PvP Gear Bolstering

Quinan

So its looking like I will have the video comparing the difference between 1000 exp to 2018 exp in a duel up this Friday which is the 27th Feb.

Going to record it tonight and edit in the week. I already have 2 vids scheduled for Monday and Wed otherwise I would have had it up earlier. I will let any non subscribers know when it is up by posting in here.

Hello there ppl, its finally Friday!!! Woop

Here is the video that shows the difference between fighting with 1k expertise compared to 2018 exp.

Hope you like it and the editing I put in to it to make it a little different. Enjoy and subscribe if you havnt already

I just wanted to say thanks, Quinan and the others who contributed to this thread. Thanks to you guys, I got 162 gear, with 148 offhand and a 162 hilt, 148 mod/enhancement main hand and have now full 2018 expertise. I'm ready to grind my pvp-gear.

Thumbs up to you all.

I just wanted to say thanks, Quinan and the others who contributed to this thread. Thanks to you guys, I got 162 gear, with 148 offhand and a 162 hilt, 148 mod/enhancement main hand and have now full 2018 expertise. I'm ready to grind my pvp-gear.

Thumbs up to you all.

Your very welcome mate. I'm glad it had at least helped a few ppl to understand how important it is to bolster correctly. Enjoy the grind :)

It is a really good idea. I will see what I can put together for it. You say Makeb bolsters you IcyKill? I will go there to duel then. Should be a good experiment. May even do it over the weekend if I have time.

But wouldn't someone having higher gear make a bigger impact and show just how much worse it is to have the wrong PVE gear equiped...

Thumbs up to you all.

Awesome... That's why we contribute... Hope you enjoy your time in pvp

Quinan, great job on that video. Fingers crossed it could be linked in the first post of the Contender series, because it is a must see with the gearing section!

Thanks man. That would be awesome if they did that but I highly doubt they would lol

It pisses me off to see what they've done to lighting/tk ... Pre-3.0 you could dish out around 30k damage in 4.5 seconds, you could almost global anyone if the target and healer didnt expect it. In return, you had to stand still and use long cast spells in front of everyone, which was very dangerous. It was the high risk high reward spec, *********** deadly if played well. Now it's just a stupid spec for dummies who couldnt play it properly before 3.0.... smfh

nice vid tho ;)

It pisses me off to see what they've done to lighting/tk ... Pre-3.0 you could dish out around 30k damage in 4.5 seconds, you could almost global anyone if the target and healer didnt expect it. In return, you had to stand still and use long cast spells in front of everyone, which was very dangerous. It was the high risk high reward spec, *********** deadly if played well. Now it's just a stupid spec for dummies who couldnt play it properly before 3.0.... smfh

nice vid tho ;)

Haha I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult of playing a noob character lol

I only returned to SWTOR at 3.0 so not sure what it was like prior.

I think I will choose..... compliment :)

Haha I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult of playing a noob character lol

I only returned to SWTOR at 3.0 so not sure what it was like prior.

I think I will choose..... compliment :)

OK lol sorry for that, i guess i was too tired to notice this, but i was actually posting in the wrong thread !! :confused::confused::confused:

Major fail lol, i was actually referring to this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=799128 your other vid...

And i was just stating my general feelings about this spec, no insults were intended, my apologies :)

Edited by starcckwalker

OK lol sorry for that, i guess i was too tired to notice this, but i was actually posting in the wrong thread !! :confused::confused::confused:

Major fail lol, i was actually referring to this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=799128 your other vid...

And i was just stating my general feelings about this spec, no insults were intended, my apologies :)

ahhhhh lol no worries dude, no insults were taken :)

Quinan, great job on that video. Fingers crossed it could be linked in the first post of the Contender series, because it is a must see with the gearing section!

Well dude I got the videos added on to the 1st page of the contender post :) along with IcyKill's thread on the subject too :D

I liked, commented, subscribed, and generally sent hugs and and emoticons for this information. Without this thread, actually a link you provided in another thread, I would have been "that player" that would have hurt my team and my own progress into a new area of the game for me, PvP. Cheers and thanks.

