Sage DPS goals

Ruuhk

So as I understand there are some output differences between sage dps and sorc dps due to a few ability differences, as well as the 4 set bonus loss.

Right now I am struggling to maintain a decent 1M parse number. My average is about 4.2-4.3, with a high point being about 4.5.

Avg APM is 38 I believe.

Stat wise I am in 198s/192s, with Power Augments, 6-set bonus

WP: 3723

Acc: 100.05

Crit: 24.06

Surge: 70.34

Ala: 1.58

bonus damage of 2021.

I can post a few pics of parses, but I'm struggling to bring up my numbers. Any thoughts. Following KTap's guide as best I can

Stats wise you look fine for now. I did see an increase when I dropped one surge piece in favour of alacrity (even though it was a low power enhancement). I also had a slight boost by adding 2 alacrity and one surge augment. Overall that gives me about 4% alacrity and 66% surge. I am running a high crit build though and need to drop some for power.

Without a parse it's hard to say what's keeping your numbers down (I think you should be averaging in the 4.4-4.5 region with highs of 4.6) . However, your apm does look a bit low. Are you using quake a lot in your rotation? To compare, although I have 4% alacrity, my apm sits around 43.5 with quake and around 46 without.

AFAIK for what you posted, your APM is very low. My average APM without Force Speed Instant Casts is a 41 to 42. If I push it I get close to 44. Your 38, assuming no Force Speed instant casts, is behind mine by 4. If you bring that up, your average should be around a 4.5k

Stats:

http://i.imgur.com/rdcNDzX.png

Parse 1

http://i.imgur.com/sPEy0Hv.png

Parse 2

http://i.imgur.com/58eOAuA.png

Yes I agree my APM is low, but I guess I don't understand how to increase my APM.. Click faster? I'm already banging away at my keys as the GCD flash comes down to try to make the timings tight.

one things that I do think about from time to time, using the priority systems as I get further into a fight, is it better to use the highest available ability immediately, or would it be better to wait 0.2, or 0.4 seconds for a higher one (like Turbulence, or Gust) ?

The rule of thumb I work with is always be casting. One of my guildies told me that and it seems to work. If I'm waiting for something to come off CD then I'll use a filler. I do sometimes find that a TK wave price before Turbulence, but ultimately as long as the proc is used and the priority system is observed, I don't think (although I could be wrong) it's a dps loss.

Concerning your apm, what window length have you got the game set to accept key presses in? I use 10 meaning I'm pretty much already queuing the next ability (taking into account lag) as soon as I start casting the first. When you say wait for the GCD to flash, do you mean for it to finish or for the bar to start going down?

Edited by ChroniKill

Watching the flash for me means seeing the bar go down, and pre-pressing before it gets to the bottom.

I've set up some new hotkey assignments for my OCDs, so I'm going to play around with them to see if that can help.

An annoyance I've found is sometimes I am quicker than the buff for Force Potency, and once charge gets eaten by Turbulence, any way around that other than to click a hair slower?

An annoyance I've found is sometimes I am quicker than the buff for Force Potency, and once charge gets eaten by Turbulence, any way around that other than to click a hair slower?

It happens with Sage sometimes (I've done it on Sorc as well but it's much more rare).

You could save your Force Potency for after an instant, like Gust or a procced Burst, and hit Potency after the damage / during the gcd.

You'd still be able to fit the Wave and Forcequake in before Turbulence comes back.

Edited by KTap