Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lost Alacrity?

TitusOfTides

Hello,

Some time ago, my alacrity was at 7.45%. Yesterday, I noticed it was at 7.43%. I know alacrity rounds, so I didn't actually lose anything here - but I am just curious as to what may have caused a .02% change in the stat? I have not switched any gear, so I am wondering if this could the be result of an ubdate?

Edited by TitusOfTides

Hello,

Some time ago, my alacrity was at 7.45%. Yesterday, I noticed it was at 7.43%. I know alacrity rounds, so I didn't actually lose anything here - but I am just curious as to what may have caused a .02% change in the stat? I have not switched any gear, so I am wondering if this could the be result of an ubdate?

If you lvled up you will lose some secondary stats.... ie when you start pvping pre 30, bolster will give you the base secondary stats that the Devs believe is optimised for your class at LVL 60 (this is normally not correct)... Anyway, as you LVL up and are able to gear secondary stats from Enhancements and Mods... You need to take more responsibility for your secondary stats because Bolster slowly reduces them to what gear should be available at your LVL to get those stats... The closer you get to 55-60, the more noticable it can be and the more tweaking will be required

You may also lose some if you go higher in main stats than Bolster thinks you should for your LVL, this can happen when adding some augments... I have noticed by adding extra main stats or power 168 augments to my toons 55-60... That sometimes my secondary stats and sometimes health will reduce... This can be confusing... All I can say is it isn't ideal... augments really need to be removed from Bolster... But as it is you need to decide is it better to have those secondary stats, more health or more main stats

Because of these reasons, it is important to atleast have your gear within 5 lvls of your current LVL... Even though your main stats will get bolstered, you lose out on secondary stats if you don't

He means it rounds up or down, just didn't state to how many decimal places so we're still none the wiser.

I am not aware of any stat rounding up or down in SWTOR, doubt it's even true since it would allow people to stack less and get more.

Edit: I'm thinking he may be talking about how the cast bar only shows 1 decimal place. With 2% alacrity the tool tip for a 3 second ability will show 2.94 seconds, while the cast bar will show 2.9 seconds. The cast is still actually taking 2.94 seconds though.

Edited by WannEras

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.