New Classes along with Voss as playable race

Elofyn

Here's a little suggestion I'd like to see happen. This is not intended as a big expansion but just something I've been idly pondering. Right now I believe that Bioware does not have resources nor interest to actually make this happens but I'll post it anyway.

New playable race: Voss. New advanced classes: Voss Mystic and Voss Scout (name needs some thought).

Not just a new race to play with but two new classes as well. It is not likely that any Voss would just end up in Hutta as a Bounty hunter – after all they have an inward society. This could, however, be used to create something new entirely.

As we know, the Republic and the Empire have started meddling on Voss on Chapter 3. As a result the Three have decreed that it is time for the Voss to take a larger role in the galaxy. Practically this would mean something like this:

The character [voss emissary/observer/investigator] would be created at level 40. The "prelude" of the class would be intended as to be as long as 5 levels and take place in new starting area on Voss and its other areas already familiar for the players. At level 45 (or at the end of the "prelude") the player would need to pick up an advanced class: Voss Mystic or Voss Scout (more about these later). The player would also need to side with either the Republic or the Empire – to create the need for the character to go to Corellia to fight alongside either faction.

On Corellia there would be a brand new class story missions along with regular Corellia missions. I personally would enjoy doing Corellia with a new story mission series because I enjoy the detailed world and its shame its so deserted nowadays. Anyhow, after Corellia the Character would be free to continue normally to Ilum, Makeb or other level 50+ areas with already existing story missions, respectively.

Completing Voss emissary/observer/investigator class story would unlock a legacy buff that gives 1-5 % more surge or 1-5 % more alacrity (or 1-5 % more force/tech power?)

About the advanced classes:

Both ACs would include three discipline trees.

Mystic (healer/dps/support) The ability to predict the future is a powerful tool.

Diviner (heals)

This discipline tree would be a healer only in a sense. Because Mystics can tell the future by using the Force, Diviner would use her abilities to shield and prevent damage that would fall upon her allies. She would have capability to heal, possibly with heal over time -skills, but the main method of keeping her allies alive would be damage prevention. Abilities could include placing an absorb shield on an ally (like Sorc bubble but better), placing a shield on an ally that would cut incoming damage by X % for a certain time, placing a blessing on an ally that would negate the next incoming attack, etc. Some of these may sound overpowered but its just a matter of finding a balance and I think it is possible.

Prophet of Doom (dps/debuffer)

Prophet of Doom would use the Force to identify the weak points of the enemy and use them to her advantage. This could mean that Prophet would have different kind of debuffs to be place on an enemy: A debuff that would make the target to take Y % more damage, a debuff that would all allies to heal Z % of their damage dealt to the target, a debuff that would increase the critical chance of incoming attack against the enemy by A %, etc. Those may sound overpowered again. The Prophet would have DPS abilities of course but I have not thought much about those. I would not want to see Madness copycat at least.

Clairvoyant (off-heal/off-dps/buffer)

This game does not really have a buffer class, maybe because buffs are implemented in every class, here and there (class buffs, those 45 s lasting debuffs from 3.0). Clairvoyant would have the ability to "heal" other players resources (mana battery if you will). Although this maybe would not be that major in this game because managing resources is generally easy. Clairvoyant would be able to buff the stats of the other players (main stat, power, crit, surge, alacrity) with temporary boosts (single target, more often than what Bloodthirst is now). This way she could enhance bursts of dps when she wants while dpsing or healing on the side. This way Clairvoyant would not do much damage or healing herself but her significance to the raid would be great.

Voss Scout (tank/dps/dps)

Honestly my inspiration ran out by now. Maybe you can think of something?

Never going to happen. What you are suggesting is to have a class and race that are one and the same. I don't know of any mmos that do that. We are getting the Arcanist in 4.0, plus a new high end engine and a console port.

Stop! You're kriffing killing with the BS! Just stop the damn trolling all ready!

Never going to happen. What you are suggesting is to have a class and race that are one and the same. I don't know of any mmos that do that.

Not to mention, any new Classes will likely have to be sided with either the Republic or Empire. We aren't (or at least it is extremely UNLIKELY) that we'll get any new Class that is independent from the Republic and Empire, regardless for however many Levels.

What you are suggesting is to have a class and race that are one and the same. I don't know of any mmos that do that.

Joking or ignorance?

That said, no need for new race or class. New race just means "Human with funny skin and/or eyes and/or horns and a new social skill" and new class means "not gonna happen" (as you said).

Edited by branmakmuffin