Carnage/Combat - Augments

Necroburger

1. How do augments actually work? Do I have to buy a kit for each piece of armor and then install the augment? Can I recover them like mods, armorings, etc?

2. Which augments are better for Carnage/Combat marauder spec? (PvE/PvP)

3. 186 full gear and a couple of 192 pieces, should I wait to get better gear or wait till I find the orange gear that I want to stick with?

Thanks comrades :)

1. How do augments actually work? Do I have to buy a kit for each piece of armor and then install the augment? Can I recover them like mods, armorings, etc?

You can either buy or craft augment kits, to augment an armor or implant/earpiece/relic you will need a modification station. You can find them on fleet in the crew skill section

You can remove an augment just like any mod or enhancement but not the augment kit, so before augmenting an armor piece, make sure you like it

2. Which augments are better for Carnage/Combat marauder spec? (PvE/PvP)

Either Overkill (Power/Endurance) or Might (Strength/Endurance) augments will work, dps difference is negligible.

3. 186 full gear and a couple of 192 pieces, should I wait to get better gear or wait till I find the orange gear that I want to stick with? Find a set of orange shells that you like and augment that one, then move all the armorings, mods and enhancements to it.

Thanks comrades :)

Replied

I found a few augments of alacrity makes it flow a little better. Yet, that is just me. If you plan on PVP/PVE you will need two set's of orange gear. Unless you are really rich and afford to swap the items out. Or plan on just using the shells that come with the PVP gear. The problem is that you have to turn them in to get to the next level of pvp gear, and you will lose the augment slot.

Assuming you buy two full sets of shells and you're going to PVP. You will need to get 162/168 armoring/mod's/enhancements based on how bolstering works. This will give you 2018 expertise. Then when you buy your PVP gear you can swap the items into that shell replacing the 162/168 items. Leaving the augments in place (they are not affected by bolster). If you kept your shells from the forged alliance you can use those or buy the items from Rishi(I think)

I found a few augments of alacrity makes it flow a little better. Yet, that is just me. If you plan on PVP/PVE you will need two set's of orange gear. Unless you are really rich and afford to swap the items out. Or plan on just using the shells that come with the PVP gear. The problem is that you have to turn them in to get to the next level of pvp gear, and you will lose the augment slot.

Assuming you buy two full sets of shells and you're going to PVP. You will need to get 162/168 armoring/mod's/enhancements based on how bolstering works. This will give you 2018 expertise. Then when you buy your PVP gear you can swap the items into that shell replacing the 162/168 items. Leaving the augments in place (they are not affected by bolster). If you kept your shells from the forged alliance you can use those or buy the items from Rishi(I think)

Also really helpful, thanks ^^