Power and WIllpower.

vvov

Will it hurt me at all if I split overkill power augments with Resolve willpower augments? I only ask because I had 7 purple powers..and resolve purples are cheaper atm..so i kinda went 7 and 7.

Nope, differences are very small between the 2 with Power giving slightly more bonus damage and Willpower giving less bonus damage, but a little crit. The reason people say Power > Mainstat is because you can easily hit diminishing returns on crit with a few mods/enhancements of crit so going power is better for more bonus damage.

In the end, the differences are very small, so unless you're a bleeding edge raider or someone who has to min/max to the very last drop, it won't make much of a difference.

Nope, differences are very small between the 2 with Power giving slightly more bonus damage and Willpower giving less bonus damage, but a little crit. The reason people say Power > Mainstat is because you can easily hit diminishing returns on crit with a few mods/enhancements of crit so going power is better for more bonus damage.

In the end, the differences are very small, so unless you're a bleeding edge raider or someone who has to min/max to the very last drop, it won't make much of a difference.

crit diminishing return from mainstat has nothing to do with crit diminishing return from crit rating. Nevertheless, at current gear level (BiS198), mainstat takes the upper hand (but very very very marginal). The break even point, which makes power stronger than mainstat, is at ~6000 mainstat.

Power vs Main stat is a little different but not much....

Power gives .23 damage per point. That is flat and you will never see diminishing returns on Power.

Main Stat gives .20 damage per point and a marginal crit rating. If you were to put 14 Willpower augs in your gear you would have about 1.4-1.5% extra crit. The DR for crit rating may not impede the Main stat crit DR but there is a rule of thumb here....

If you have 1-2 abilities that run on an auto-crit timer(Marauder smash, Operative 6-piece damage or 2 piece operative healer set, etc) the you can effectively ignore ALL crit rating. That doesn't mean take 100% of it out of your gear but if you hit ~22-23% crit with the Agent buff then you should be right as rain. This will allow you to put more points into surge(which will only start to be very un-worth-it at around 74%) and alacrity which will help your damage more than crit(by a LONG SHOT)

Basically auto-crits and reliance on crits will influence your choice a lot but MOST classes can run full power augments and come out on top. You get 17 extra damage for 14 power augs vs 1.4% extra crit for 14 main stat augs. The difference is minimal for augments BUT min-max you gear with power wherever you can and those auto-crits will hurt more and so will everything else.

Also with the loss of ALL main stat buffers in talent trees, the only one that remains is the Sorcerer buff and that's factored into the 1.4% crit. You still get more out of power.

Edited by Vakyoom

Power vs Main stat is a little different but not much....

Power gives .23 damage per point. That is flat and you will never see diminishing returns on Power.

Main Stat gives .20 damage per point and a marginal crit rating. If you were to put 14 Willpower augs in your gear you would have about 1.4-1.5% extra crit. The DR for crit rating may not impede the Main stat crit DR but there is a rule of thumb here....

If you have 1-2 abilities that run on an auto-crit timer(Marauder smash, Operative 6-piece damage or 2 piece operative healer set, etc) the you can effectively ignore ALL crit rating. That doesn't mean take 100% of it out of your gear but if you hit ~22-23% crit with the Agent buff then you should be right as rain. This will allow you to put more points into surge(which will only start to be very un-worth-it at around 74%) and alacrity which will help your damage more than crit(by a LONG SHOT)

Basically auto-crits and reliance on crits will influence your choice a lot but MOST classes can run full power augments and come out on top. You get 17 extra damage for 14 power augs vs 1.4% extra crit for 14 main stat augs. The difference is minimal for augments BUT min-max you gear with power wherever you can and those auto-crits will hurt more and so will everything else.

Also with the loss of ALL main stat buffers in talent trees, the only one that remains is the Sorcerer buff and that's factored into the 1.4% crit. You still get more out of power.

some weeks ago i have calculated (with my personal excel tool), that mainstat is at current maximum gear level a little in front of power. The sim dps sheet from pelara confirmed this.

Its a big mistake to look only at the dr to make a decision which stat is stronger or weaker, you have always to compare.