Energy Redoubt Questions

Obsinius

Periodically Energy Rebounder can proc the effect "Energy Redoubt" that absorbs damage. The amount is listed as "low amount of damage". First of all I'm tired of useless tool tips, and also what is that amount? Has anyone researched this?

I wouldn't mind knowing this, either. I mostly PVP, so it seems like it would be a worthwhile ability to get your shield back sooner (particularly since I have lower level utility points in the shield for when it is up), and it would be nice to know how much a help this small shield is. Forced March is almost a lock for PVP, so I do wonder if I'm better off going Shock Absorbers or Reflexive Shield for the other Heroic.

It averages around 700 points of absorption for me in 174 PvP gear. It seems "a low ammount of damage" may be around 10% of a "moderate ammount of damage" but I could easily be mistaken there (would have to check ability coefficients); however, the difference between the two ammounts is very large. Edited by MiaowZedong

I want to say it absorbs around 700 - 1.2k depending on gear. But I agree, I would like these absorption based talents and abilities to outright say how much they absorb for, Especially Shield Probe and Static Barrier.

It's something I'd like for all the classes--there's way too much that is dependent on players to figure out what things like Shield Probe or Blade Barrier (whatever the shield is Guardians get) absorb. It should be sharp and clear from the tooltip, and nothing this would it make it easier on the devs and players to know how it's supposed to work and be sure it's working as designed.

For a level 60 character, Energy Redoubt absorbs up to 0.58 * Bonus Healing + 421. This is not much, about 1300 in 192-198 gear without an active Relic. And, because it's an absorb, it can't crit. Edited by Orderken

Okay, 1300 damage absorbed every 10 seconds? Well, Ruusan Relic of Reactive Warding procs a shield that absorbs 1520 damage every 40 seconds, and that's generally considered to be useful for a tank, right? (I know that tanks benefit from greater mitigation, so the damage absorbed does make a substantial difference to their overall DtPS.) The shield may absorb only a fairly small amount, but the rate limit is very short, and it DOES add up.

I agree though that the greater appeal of Energy Rebounder is in the cooldown reduction on Reactive Shield. In fights where you're taking unavoidable damage a lot of the time (such as Annihilation Droid XRR-3, Titan 6, and Malaphar the Savage to name a few), you can have very good uptime on it. (Maximum uptime is 30%, if you're being attacked every 1.5s exactly.)

Edited by venomlash

Okay, 1300 damage absorbed every 10 seconds? Well, Ruusan Relic of Reactive Warding procs a shield that absorbs 1520 damage every 40 seconds, and that's generally considered to be useful for a tank, right?

And if a tank could take it they would because it would always be useful for a tank.

The word situational would be needed for anyone else taking it. Uncontrolled and weak damage sponging plus a shield cd reducer.

Edited by Gyronamics