Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I grouped my jugg to 55, but I want know know, whats the fastest way to get him to 60

Letsjet

been a guard(juggernaut) since early release. haven't been as involved in the new patch, but they honestly haven't changed much. if anything, they have gotten easier.

if you don't have the additional companions (treek), get Doc, gear him up the kazoo, spec vigilance, and your golden. guard has almost no self heals....unless you pick up a comp that has them, eventually you have to slow down to recover. I leveled my toons back when juggs/guards were the underdog, and did fine. right now they're in a much better spot. get the rotation down, learn how to maximize your skill dispersal, and you'll be fine. Example:

group of 3 mobs, one silver: don't gun down the silver first. leap in, smash (stuns them) target a weak mob first, take them down. I'll even wait on my smash until my healing comp pulls a mob due to healing aggro (you'd be amazed at how long a healing comp can tank a mob). use your stuns and interrupts to take down the weak mobs first...they die fast. learn to recognize when a 2-3k hit is overkill on a mob that has 300 health...hit the guy next to him with the 3k attack, and then finish the first guy off with an auto attack (or smash if it's CD is up).

small things like that make a big difference on a guard/jugg. you don't have the luxury of healing damage dealt, so you have to be a bit more careful with controlling who does damage to you. but if done right, the guard jugg can rip through mobs pretty fast. mazimize your spec bonuses....as an example, for vigilance, use your master strike often and early...it will reset fast, so no reason to hold onto it.

On my guardian, i actually ran with the ship droid as my main companion up until i got Doc...it's heals were enough until the 30's to keep me up (it really starts to fall behind in the early 30's). but IMO healing comp is best comp for guard/jugg for overall efficiency. you can use anything really (I have), but if your looking for a smooth and efficient leveling process with minimal downtime, go vigilance/vengeance and a healing comp, you wont be disappointed.

Edited by Elyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.