'm having issues finding information on soft caps and what have you. Would definitely appreciate some input from one brave/rich soul who is willing to experiment, or has.

Also going full shield absrb