Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Subscriber Rewards

MarkMaximus

I have been a subscriber since prelaunch of this game and I find it insulting that new subscribers would get 2400 cartel coins as well as a 40% discount for rejoining. As being a long time subscriber I would also like my 2400 cartel coins that are being rewarded to previous subscribers.

I have been a subscriber since prelaunch of this game and I find it insulting that new subscribers would get 2400 cartel coins as well as a 40% discount for rejoining. As being a long time subscriber I would also like my 2400 cartel coins that are being rewarded to previous subscribers.

So.

575 (give or take depending on your sub)

=6900 cartel coins a year.

You get the 2400 for free in a matter of 4-5 months.

+ everything is already unlocked for you, you've enjoyed the unlocked content longer, etc, etc.

Plus when you sub longer than 1 month at a time, you get 20% (with 6 months) off every month.

So tell me. What rewards are you lacking?

We get rewards for being a sub all the time. Cartel coins, crystals, speeders, decorations, legacy gear.... but no one ever remembers that until they offer gifts to convince people to sub.

Not only that. I've heard current subs getting the offer as well for 60 days and the CC. If you already have Revan, it's still $10 savings compared to buying them separately. Can't hurt to try, can it? :rolleyes:

HA! Tell me about it, i bought 60 days a couple of days before the stupid offer went up!

It's not unreasonable to offer incentives for new customers to join. All businesses do it to encourage your either switch your provider or to get you in the door. The mobile phone shop I used to work for had a stash of bluetooth headsets out the back that we could give away to convince people to sign a contract. Health insurance companies do it with no qualifying or waiting periods for treatments. It's a way of generating extra revenue.

At least in environments like this (digital) you can create a digital giveaway that doesn't cost you anything but provides value to customers

I think the point the OP was making was, they didn't think about their pre-existing subscriber base. Yea the promo tempts the veterans to return, but that does nothing to those that have been loyal the whole time. Looking at the promo deal, it would have been cheaper, and you get so much more. So all the current subs get it a lightsaber crystal. No cartel coins or extra game time for being loyal. Almost feels like a slap in the face. I would have been happy with half of the 2400, at least that would have shown me that they still care for their subscriber base.

We get rewards for being a sub all the time. Cartel coins, crystals, speeders, decorations, legacy gear.... but no one ever remembers that until they offer gifts to convince people to sub.

This. So much.

Here is my beef with your we get free coins. The deal is they get a cost cut on the 2400 coins pack and along with the xp or x packs and 60 day game time. Also if they do this before the end of the day on the 29th of march they get the same dam pack we get for being sub. Only reason some of us is up set is why they not handing out sale stuff to us. Hell look at it this way in the past 2 years I and many others to might have paid 2 x for the Rise of the Hutt Cartel first time 01.04.2013 and then gain when I got the Shadow of Revan Digital Expansion and Nope when I got it was the week it went live for the Per oder players. So no 12 x xp for class mission for me ! Was away cause of My Job. So it be nice for them to cut the cost on the Coin pack for us as well.:)

Looked and its only for new subs and if you been a sub in the past and fall into the f2p can get it. Yes looked 60 day game time do not use set up for the 30 day billing each month. But coins for those that do there hyper stuff on you tube or players that do it for them self be nice.:confused:

Looked and its only for new subs and if you been a sub in the past and fall into the f2p can get it. Yes looked 60 day game time do not use set up for the 30 day billing each month. But coins for those that do there hyper stuff on you tube or players that do it for them self be nice.:confused:

Did you physically attempt it? It says one thing, but I've heard of actively subscribed players being able to activate. Is the button not even active for you?

http://www.swtor.com/choose-your-path/rejoin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.