Watchman parsing over 5k?

llayles

http://parsely.io/parser/view/8129/0

Am I missing something here? Is he doing something that apparently the rest of the community isn't?

Well its Puppet DMG, nobody cares about Puppet DPS. Btw. only 3 Mara/Sents on the First page. Plus I would say that is someone with a lot of gear. I might add that Parsec and Starparse give different numbers for the same log. Still looking at Raidparses Mara/Sents are the class you will only take if there is no other DPS around.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/8129/0

Am I missing something here? Is he doing something that apparently the rest of the community isn't?

Take a look at the operations bosses leaderboards on parsley and note the lack of Marauder/Sentinel parses for all the bosses in HM. There are some very good Mara/Sents there doing some very good numbers but none at the top for any boss. Also, have a look at the Ranked PvP leaderboards and compare Mara/Sent ratings with all the other classes. The results should illustrate a pretty clear picture for you.

Annihilation/Watchman can do very high numbers on a dummy parse and on certain boss fights if their group allocates them to only tunnel the boss and occasionally spread dots to some adds. The thing I personally don't like about Annihilation is 24GCDs being the default rotation to max dps and maintain maximum Dot uptime whilst dealing with Mdps raid mechanics and movement requirements. That feels like something more appropriate for a sniper rotation from max range.

Annihilation/Watchman can do very high numbers on a dummy parse and on certain boss fights if their group allocates them to only tunnel the boss and occasionally spread dots to some adds. The thing I personally don't like about Annihilation is 24GCDs being the default rotation to max dps and maintain maximum Dot uptime whilst dealing with Mdps raid mechanics and movement requirements. That feels like something more appropriate for a sniper rotation from max range.

This exactly!

Doing 5070 on the Dummy myself, but, yeah, raiding is something else entirely. Problem is my progression group becomes less adaptive as far as tactics are concerned for the reasons you described. If you can't tunnel the boss you pretty much suck as DPS.

This is not even so much about having been turned into a pure dot class, but much more about the dots being desynchronized. If I have to do target switching on, say, a Balance Sage or a Sabotage Slinger, my two dots have the same duration. So I just keep them together in my rotation, learn the mechanics of the fight and know, when to reapply them or when not to anymore. That's entirely impossible on Watchman, since you will always waste parts of one dot and/or miss ticks of the other one with that stupid 18s:12s ratio.

Of course Watchman was never very good at target switching and you always used him best letting him tunnel one target. But you still were a viable part of a raiding group if you had to do target switching. E.g. we managed to down Bestia NiM with me in Watchman - without me being allowed to just tunnel the boss, I switched on monsters and tentacles. I just learned, when to stop Cauterizing - and even if I did it wrong, it wasn't so much harm done with the short 6s duration.

Bestia Nim would not be possible anymore with current Watchman, assuming the tier of gear it was meant to be done in...

Edited by Ardarell_Solo