I liked, commented, subscribed, and generally sent hugs and and emoticons for this information. Without this thread, actually a link you provided in another thread, I would have been "that player" that would have hurt my team and my own progress into a new area of the game for me, PvP. Cheers and thanks.

Your very welcome mate, im glad to help. Thanks so much for the like and sub also man it really means a lot :D

Really awesome thread and video(s) - I watched the bolster and the duel this afternoon before leaving work. Enjoyed it greatly, and man, you definitely helped my understanding of bolster (if it's possible to understand lol). One thing I would like to clarify with you is the gear makeup for bolstering while farming pvp gear...I think I have it, but want to be sure.

So you go 162 in all armor, implant and the ear slots...correct? Then, is it MH/OH with 162 barrel/armor/hilt + a blue 148 mod and a 162 enhancement? Lastly, I'm not clear on the relics - should those be pre 3.0 relics or would green Ruusan work?

I tried a few things without understanding the gear setup 100% - used all 162's and the Rakghoul legacy relics, and I was still a bit short of 2018...but I also think that's because I didn't swap mods in my MH / OH, and I forgot to see which crystals I was using. But at the same time, I'm not completely sure.

Thanks again - really appreciate the post...helpful for those of us who want to dabble with pvp, but don't want to make complete derps of ourselves :) Take care and cheers!

Really awesome thread and video(s) - I watched the bolster and the duel this afternoon before leaving work. Enjoyed it greatly, and man, you definitely helped my understanding of bolster (if it's possible to understand lol). One thing I would like to clarify with you is the gear makeup for bolstering while farming pvp gear...I think I have it, but want to be sure.

So you go 162 in all armor, implant and the ear slots...correct? Then, is it MH/OH with 162 barrel/armor/hilt + a blue 148 mod and a 162 enhancement? Lastly, I'm not clear on the relics - should those be pre 3.0 relics or would green Ruusan work?

I tried a few things without understanding the gear setup 100% - used all 162's and the Rakghoul legacy relics, and I was still a bit short of 2018...but I also think that's because I didn't swap mods in my MH / OH, and I forgot to see which crystals I was using. But at the same time, I'm not completely sure.

Thanks again - really appreciate the post...helpful for those of us who want to dabble with pvp, but don't want to make complete derps of ourselves :) Take care and cheers!

You nearly have it right... You need 148 mods and enhancements in you MH / OH... Any relics will do as long as the slots are filled... Also don't equip expertise crystats in PVE weapons... Just have a normal power, Crit or endurance one

Have a look at this thread too... RANDLE has recently updated it... And both Quinans and my gearing threads are linked there too... So it is easy to find all the info you need

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

Alternatively my thread is linked in my signature

Awesome, thanks Icykill! Appreciate the clarification and reading the thread you linked now.

/me sends you both many beers (or bevs of choice) :)

Regards!

lol I loves myself a beer so I shall take it :)

Yes it is crazily stupid to understand this silly system but good to know mine and IcyKill's thread have helped you and many others understand it. Have fun not getting mashed up lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so on my 57 Sentinel I have 162 rating in all armor, earpiece, implants, and relics save for my pants, boots, and main hand weapon, which I reduced to 148. I weigh in at 1956 expertise or so in WZ's. Is it the 148 mods that are messing me up? No screen shot available. My apologies. Fairly baffled by it. Getting 2018 expertise in the 10-29 bracket is easy cheesy, but this has me perplexed.

Icykill, I feel your pain. I have been harping at people in WZ's, politely, to get ALL their slots filled to get that max expertise and 99% of them either have no idea what I mean or simply don't care.

Edited by Volthammer

The thing that vexes me about this is issue, is when I see people in PvE gear and try to tell them, very nicely, how to use bolster properly, they ignore me and some even argue against me. Its like they think I'm trying to troll them, or they just think I'm crazy.

I think these situations really exemplify how esoteric the bolster system is. Even for me, being a nerdy numbers guy, it took me awhile to wrap my head around the way bolster/expertise works in this game.

I don't expect Bioware to do anything, they have clearly shown us that PvP is in maintenance mode, lets just hope they don't break things any further.

Edited by KevinQCowart