'Archon' and 'Vice Commandant' titles

pwhdavey

I want to RP an InterStellar Regulator. I've almost got Champion standing with the People of Makeb to get the Elite Mercenary gear. I was wondering if the Archon and Vice Commandant titles relate specifically to the Regulators? If so, does anyone know more about the rankings and lore behind these titles?

I want to RP an InterStellar Regulator. I've almost got Champion standing with the People of Makeb to get the Elite Mercenary gear. I was wondering if the Archon and Vice Commandant titles relate specifically to the Regulators? If so, does anyone know more about the rankings and lore behind these titles?

"Vice-Commandant" is a rank used in the InterStellar Regulators. One of their main commanders on Makeb, Grevin, held that rank, so it appears to be pretty high up in their command structure. The Regulators probably aren't the only ones to use that rank, other organizations and civilizations in SW likely use variations of "Commandant" (since it's a real-world military title) and by extension "Vice-Commandant" as well, but if you're looking to play a Regulator, that is definitely an appropriate title.

"Archon", on the other hand, is specifically a Hutt title from the old Hutt Empire that fell into disuse as the Hutts transitioned into a more 'gangster'-like organization, rather than an empire. The Archons were enforcers and inquisitors (the political / social role, not the game mechanics class) who protected the Hutt Empire from foreign enemies and purged dissidents. During 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' Szajin resurrects the title as part of his bid to return the Hutts to their 'former glory'.

Edited by DarthDymond

"Vice-Commandant" is a rank used in the InterStellar Regulators. One of their main commanders on Makeb, Grevin, held that rank, so it appears to be pretty high up in their command structure. The Regulators probably aren't the only ones to use that rank, other organizations and civilizations in SW likely use variations of "Commandant" (since it's a real-world military title) and by extension "Vice-Commandant" as well, but if you're looking to play a Regulator, that is definitely an appropriate title.

For reference, if this one cutscene is any indication, there were at least two to three additional Vice-Commandants around, though it is unclear if one of them was Grevin's replacement.

For reference, if this one cutscene is any indication, there were at least two to three additional Vice-Commandants around, though it is unclear if one of them was Grevin's replacement.

Funny how those fools got a cutscene while the founder of the Regulators was just some scrub boss in an Imperial quest.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Exactly. Well, at least his scrub underlings detect "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!!!11" in Talaos City. I guess that's something.

And all of them sound like Yuri Lowenthal. :p

Consistency, as far as its definition is concerned, should have "Interstellar Regulators" attached to it.

"Archon", on the other hand, is specifically a Hutt title from the old Hutt Empire that fell into disuse as the Hutts transitioned into a more 'gangster'-like organization, rather than an empire. The Archons were enforcers and inquisitors (the political / social role, not the game mechanics class) who protected the Hutt Empire from foreign enemies and purged dissidents. During 'Rise of the Hutt Cartel' Szajin resurrects the title as part of his bid to return the Hutts to their 'former glory'.

Cheers! This clarified things for me. I also found out that there is a Regulator title, so either that or Vice Commandant would work. Thanks :)