Why can't GSF be more like this?

RaithHarth

Epic demo.

But ...this is like a completely separate game. It's like saying you'd play more blackjack too if it's like checkers, because you like checkers more than blackjack.

Yeah... dogfighting game versus dreadnaughts... very different. And while there is something to big ships slugging it out, it actually felt slow-paced to me. Different games indeed. :)

That's not to say I wouldn't love to have GSF take place around actual big ships with actual objectives of some sort with them, but that's keeping an arcade-y dogfighter game an arcade-y dogfighter game.

I would actually play GSF more, if this is what we got

I can't find Dreadnought's budget, but it appears to be very large. GSF never involved an outlay like that.

I never understoof why LucasArts never did a game like Homeworld.

A good point, but I will say that LucasArcts left a lot of really solid ideas lying around. The Star Wars video game license could just be so much more.

Same reason it wasn't designed like Wing Commander...or the X Series...or XWing VS Series...or <insert game here>

The reason is because it wasn't designed to be...what's so hard to understand about that?

personally I prefer GSF to that...now if it was like XWing VS/Wing Commander....I'd prefer THAT....

but opinions are different..and again..GSF wasn't designed to be like that because...it wasn't.

Do you get it?