Shadow Infil spec advice?

APPRENTICExxx

I am an infiltration Shadow...

Im getting mixed reviews and Im becoming overwhelmingly stressed. Players are telling me to only stack Power and Surge Enhancements, and mods. Stack Power AUGS only.

Then other players are telling me to use accuracy enhancements until my accuracy is at 105%. Then stack Crit AUGS, instead of Power Augs. And to lower my surge (critical multiplier) to 70%....

So.... Do i just run Power augs, instead of Crit augs, and have accuracy enhancements and CRIT mods? Or *** am I doing?

I have full augmented gear, and all my enhancements and mods are min maxed to POWER/SURGE....

Please help me.

I am an infiltration Shadow...

Im getting mixed reviews and Im becoming overwhelmingly stressed. Players are telling me to only stack Power and Surge Enhancements, and mods. Stack Power AUGS only.

Then other players are telling me to use accuracy enhancements until my accuracy is at 105%. Then stack Crit AUGS, instead of Power Augs. And to lower my surge (critical multiplier) to 70%....

So.... Do i just run Power augs, instead of Crit augs, and have accuracy enhancements and CRIT mods? Or *** am I doing?

I have full augmented gear, and all my enhancements and mods are min maxed to POWER/SURGE....

Please help me.

You can stack accuracy for Infil Shadow and MM Sniper to 95%.

All other classes require zero accuracy in PvP.

Edited by Missandei

Thats low slash you should worry about. not damage

As agonizingly frustrating as missing a low slash is, even with base accuracy the only times you're going to really notice a big difference between 90 and 95% accuracy is against sorcs and other sins. It's just so situational that it's not wholly worth giving up some surge for accuracy.

OP, there's three "proper" ways to gear, any of the three work just fine and are all based upon your personal preference.

Full power/surge - Slot every single piece of gear with power/surge and power augments. Fully buffed and geared your crit chance will be between 18-19% (depending on companion affections) with extremely high bonus damage.

Slight crit, high power - Similar to the previous build, just with an added 1 or 2 crit mod/enhancements to reach 20% crit chance. Still uses power augments and has high bonus damage.

High crit/surge - Stacks enough crit chance to reach 25%, then puts the rest of stats into power/surge. Uses willpower augments for the "free" ~1.5% crit chance that doing so will give, has moderately high bonus damage.

Basically the difference between the three is this;

With full power/surge you're going to be critting the least of the three builds, but you're going to be hitting hardest on all of your attacks. The lack of crits makes the extra damage on non-crits make up for the overall damage. Most people prefer this build if they plan on doing mostly short encouters (i.e. node stealing, ganking).

25% crit is going to hit slightly less, but crit more often to make up for it. This is the build that I prefer to run as I feel it's more flexible; you're going to hit slightly weaker in your opener (not by as much as you would think though) but your on demand ability to pressure someone for a kill is higher.

20% crit is basically a middle ground between the other two. It offers a little of what both builds do, whilst excelling at neither. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, it does. I just feel that this particular build is slightly inferior to the other two.

Hope that helps.

You can stack accuracy for Infil Shadow and MM Sniper to 95%.

All other classes require zero accuracy in PvP.

Am i missing something here? Every classes have 5% base defense (10% for sorcs/sins).

So to hit 100% with your special attacks, you'd need +5% accuracy bonus (+4 from gear, +1 from pets) on the average guy, and +10% acc bonus against sorcs/sins.

Not that you should put accuracy on your gear at the expense of surge, but i'd say that accuracy is always required in pvp if you want your special attacks to always hit.

As agonizingly frustrating as missing a low slash is, even with base accuracy the only times you're going to really notice a big difference between 90 and 95% accuracy is against sorcs and other sins. It's just so situational that it's not wholly worth giving up some surge for accuracy.

OP, there's three "proper" ways to gear, any of the three work just fine and are all based upon your personal preference.

Full power/surge - Slot every single piece of gear with power/surge and power augments. Fully buffed and geared your crit chance will be between 18-19% (depending on companion affections) with extremely high bonus damage.

Slight crit, high power - Similar to the previous build, just with an added 1 or 2 crit mod/enhancements to reach 20% crit chance. Still uses power augments and has high bonus damage.

High crit/surge - Stacks enough crit chance to reach 25%, then puts the rest of stats into power/surge. Uses willpower augments for the "free" ~1.5% crit chance that doing so will give, has moderately high bonus damage.

Basically the difference between the three is this;

With full power/surge you're going to be critting the least of the three builds, but you're going to be hitting hardest on all of your attacks. The lack of crits makes the extra damage on non-crits make up for the overall damage. Most people prefer this build if they plan on doing mostly short encouters (i.e. node stealing, ganking).

25% crit is going to hit slightly less, but crit more often to make up for it. This is the build that I prefer to run as I feel it's more flexible; you're going to hit slightly weaker in your opener (not by as much as you would think though) but your on demand ability to pressure someone for a kill is higher.

20% crit is basically a middle ground between the other two. It offers a little of what both builds do, whilst excelling at neither. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, it does. I just feel that this particular build is slightly inferior to the other two.

Hope that helps.

You are awesome. It helped a lot. Im going to try the 25% crit.