Speed to Burn back on to Power Shot?

Icezera

So can someone help me with an issue with IO? I'm having trouble getting the Speed to Burn proc back on to PS when something causes the rotation to screw up whether it is from knockbacks/screwing up.

The guide is telling me to use the StB proc on Serrated shot and then do something with the GCD's but, I'm not sure what that is. Any help?

Here is the guide in question.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/22/swtor-3-0-mercenary-dps-guide-by-marisi-and-fascinate

So can someone help me with an issue with IO? I'm having trouble getting the Speed to Burn proc back on to PS when something causes the rotation to screw up whether it is from knockbacks/screwing up.

The guide is telling me to use the StB proc on Serrated shot and then do something with the GCD's but, I'm not sure what that is. Any help?

Here is the guide in question.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/22/swtor-3-0-mercenary-dps-guide-by-marisi-and-fascinate

Basically if something happens during the fight and StB is on SS instead, what you can do is simply swap the 3rd and 4th GCDs around, so instead of if normally being IM SS PS (proc IPA) filler, it's IM SS (consume StB) filler PS (proc IPA)

Basically if something happens during the fight and StB is on SS instead, what you can do is simply swap the 3rd and 4th GCDs around, so instead of if normally being IM SS PS (proc IPA) filler, it's IM SS (consume StB) filler PS (proc IPA)

Wouldn't StB be on SS in both cases for this anyway?

What you were probably going for is:

Normally:

IM > SS > Filler > PS (Proc IPA)

StB on SS

IM > Filler > [stB] SS > PS (Proc IPA)

With Filler being anything but PS (Thermal Detonator, Electro Net, Missile Blast, etc...)

Hell, you could even go from this:

Mag Shot > Incend. Missile > Serrated Shot > Filler > Power Shot (Proc IPA)

to this:

Filler > Incend. Missile > Serrated Shot > Mag Shot > StB Power Shot > Tech Override Power Shot (Proc IPA) > Resume rotation.

By delaying that one StB proc, you desynch it from the earlier mag shot and move it into the Mag Shot you want it on. The issue is recognizing when it is desynched

Wouldn't StB be on SS in both cases for this anyway?

What you were probably going for is:

Normally:

IM > SS > Filler > PS (Proc IPA)

StB on SS

IM > Filler > [stB] SS > PS (Proc IPA)

With Filler being anything but PS (Thermal Detonator, Electro Net, Missile Blast, etc...)

Hell, you could even go from this:

Mag Shot > Incend. Missile > Serrated Shot > Filler > Power Shot (Proc IPA)

to this:

Filler > Incend. Missile > Serrated Shot > Mag Shot > StB Power Shot > Tech Override Power Shot (Proc IPA) > Resume rotation.

By delaying that one StB proc, you desynch it from the earlier mag shot and move it into the Mag Shot you want it on. The issue is recognizing when it is desynched

No, the issue is when you either have some downtime or you have to deviate from the rotation, say to quickly burn an add or something and applying dots would be inefficient, so when you go to reapply dots on the main target, StB can be on that half of the rotation instead of the UL half.

No, the issue is when you either have some downtime or you have to deviate from the rotation, say to quickly burn an add or something and applying dots would be inefficient, so when you go to reapply dots on the main target, StB can be on that half of the rotation instead of the UL half.

Exactly why I'd recommend the ridiculous method of delaying the first mag shot - StB will still be used on a power shot, and due to the single delay of MS you end up with it returning to the Unload section of the rotation.

Of course, this is all resource dependent...

(I'd also recommend the delay on StB SS simply cause then it wont clip the bleed)