How do I continue Shadow of Revan storyline without queuing for flashpoints?

Amantino

Hello.

I recently bought the expansion and wanted to level through to see the new stuff etc. Picked up the quest, it wanted me to do Forged Alliances: Part 1. I went and did Assault on Tython solo version, and now it wants me to do the exact same flashpoint again, but the 4man version. How do I skip this and just go level on my own? I don't want to start playing with others in order to continue in the storyline, I just want to level on my own like the previous expansions. And wheres the setting to change between solo flashpoint and 4man flashpoint?

Ty

Just do the solo version of each flashpoint (Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime) in the order you get them and you should be fine.
Where can I chose solo mode instead of 4man?

From most recent patchnotes:

"The Missions “Forged Alliances: Part I” and “Forged Alliances: Part II” are now available at the same level as “[Prelude] Shadow of Revan.” The progress on these missions has been reset."

Maybe this is just some bug that got introduced with the newest patch when my progress got reset.

Maybe this is just some bug that got introduced with the newest patch when my progress got reset.

Yes, it is a bug. See this thread for additional information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=801525

You could try to put in an in-game ticket (category Character / Companion) and have Customer Service fix the quest progress for you, but I'm not sure if they will fix this since they only fix class quests.

Tried resetting phase, picking up quest again, etc. Made a ticket and CS told me to go pug the group with others, which disappoints me a bit. I just want to level through the storyline alone, I don't want to play with others.

I have the exact same problem at the moment, and Bioware have not so far taken up their responsibility to fix the problem. I wouldnt mind if this wasnt a particularly critical game progression point, but if you cant get these quests done you cant progress the storyline through Rishi to Yavin and the conclusion of the Revan story. The only suggestion Ive had from Bioware is to queue up to do multiple player versions of these instances but as the number of people interested in running these level 55 instances in tactical mode is now vanishingly small they may as well tell me to go cry in a corner.

My assessment is that when Bioware reset all player progress on Forged Alliances Part 1, they simply forgot to reset the 'flags' used to prevent players running this content multiple times in [sOLO] mode. So no matter how many times you try and reset the quest line or abandon it, you wont ever get another go in solo mode, even though Bioware are forcing you do this stuff again!

Players who are affected by this problem is likely to be fairly small, so I dont expect Bioware will actually do anything about the problem. Frankly, I dont think this is right .

as far as I know, if you had actualy done forged alliances before in any mode, you cannot replay through the story again. aka - they didn't reset the progress, its still recorded. instead when you click on the terminal on your ship - cut scene starts and you are taken directly to Rishi (it did for the one character i finished the storyline on before they were made available in solo mode). the only way to get forged alliances solo is to start it from your ship. there is no solo option on fleet. even if you made partial progress, you can abandon it, start it from your ship and it should work, starting with whatever flashpoint you were on (on another character I was half way through and it just updated to sending me to Manaan).

if none of that works and you are still having problems and bioware refuses to fix it... I'm very very sorry :( but that seems like their modus operandi nowadays. if its not a 100% gamebreaking bug for every player, lets just ignore complaints and requests, and hope the few affected will just give up asking and go away or something.

Edited by Jeweledleah