PVP Merc... Warzone gear!?!?

ZeroDiplomacy

I am assuming we are talking end game.

It is actually quite simple. All the different Merc / Mando PVP sets have set bonuses. Just look for the set that improve skills you use. Otherwise the skills referenced will be skills used specifically by the other class specs and won't do anything for you.

And once you get your exhume pieces, the only option you will have for Dark Reaver is the set you currently use. So if you have enough rank comms, put the item you want to trade up in your inventory and the corresponding item will become available as a trade.

As for mids, I wouldn't even bother with getting the PVP sets. Save your comms for level 60. Bolster will work with any gear you have in mids or starter level pvp.

Edited by ForceWelder

For 60 PvP you want the Eliminator pieces.

Yes you need this set for the set piece bonus... Unfortunately the stats aren't what I would call min-max for pvp

Once you have your 6 piece bonus, you can use any other type for your 7th if it gives you the stats you want

You also do not need to use the Eliminator ear, implants or weapons... I've used others to compensate for what I feel are the wrong min/max stats in the Eliminator armor

Once you have all the gear, you can also buy pvp mods and enhancements to tweak the stats more

I went from doing mediocre damage on the standard gear to doing twice as much by changing the given stats...

I feel there is way too much Alacrity on the set... I don't really think you need more than 3-4%... I've stacked more surge and accuracy to replace some alacrity

Yes you need this set for the set piece bonus... Unfortunately the stats aren't what I would call min-max for pvp

Once you have your 6 piece bonus, you can use any other type for your 7th if it gives you the stats you want

You also do not need to use the Eliminator ear, implants or weapons... I've used others to compensate for what I feel are the wrong min/max stats in the Eliminator armor

Once you have all the gear, you can also buy pvp mods and enhancements to tweak the stats more

I went from doing mediocre damage on the standard gear to doing twice as much by changing the given stats...

I feel there is way too much Alacrity on the set... I don't really think you need more than 3-4%... I've stacked more surge and accuracy to replace some alacrity

Well, if you are running arsenal then you have 3% alacrity anyway due to your cylinder. I tried at one point to run more than that, but I didn't like giving up the surge for it.

Personally though I did not find the Eliminator set to be too terribly mismanaged with the stats being better allocated than on previous sets. With that being said though I did have to switch out some power/alacrity mods for power/surge

I like where my stats are at currently, though I know some will say I have too much crit, it's just over 25%, and suggest that I switch out a crit mod and enhancement for power ones but I'm just going to ignore them. I could switch out a few reflex augments for overkill ones but any gain would be minimal and I'm being cheap at the moment.