The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new to tank/powertech, need advice!

Faithisdead

Hey all, i just started playing again after taking a LOOONG break (over a yeah and a half) and i need advice on how to tank again. is there any useful (as in updated for latest form on the game patch wise) that i can find anywhere to spec and set up to be a tank in end game situations and overall how a tank works now? any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Faith

p.s. i play a Bounty Hunter.

Edited by Faithisdead

Hey all, i just started playing again after taking a LOOONG break (over a yeah and a half) and i need advice on how to tank again. is there any useful (as in updated for latest form on the game patch wise) that i can find anywhere to spec and set up to be a tank in end game situations and overall how a tank works now? any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Faith

p.s. i play a Bounty Hunter.

The sticky at the top, while heavily outdated on spec, rotation and gearing is a good place to start with returning to tanking. After that, Milas (Zorz GM and part of every world first Ops clear since NiM Timed Run of Dread Fortress) has an excellent guide over on Dulfy.net

You can find his guide Here: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/27/3-0-shield-tech-powertech-tanking-guide-by-milas/