The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW infantry armor

raandomname

Did the RCs have actual shielding other than being a gameplay thing? Also Talon, the Empire did have things that were on par/surpassed the RCs armor, not all at once but still.

But anyway, pretty sure this thread is discussing the regular/standard armor anyway, not special forces armor or anything like that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Both of you guys are completely ignoring the use of proper English. Hey I think the things are cool too...it would be nice if they are Canon. I don' think they are though for the reasons I noted. Again if they meant just those specific games you don't say "such as". In the absence of clarification...when we take the language in the post and the existence of clear retcons as well there is only one logical conclusion. I would see using " such as" and naming some of the games due to the number of discussions going on on the wiki about those droids. Also if we don't look at it this way then we get into a pissing match as to what games are and are not covered under the use of "such as".

As for the post, its gone because the Holicron is now gone, I suppose. Since Disney has said everything pre-April 2014 is non-canon, they likely feel they have no real reason to maintain the holicron, so to save money on data storage "poof."

Oh and did you just bring Black's into this? Lol. I actually chuckled when I saw expressio unius est exclusio alterius because that does address the "illustrative" point I am making. (Not a lawyer, just a LEO for 18 years now who reads too much. Getting my paralegal cert though...need to have something to do when I retire in 7 years beside ride my bike and play video games.)

I don't think we're really going to be able to settle much without that original quote - I'm not saying that I believe whoever added those lines to the wiki made it up, but I don't put a lot of faith in how accurately / clearly a wiki is going to capture the substance of a nuanced quote (and that floating comma before "Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds" looks like the description was edited down - poorly - at least once).

I understand your position, and I understand how you reached it from those two lines, but in the larger context of how the material is treated in the old EU and how video games were usually handled in C-Canon:

(A) I believe applying the comment to Dark Forces is an overly broad reading of what Chee was probably saying.

(B) Even if Dark Forces was non-C-Canon (it's not) the Essential Guides, SW Encyclopedia, etc. lay out the same content that was in it and nothing indicates that those entries are non-canon, so everything Dark Forces establishes about the Dark Trooper Project (Rohm Moc, the Arc Hammer, the attack on Talay, the Phases I - III droid models, Katarn effectively demolishing the project, etc.) would still be C-Canon.

(Side note: that's really cool that you're going for your paralegal cert while still working in law enforcement, that's got to be a pain to juggle - good luck with it!)

I agree, lacking the original quote is an issue. My anal retentiveness just makes me see two options.

1) We let, in this cirumcstance, people pick and chose, almost at a whim, what is and what is not canon beyond the games specifically listed

2) knowing the language infers the comment refers to some number of other games, be conservative and just say all.

I usually tend towards the more conservative option in cases such as these.

Edited by Ghisallo