Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

modifiable gear

Mishaman

So, total newbie here. i am level 12 now and from what I've been reading so far I keep hearing about modifiable gear.

At this point I only have an "orange" quality lightsaber that has slots for upgrades in it.

So, is there an armor I could get that has slots in it a s well so I can keep upgrading it over time to keep up as I level ? If so, where can i get it ? Can I buy it, build it or get it as a quest reward ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

So, total newbie here. i am level 12 now and from what I've been reading so far I keep hearing about modifiable gear.

At this point I only have an "orange" quality lightsaber that has slots for upgrades in it.

So, is there an armor I could get that has slots in it a s well so I can keep upgrading it over time to keep up as I level ? If so, where can i get it ? Can I buy it, build it or get it as a quest reward ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can certainly buy it and pick it up as loot while doing a quest. I think that you can also craft your own orange armor and weapons. It becomes more common as you level up so just keep an eye out for it.

Each of the commendations vendors for each planet usually has at least one piece of orange gear for you to buy. For example, one vendor has all the various chest pieces for light, medium and heavy, then the next planet vendor has all the gloves, etc. By the time you are ready to leave a planet, you should have a nice little pile of commendations to go buy stuff with before you head to your next planet.

yes you can buy build or quest for orange gear. check the cantinas as some of them have social vendors (but have a requirement for social to use and male or female). check the galactic trade networks (GTN), run flashpoints until they drop, or you can trade in commendations for them.

for myself I keep the social gear fully upgraded with the best mods and enhancements that I can get and find myself keeping them over green or blue gear. seems to work great for light armor, not sure how well it works for medium and heavy armor wearing classes, but you can acquire light, medium, or heavy armor that's orange so it all works out :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.