Is it possible to explore the planet Yavin4 if I’m not following the Revan Storyline?

quinn_shandess

I’m a Level 58 Trooper Vanguard, and by choice I haven’t been following the “Shadow of Revan” Storyline or Missions. Is there any way to still explore the planet Yavin 4 at will? I’ve been allowed to explore two out of three islands on the planet Rishi thus far, but Yavin 4 restricts me to the immediate vicinity of the landing area, and the surrounding terrain looks very inviting for exploring and adventuring.

I’m not following the Revan storyline because I made the mistake of watching the “spoiler” videos on Youtube, and the premise was not all that appealing to me. I may still choose the Revan missions later, if I feel like so doing. Bioware has encouraged players to adventure in and explore any areas of planets that they have not encountered previously. I’m wondering why Yavin 4 was excluded from this very welcome suggestion.

I’m not following the Revan storyline because I made the mistake of watching the “spoiler” videos on Youtube, and the premise was not all that appealing to me. I may still choose the Revan missions later, if I feel like so doing. Bioware has encouraged players to adventure in and explore any areas of planets that they have not encountered previously. I’m wondering why Yavin 4 was excluded from this very welcome suggestion.

Is there some reason you need this question answered? Why not just fly your character to Yavin and see?

I guess you didn’t read my original post, where I indicated that I had indeed gone to Yavin 4, but was restricted from traveling outside the immediate locale of the landing area. That jungle/forested area surrounding the camp looked very inviting to me, and was beckoning to be explored, but there were no paths leading outside the landing area that I could find, or that were indicated on the map. I’m hopeful there’s a workaround, or that Bioware will build a path for us and set us free to roam the entire planet.

I guess you didn’t read my original post, where I indicated that I had indeed gone to Yavin 4, but was restricted from traveling outside the immediate locale of the landing area. That jungle/forested area surrounding the camp looked very inviting to me, and was beckoning to be explored, but there were no paths leading outside the landing area that I could find, or that were indicated on the map. I’m hopeful there’s a workaround, or that Bioware will build a path for us and set us free to roam the entire planet.

did you attempt to talk to the taxi droid? there is not direct way into the jungle from a landing pad, you have to use a taxi to get to the next explorable area.

also, if I remember correctly - third Rishi Island is actualy a flashpoint.

I guess you didn’t read my original post, where I indicated that I had indeed gone to Yavin 4, but was restricted from traveling outside the immediate locale of the landing area.

Then you pretty much answered your own question, which makes me wonder why you even posted in the first place.