The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Disney Canon

ZetaZoran

While I can't say much for anything that happens before the movies, I tend to think that all the EU things that happen after Episode 6 are still cannon in their own right. Even though it may be a bit blasphemous I'm going the Star Trek route with this one and saying alternate realities. In one version is the reality that Disney is crafting now, in another is what we've seen growing up with the EU. This way I can still appreciate the history that we've seen in the books while giving the new timeline a chance to not ruin my childhood. Honestly it would probably be a good move for Disney if they said this. In the end it would just give them more content to work with. They could keep the movies happening in their newly created timeline while writing books and games in both.

Well to a big extent they said just that. All they said was that the old books are the alternate universe and new books will be part of the new Canon. Why did they say this? Just look at all of the silly debates around here arguing what is and what is not C-Canon? Did the novelization contradict the movie (G-Canon) or didn't it? The "Faithfuloriginamne Canon...period. Heck I have a friend raging over Abrams being selected. Why? The primary reason is that even the worst written piece of the Original Star Trek is by definition better than the best written by Abrams because even at it worst the original had those moments when the Utopian ideal shone through. The writing from a technical aspect could be down right atrocious in old Star Trek, and the writing of Abrams could have been Shakespearian but the fact it went a little darker and expressed a believe that any appearance of a Utopia is simply a facade was wrong. When I said I agreed he actually said that showed I was morally evil.

Alternate Universe or know some of the faithful will RAGE.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic