The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith inquisitor final....Kalatosh Zavros responds wrong?????

ktel

When i spoke to the ghosts at the end of "The Dark Council" quest, i had the choice, as you probably know, to either force them to stay with me or to free them. I chose to keep them all, but Kalatosh Zavros responded in a manner that directly contradicts my choices earlier in the sith inquisitor story. He claimed that i had formed some kind of blood pact with him, which in turn kept e from keeping him. If i remember correctly this is the light side option when you first bind him on Taris, but i've never chosen any light side ever options in the past ?????

I was just wondering, is this some form of bug, or something. And is is it possible to fix ?

You probably had formed a blood pact with him then. That's what happends if you don't force the ghost, but cut a deal with him instead. It's not a bug as I've done this four times and never gotten any bugs. If you don't force the ghost, then you'll make a pact of blood. I don't know if you have to free them, as I've never promised to do so and I've never freed them, but you're the one that misclicked and chose to bargain with Zavros. So, you're at fault for losing one of the potentially 5 force ghosts. Guess it's a good thing you're not a real Sith, would be terrible to lose 20% of your secret weapon because of such sloppery.

*And it's no way to "redo" the blood pact, as you did that on Taris. If you wish to do it without letting him go, that is, if you can't force him to stay anyway, is if you redo the entire SI storyline again.*

Edited by Leaveshill

High quality QA process you've got there.

10/10 would answer again.

But it's a fact though. It's not bugged "once in a while". I did it less than 10 days ago. What's more likely? OP misclicking and cuting a deal with old Zavros or the conversation, somehow, bugging itself? It's a no-brainer. It's no bug "once in a while" here, the quest works fine and it has always done.

At least it's 99% more likely that it's a "ops I misclicked" scenario than a "ops forcing him isn't relevant as he somehow tricked you into a deal, lolz"

I love your loose interpretation of what constitutes a fact. :)

User error is always to be expected. This guy couldn't even post this thread in the right forum so I'm even more wary. Shouldn't assume it though. Certainly can't conclude it. I googled this and a couple other people have claimed to encounter the issue, one of them having done a very admirable bug report about it. Less easy to dismiss.

There's three ways to forcibly bind Kalatosh. Maybe one of them isn't setting the flag right. Maybe they all set it right but if you make a pact with Andru or Horak-mul it gets changed. And maybe only if you're Darth Oculus. Maybe it's user error. Troubleshooting isn't served by hasty assumptions.

Edited by Senrie