The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning player eyeing shieldtech

Mumit

Just came back to the game after quitting about three months after release. After reading about all of the classes for the last few days, I've decided that Shieldtech seems to be what I'm going to end up playing as. I do have a few questions for in regards to how they're currently performing in game.

How are they doing when soloing around the world with a companion? Is it better to use a healer or a DPS companion?

How is shieldtech doing right now in PVP?

Are they a suitable tank for most PVE encounters? Or are they lacking in certain areas?

Thank you for any help you can provide :)

Just came back to the game after quitting about three months after release. After reading about all of the classes for the last few days, I've decided that Shieldtech seems to be what I'm going to end up playing as. I do have a few questions for in regards to how they're currently performing in game.

How are they doing when soloing around the world with a companion? Is it better to use a healer or a DPS companion?

You start with a healer (mako), but I find doing PVE is far, far, far quicker using a dps comp instead.

How is shieldtech doing right now in PVP?

Unsure, don't use mine for that. But as they are a shielding-based tank, they should do ok.

Are they a suitable tank for most PVE encounters? Or are they lacking in certain areas?

I have never felt I lacked in any area or fight. Though, my guild has yet to do the newest Ops, as we are rebuilding our raidforce atm.

Thank you for any help you can provide :)

Answers in red :)