The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP Stat Optimizing Advice

Gynx

Hey all, been doing a lot of reading, kwerty's guide and here, and would like to ask for guidance on where to move stuff around to optimize my gear. I play AP and would like advice on optimizing my stats.

Currently in 192, with a couple 198's, 2 piece set bonus, need one more for 4 piece.

My stats and item ratings are: 3703 Aim, 4406 endurance, 779 accuracy, crit 313, surge 464, alacrity 443, power 1393.

Still working on the rotation, but curious to what numbers I should be expecting to pull on a dummy with the stats I have above.

Thanks in advance.

Hey all, been doing a lot of reading, kwerty's guide and here, and would like to ask for guidance on where to move stuff around to optimize my gear. I play AP and would like advice on optimizing my stats.

Currently in 192, with a couple 198's, 2 piece set bonus, need one more for 4 piece.

My stats and item ratings are: 3703 Aim, 4406 endurance, 779 accuracy, crit 313, surge 464, alacrity 443, power 1393.

Still working on the rotation, but curious to what numbers I should be expecting to pull on a dummy with the stats I have above.

Thanks in advance.

I'll get back to you momentarily with a number, though in the mean time I'd swap some surge for alacrity or power (power through playing around with how things are augmented). Remember that diminishing returns hits surge really hard, so at 300 rating its about half as strong as it normally is.

I'll assume you have a 192 Mainhand/198 offhand and 192 relics as well.

Feel free to post a parsely link for an example though - once you get the 4-piece the optimal rotation delays the first rapid shots till a minute into the fight, then only uses 5 of em before going back into heat-generation mode for another minute. Its easier to see where you're going wrong with a parse than with a simple number.

Edited by TACeMossie

Ok with the above assumptions (192 mainhand/198 offhand and 192 relics), you'll have an expected DPS average of 3875.9812 over a fight of duration 342.849 seconds (or 240 GCDs), resulting in a total damage of 1328876 on the dummy. A shorter fight will have significantly more damage behind it, as this duration of a fight has 3 uses of shoulder cannons and 2 attack adrenals, but ends as the fourth Battle Focus is about to come off cooldown (and as such also removes the 4th wave of shoulder cannon missiles).

If we were to move 120 Surge into Alacrity, this number would jump to 3895.8366dps, or a 0.5% DPS increase.

I am currently too lazy to write an optimization code based on your current available gear though, as it would take ages. Sorry bout that.

Edited by TACeMossie

Thanks Kwerty, after reading your guide so many times, I feel like I am chatting with a celebrity. I will switch out some surge for power/alacrity. Is there a point where alacrity hits diminishing returns?

When I am at the point of of having my stats somewhat optimized, do I then just go for power or alacrity? and if so which one is better.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks Kwerty, after reading your guide so many times, I feel like I am chatting with a celebrity. I will switch out some surge for power/alacrity. Is there a point where alacrity hits diminishing returns?

When I am at the point of of having my stats somewhat optimized, do I then just go for power or alacrity? and if so which one is better.

Appreciate your help.

As 3.1.1 is neutering Pyro and removing unload, I'm taking advantage of the situation for a major update to the guide. Regardless, here's some answers to your questions.

1. Alacrity's half point is at 1800 Alacrity. As the half point is what people look at when they say when diminishing returns starts to be really noticable, its safe to say we wont reach the half point any time soon.

2. Getting more optimized. In 192s, your power + crit should be just under 2000 before adding any possible augments, while you are sitting at ~1700. Since you dont have >4k Aim, I'd have to say you currently lack 198 A-mods and are either using 192-A mods or the low power/crit enhancements or both. So the first step is swapping out those enhancements. Remember it like this

198 Token/MK-2s > 192 Token/Crafted/MK-2s > 198 Comm > 186 Token/Crafted/MK-2s > any other comm options

As 186s are craftable by anyone with 500 artifice (so long as they bothered with the schematic), there is no need to use enhancements from Basic or Elite Commendations.

Note that as you get into the 6-piece set bonus that this will sort-of solve itself, as Token gear will only have good mods/enhancements

Oh and I just realised my maths above forgot to account for High Energy Gas Cylinder -_-

Actual Numbers:

YOUR CURRENT GEAR

4033.3409 DPS over a 241GCD period (342.849 seconds) and 1382827 damage

REPLACING 120 SURGE WITH 120 ALACRITY

4053.9995 DPS over a 241GCD period (338.673 seconds) and 1372981 damage.