Problem with Group Finder Daily reward

BallisticKaine

So did group finder twice today after update and did not receive the daily 30 comms for completing the flashpoints. I decided to look at my tactical flashpoint options and noticed that Legacy of the Rakata is not highlighted. Now I can't select it so I thought go to the area were that one starts. The droid then has no marker above it and you can't talk with him. Due to this the daily reward doesn't get rewarded along with conquest points

I've seen players in fleet chat talk about it, so yes, it may have gotten broken with today's patch.

I did run a Tactial Flashpoint earlier via group finder (and yes, I made sure that ALL flashpoints were checked) and when I open group finder now, it still shows "Daily Reward available" even though I should be locked out of the reward until tomorrow. I didn't really pay attention whether or not I got the 30 Basic Comms (I'm over the limit anyway) but I may not have gotten them either.

Can confirm that the Legacy of the Rakata tactical flashpoint is greyed out in the Group Finder but will need to do some more testing.

Edited by Jerba

Alright, I can confirm that the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint is completely bugged at the moment and would like to request that this bug report gets immediately escalated to QA.

BUG REPORT

As of patch 3.1.1, it is no longer possible for Republic level 60 players to enter the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint manually on any mode (tactical or HM). In addition, it is no longer possible for them to run the tactical version of Legacy of the Rakata via Group Finder (they can still queue for the hard version). It also is not possible for them to receive the daily reward for running tactical FPs via Group Finder (30 Basic Comms)

FULL DETAILS

At level 60, the Republic questgiver droid RO-P6 will no longer start a cutscene to grant you the flashpoint quest. When you talk to him, he says "Shuttle = ready // You + Theron Shan meet on Rakata Prime", even though I have no quest for this flashpoint in my quest log. In addition, he does not have a quest symbol above his head. Therefore, it is no longer possible to start the tactical and HM flashpoint by talking to the droid.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/yYg9XfF.jpg

Note how I cannot talk to RO-P6 and the phase door is orange, indicating I cannot enter the flashpoint. My guess is that the conversation with RO-P6 got messed up or one of the phase quests got bugged.

In addition, the option to queue for the tactical version of Legacy of the Rakata via Group Finder is greyed out.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7MekFJm.jpg

Even though the UI indicates you are eligible for the daily reward, this appears to be a display bug. The server appears to think that the Rakata flashpoint is a valid option and since you did not queue for it, you won't receive the 30 Basic Comm rewards.

SEVERITY

Of all the bugs introduced with today's patch, this seems to be the most severe one and I hope it will be fixed soon. I guess a fix can wait for a few weeks since a workaround exists for this bug (see below) and it only affects Republic players at level 60. Players who are doing the Forged Alliances / SoR introduction story are often not yet level 60 and will still be able to finish the FA quest and continue onward with the Rishi storyline.

Edited by Jerba

To clarify, this bug appears to only affect Republic characters at level 60, i.e. players who can accept both the Tactical and the HM version from the droid.

Imperial characters are not affected, Republic characters below level 60 are not affected either.

Edited by Jerba

I discovered a workaround so that level 60 Republic players can still run the tactical version of Legacy of the Rakata via Group Finder. Since players below level 60 can queue for it, you just need to get in group with a player between levels 55 and 59. That players needs to have lead and queue you for group finder.

However, it only makes sense if you do this as a premade group since there won't be too many people queueing for Rakata while this bug exists.

In any case, at least with this workaround level 60 players can continue running the tactical version until this bug gets fixed.

Edited by Jerba

Since I had the same problem with a republic character, I am confirming that this submit bug report is very accurate and the behavior is also well described. Same result as submitter, i.e,, no daily bonus comms and no conquests points awarded.

Well, unfortunately the forums were down for a few hours and the community team is probably finished for the day now, so I am going to PM Tait about this to make sure this gets noticed soon. :)

Also, I sent this in as an in-game bug report but by the time it gets looked at, QA probably already knows about it.

Edited by Jerba

Blimey - pleased I completed my weekly on Tuesday (always get the tactical one out of the way as quick as possible, what with needing to run 3 and there only being 2 FP's that actually count).

But a bug.....after a patch? Get outta town!

A bug - only on the republic side? Get outta the country as well!

I am running the random tacticals in group finder on my level 60 Jedi knight with all selections toggled and am not getting any credit for running the random daily or random weekly group finder. I noticed that Legacy of the Rakata is greyed out and cannot be selected so don't know if there's some bug related to that. Here is a link to a thread in the CS forum where people have been reporting this problem for the last 5 days: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8088369#post8088369

Please let us know if you guys are working on this and please get this fixed. Thanks.

I looked into this further and "Legacy of the Rakata" is greyed out and unselectable for tactical flashpoints in the group finder for my level 60 Jedi Knight but not for my level 60 Sith Warrior or Jedi Consular. Someone else mentioned having problems with a Trooper. So it seems to be only affecting certain classes. It appears that the problem is that those particular level 60 classes cannot select "Legacy of the Rakata" in the tactical flashpoints in the group finder and so that prevents them from being able to complete the daily/weekly random group finder missions. Edited by JimG

I So it seems to be only affecting certain classes.

that's not my case, for me is a faction thing:

can't select legacy of the rakata:

lvl 60 Jedi Sentinel

lvl 60 Jedi Guardian

lvl 60 Jedi Sage

lvl 60 Commando

lvl 60 Gunslinger

the ones that can select it :

lvl 60 Sith Juggernaut DS

lvl 60 Sith Juggernaut LS

lvl 60 Sith Assassin

lvl 60 Powertech

lvl 58 Sniper

TL;DR : groupfinder screen is different in republic side, legacy of the rakata does not appears in the main screen and it appears grayed on select screen

Ticket:16323483

Date: 03/14/2015

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
added bug report ticket number

dont know if someone already said, theres a workaround to avoid the bug. if the leader of party is not affected with bug (afaik only vanguards/scoundrels for rep side) he can queue and you will get the daily reward even if you dont see rakata in personal fp list. Edited by Nightstride

It is a faction thing. The devs broke it for Pub, because they break everything for Pub.

HM Korriban Pub bonus boss has more HP than Imp. Manaan vendor was originally not on Pub side, they only added it after people complained. The Sage set bonus only worked for Imps, they fixed for Pubs after people complained. Sorcerers were immune to interrupts when Sages weren't.

that's not my case, for me is a faction thing:

can't select legacy of the rakata:

lvl 60 Jedi Sage

TL;DR : groupfinder screen is different in republic side, legacy of the rakata does not appears in the main screen and it appears grayed on select screen

It is a faction thing. The devs broke it for Pub, because they break everything for Pub.

Nope, I am able to select "Legacy of the Rakata" on my level 60 Jedi Sage so it's not a situation where the thing is broken by faction across the board.