Hypothetical Scenario #1: One ship for a month

Nemarus

An interesting question. I think my choice will likely be a little less 'normal' because I would opt away from a gunship or a battlescout (since if everyone else was given the same choice my guess would be the majority would pick the battlescout or the T1/T3 GS).

To be honest I would get the most kills on either of the above choices but I'm not a very clutch gunship pilot (I just find them less fun to fly and hence don't practice enough to be good when under a lot of pressure) -I'm a scout pilot at heart. That being said, while I can definitely get a lot more kills in a short span on a BLC battlescout (or any battlescout really) than my preferred choice, the BLC scout is so good at getting quick kills it's dumb and if I were stuck being forced to fly a battlescout for a month I'd get bored and start doing dumb things like trying to survive repeatedly flying straight through an enemy formation without using my weapons, trying to pull dumb engine maneuvers through impossibly tight spaces, etc and my teammates would start to hate me pretty quick (assuming I didn't get bored enough to just stop queing)... I'm one of those heathens that just doesn't like battlescouts.

Another option I would be tempted to take would be the minelayer with it's hyperbeacon for support. But since I'm assuming a lot of matches would end up being something like 6 gunships and 2 scouts vs 6 gunships and 2 scouts my bomber would probably end up being gunship food rather than a help the majority of the time.

So after eliminating those options, I think I'd end up sticking to one of my favorite ships instead. That means either the T1 or the T3 scout. Since I'm still choosing under the assumption that there would end up being a majority of games that are one gunship wall vs another, I don't feel like I would bring enough to the table in both Dom and TDM matches in the T3 to give my team an edge since I wouldn't be able to very effectively threaten enemy gunships and I can't very effectively peel for my guys against enemy battlescouts in a T3.

So after all of that debate with myself, I think my choice would be the ship I've probably logged the most time in:

Novadive with LC, Pods, DF, BR and booster recharge for some gunship hunting and scout kiting excitement.

I know I could get some more dps with TT but since I'm assuming there will be rampant Ion rail spam and BLC battlescouts keen to chase me down and 2 shot me with their own TT I prefer the 2nd wind that booster recharge gives me at the press of a button and BR's ability to get me out of the BLC range rapidly if I miss seeing a battlescout until he's almost in range.

Edited by jmonka