The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KotoR 2 Style Force User Robes Please...

It's weird that the art direction for a nearly 15 year old game is so much superior to a triple A MMO title with hundreds of millions of dollars invested into it.

All of the best looking armor sets are those that are modeled on the Kotor single player franchise or even various comic books.

Every set unique to SWTOR almost always looks like a disgusting WoW rip off, with big-*** shoulderpads, massive backpacks and butt-skirts. It makes me wonder if there is some dogmatic school of MMO art somewhere, with a professor shrilly demanding "BIGGER PAULDRONS, MAKE THOSE SHOULDERS POP!"

The only immediate exceptions that come to mind, are those from the original preview videos, including such luminaries as the stalwart trooper set, valiant jedi set, satele shan set, Darth Malgus armor (still unavailable) or shae vizla. Those are all great, and seem to have had real thought put into them...but were also not even available to players until after the cartel market came out.

Edited by clearsighted

It's weird that the art direction for a nearly 15 year old game is so much superior to a triple A MMO title with hundreds of millions of dollars invested into it.

All of the best looking armor sets are those that are modeled on the Kotor single player franchise or even various comic books.

Every set unique to SWTOR almost always looks like a disgusting WoW rip off, with big-*** shoulderpads, massive backpacks and butt-skirts. It makes me wonder if there is some dogmatic school of MMO art somewhere, with a professor shrilly demanding "BIGGER PAULDRONS, MAKE THOSE SHOULDERS POP!"

The only immediate exceptions that come to mind, are those from the original preview videos, including such luminaries as the stalwart trooper set, valiant jedi set, satele shan set, Darth Malgus armor (still unavailable) or shae vizla. Those are all great, and seem to have had real thought put into them...but were also not even available to players until after the cartel market came out.

Amen to this!

• 6 months later...
This thread deserves a bump.

No, no this thread does not. This has already been suggested several times, as well as having been posted in the Official Armor Suggestion Thread. The best we can do is just wait, and hope they implement the item(s) in game. They regularly check the Official Armor Suggestion Thread, so I'm pretty sure Bioware is well aware that people want these robes. Also, you necro'd the thread after roughly 7 months, without adding anything further to the discussion.

I'd say the best way for them to implement this in the game, if naming is an issue for them, would be just to call it the Jedi Exile's Robes, or something along those lines.

Edited by StarkillerVB

I believe this should at least get some yellow response. This is an iconic Star Wars item which is, pretty much, synonymous with the "Jedi." You see it in almost every Star Wars media. It was all over promotional images for SWTOR, you have thousands of fans wearing this outfit on every Star Wars convention.

I'd be glad to, finally, get a response with at least a reason for why it isn't in the game after three years, despite big demand, many requests and undeniable popularity.