Pure range DPS ?

Falados

Not sure the question here, entirely.

Are BH good dps? Absolutely.

Are BH fun to play? Absolutely. Get to level 10, DFA a group of non-elites and you realize how fun it's going to be.

Do the BH have low downtime? Absolutely. Our first companion is a healer. Most BH use her forever (level 36 here and still have her out) she spams the hell out of her heals. As long as you can manage your heat, you can practically chain pull.

Some people don't like how the main dps spec is completely missile based, but a Unload is so much fun to watch, that I don't mind.

I wouldn't say more effective and faster levelling. You will level based on the amount of time you play and what you do with it. There is low down time, but I don't really know of any class with much of a downtime since we all have that out of combat heal.

Basically, the Merc is a ranged DPS whose first companion is a healer, which does help significantly with quests. They are not perfect, but they are extremely fun. The only thing more fun than setting up chain AoEs with Fusion Missile and Sweeping Blasters is Death From Above.

The only thing more fun than spamming Pew Pewing with Tracer Missile is following up your Tracer Missile with a ridiculous Unload or an instant Rail Shot.

Even if an enemy manages to get close to us, Rocket Punch animation makes me smile every single time.

Sometimes I will just run up to a group of enemies on a bridge and Jet Boost them off because I don't feel like dealing with them.

The class is full of fun and enjoyment.

Even if an enemy manages to get close to us, Rocket Punch animation makes me smile every single time.

Whenever I'm running up to an enemy with around 10% health and use rocket punch, I yell out "FALCON PUNCH." With the Arsenal talent that makes them fly 10 feet back, it always brings a grin to my face.

Whenever I'm running up to an enemy with around 10% health and use rocket punch, I yell out "FALCON PUNCH." With the Arsenal talent that makes them fly 10 feet back, it always brings a grin to my face.

Lol yea I love it. It's my favorite animation. It just makes me feel supremely powerful, I have loved since I saw the BH progression trailor when the Merc Rocket Punches that huge monster at the end.

whats the best tree for PVE dps anyway?

I haven't given the pyro tree a try yet, but arsenal and mako has allowed me to consistently take down equal level elites and champions with relative ease, even with up to 2 strong npc adds.

At level 33 I use the following build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300ZMIkroMdkk.1

My projected 50 build would be:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkroMdRkfzZcM.1

Without any experience playing under a Pyrotech build, this could be good for pve:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMcZcIRbzGhrs.1