4 Concealment Op Ranked Team

QuiveringPotato

Do you guys think this could work? With everyone taking sedatives, revitalizers and evasive imperative or evasive screen...

>find LoS, put kolto probes x8 on everybody

>Sap entire team, -50% damage done by all of them

>Open up on one guy, get autocrit VS' put on, ~40k damage in 1 GCD not including the backstab and veiled strike beforehand

>If team CC breaks, flashbang

>Stealth out after first guy/run away and wait for combat to end

>repeat process until other team dead

A lot of what ifs in this scenario.

Against a non stealth team, you have the advantage. You have to have a team that is ready to use vanishing act the moment things dont go to plan. With that in mind theirs many oppurtunities for that to happen.

I could list the number of situations where a CC break and quick DCD or stun could limit the succcess of this tactic.

With that in mind, your first attempt should always be thought of as a lure out the stronger DCDs, such as barrier, and resilance. After they are used you can wait for them to go off of cooldown and then go back in for the quick kill.

However their are still liabilities. first off no one can be brought out of stealth and it is imperetive that no one blows their Vanish and gets pull out by a well placed stealth scan or aoe, or else the situation goes to crud, and you go a man down real quick.

Against a team with stealth and you run the risk of getting knocked out by a skilled shadow/sin before you can even get close. Their is also the challenge of finding the stealth player before they can sap you.

You are not going to win the dps game in a throwdown fight. The times I have played ranked on my scoundrel two things were very apparent against a number of classes. One is our control is weak, as most of our roots can be broken, by one of many Defensive cooldowns, and the fact that we really lack a spammable snare, which a lot of other players seem to have in abundance, means we are constantly trying to chase down the backs of our enemies to get one maybe two back blasts off before have to escape.

Two is that the class relies solely on burst, and lacks the capability to function well at all as a pressure class. Even then that burst is spread out, and can be mitigated fairly easy.

In the end if you are effective. Most people would conider is a cheese victory, but Its not like we are given much choice. It would work against a team that is not expecting a burst stealth team. Once that first match is done though, expect your opponents to reform on toons less suceptable to such a tactic.

Again if you know of four ops/sco that are up for experimentation than go all out. I wouldnt mind seeing a few videos.

Edited by Haystak

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of what ifs in this scenario.

Against a non stealth team, you have the advantage. You have to have a team that is ready to use vanishing act the moment things dont go to plan. With that in mind theirs many oppurtunities for that to happen.

I could list the number of situations where a CC break and quick DCD or stun could limit the succcess of this tactic.

With that in mind, your first attempt should always be thought of as a lure out the stronger DCDs, such as barrier, and resilance. After they are used you can wait for them to go off of cooldown and then go back in for the quick kill.

However their are still liabilities. first off no one can be brought out of stealth and it is imperetive that no one blows their Vanish and gets pull out by a well placed stealth scan or aoe, or else the situation goes to crud, and you go a man down real quick.

Against a team with stealth and you run the risk of getting knocked out by a skilled shadow/sin before you can even get close. Their is also the challenge of finding the stealth player before they can sap you.

You are not going to win the dps game in a throwdown fight. The times I have played ranked on my scoundrel two things were very apparent against a number of classes. One is our control is weak, as most of our roots can be broken, by one of many Defensive cooldowns, and the fact that we really lack a spammable snare, which a lot of other players seem to have in abundance, means we are constantly trying to chase down the backs of our enemies to get one maybe two back blasts off before have to escape.

Two is that the class relies solely on burst, and lacks the capability to function well at all as a pressure class. Even then that burst is spread out, and can be mitigated fairly easy.

In the end if you are effective. Most people would conider is a cheese victory, but Its not like we are given much choice. It would work against a team that is not expecting a burst stealth team. Once that first match is done though, expect your opponents to reform on toons less suceptable to such a tactic.

Again if you know of four ops/sco that are up for experimentation than go all out. I wouldnt mind seeing a few videos.

get root on tendon and time your rolls.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems operatives still have the stigma of being world killers because some bads were roflstomped. Some things will never change.

4 good concealment vs 4 mediocre players? Sure it could be viable but any decent team will shut you down quickly and brutally. I'm not saying we need a buff, I'd like to see some QOL changes but all in all the class is in the best place it's been for a while even if it's not as much fun to play.

I don't really see a 4 concealment op team as being very viable. They have really good burst and single target pressure, but they would have to put down all their burst on one person to bring them down before they can be supported. As soon a a jug uses their aoe mez, or some uses a knockback, it's pretty much over. They would have to systematically take out each opponent one by one because they would have no aoe pressure at all. But they could be prevented from doing this by knockbacks and stuns. Plus the only ones they could really open up on and have a relatively good chance of globaling would be a Merc or a pt since neither have an escape...nor do they have potent cooldowns or stun immunity. With the popularity of inquisitors I just don't see this happening.

That said, a premade of 4 concealment ops can be pretty brutal in regs becusse people don't really support each other much in regs and so they are easy to pick off one by one.

Edited by Saikochoro

I don't really see a 4 concealment op team as being very viable. They have really good burst and single target pressure, but they would have to put down all their burst on one person to bring them down before they can be supported. As soon a a jug uses their aoe mez, or some uses a knockback, it's pretty much over. They would have to systematically take out each opponent one by one because they would have no aoe pressure at all. But they could be prevented from doing this by knockbacks and stuns. Plus the only ones they could really open up on and have a relatively good chance of globaling would be a Merc or a pt since neither have an escape...nor do they have potent cooldowns or stun immunity. With the popularity of inquisitors I just don't see this happening.

That said, a premade of 4 concealment ops can be pretty brutal in regs becusse people don't really support each other much in regs and so they are easy to pick off one by one.

Operatives have always been the absolute bane of bads in regular warzones. When it comes to killing keyboard turning, pve geared, clicking, freshly dinged 60's who haven't even trained skills yet, nothing kills them like concealment.

Unfortunately 90% of the player base in regs fit most of the above criteria so they make posts about it on forums and then we get nerfed. Fortunately there's enough of them in regs still for me to heavily edit my recordings and make myself look amazing in highlight videos.

Operatives have always been the absolute bane of bads in regular warzones. When it comes to killing keyboard turning, pve geared, clicking, freshly dinged 60's who haven't even trained skills yet, nothing kills them like concealment.

Unfortunately 90% of the player base in regs fit most of the above criteria so they make posts about it on forums and then we get nerfed. Fortunately there's enough of them in regs still for me to heavily edit my recordings and make myself look amazing in highlight videos.

Pretty much. Though part of it is that in reg warzones people dont seem to care about their teammates. But you are correct. Operatives are very good against undergeared clickers.

I am not devoted enough to gaming to record my game play. I have some good matches. I have some terrible matches. I have some matches where I think "How in the world did I do that....I wish I had recorded that!" Other times I have matches where I think "OMG I'm so glad I don't stream....I don't know what I was thinking."

I have gotten pretty good at mowing down people on my gaurdian. The only difference is they can see me coming.

The O-**** factor has to be built up though.

Though I havent played my shadow at 60 to much, I would like to believe that Infiltration can still kill beginners pretty quick too.

I think Ops being the king of killing players days are over, as their are other classes that can seem to do it just as good, if not better than ops.

The stealth factor is still a big factor though.

Edited by Haystak