The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can vanguard be dps?

Draknalor

If you're looking to roll a vanguard and play it the same way a commando plays, but with a rifle, then yes your DPS will be crap. I see a lot of vanguards spamming full auto at 30m and never getting into close quarters, which is where they belong.

Hopefully the removal of full auto will get the message across (I thought the fact that every single ability you get first in the specs being melee would be good enough). But yeah, vanguard is a close range (4m-10m) class so the rifle isn't the only thing that's different. It's a very different playstyle. Bottom line though - vanguards are incredibly powerful DPS when played correctly.

Edited by Col_Wilson

If you're looking to roll a vanguard and play it the same way a commando plays, but with a rifle, then yes your DPS will be crap. I see a lot of vanguards spamming full auto at 30m and never getting into close quarters, which is where they belong.

Hopefully the removal of full auto will get the message across (I thought the fact that every single ability you get first in the specs being melee would be good enough). But yeah, vanguard is a close range (4m-10m) class so the rifle isn't the only thing that's different. It's a very different playstyle. Bottom line though - vanguards are incredibly powerful DPS when played correctly.

If they really wanted us in 4-10 Meter range, they should of just given Vanguards tech blades and staffs. And then given us attacks to use at close range.