Super Serious Solo Queue Starfighter Saturday on The Bastion, February 28th

Drakkolich

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool to do the next SS night with Strikes & T3 bombers only. Thoughts? Would Clarion/Imperium dominate too much?

No, you would probably see Starguards and Pikes preform all right in that group, but matches would be SO SLOW...... I dont think that is what people want.

Also wanted to chime in and thank Drak for organizing...I had a good time. I stupidly kept forgetting which upgrades I had on my GS, i.e. initiating a GS duel and reflexively hitting 2 only to realize my T0 feedback shields weren't going to be of much use. But all things considered, it was fun, and while I think I was only on the winning end 1 or 2 times (and died...uh, a lot), several of the matches were competitive and entertaining.

On the good side, I was able to get the weekly done and had enough req to finally get my shields in order...so next time I won't appear to be such an idiot. Well...I hope, lol.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Flying pubside, I only fought against serious Imperials once. The rest were Republic wargames. They were good wargames, and the teams got shuffled a couple of times, which was nice.

If we do this again, can we do it on The Bastion again? I'd rather not level up another alt on another server.

Flying pubside, I only fought against serious Imperials once. The rest were Republic wargames. They were good wargames, and the teams got shuffled a couple of times, which was nice.

If we do this again, can we do it on The Bastion again? I'd rather not level up another alt on another server.

Nemsy, in case you hadn't noticed, all of the true Super Serious nights are on Bastion. ;)

It's only the nomadic semi-super, semi-serious nights that visit other servers. :D

EDIT - And I think there's only been the 1 of those 2nd types, and it was on TEH back in like November or something. :eek:

Edited by nyghtrunner

Matches from
. Lots of tough ones, but lots of fun.

Hey nice videos! It looks like from the games you aren't very comfortable on a Gunship, is that just a lack of experience? I have a lot of feedback that could help let me know if you want it here or in a PM if you do want it at all :p

I have a few Bomber ui tips to help you out as well.

- If you make the icons above your ships health really big it's much nicer to see what mines you still have active. This also works on enemy buffs to see when they deploy there mines.

- Making the mini map bigger really helps figure out where to go on a Bomber.

- I saw you pressing Escape to type or check beacon timers, you can just hold "Z" to unlock the mouse from the reticule.

- If you change your ground UI to cooldown text active you get numbers on top of the scrolling white thingy on your abilities to help you tell exactly when your cooldowns are back up. This is very handy for precisely timing alternating mines as you know exactly when you hit 7 seconds left on either mine. ( To change it Preference > User Interface > "Click Show cooldown text") Screenshot for clarity

Anyways I have more stuffs if you want it just don't want to be a pest. :)

Still great flying and thanks for the videos!

Edited by Drakkolich

Hey nice videos! It looks like from the games you aren't very comfortable on a Gunship, is that just a lack of experience? I have a lot of feedback that could help let me know if you want it here or in a PM if you do want it at all :p

I have a few Bomber ui tips to help you out as well.

- If you make the icons above your ships health really big it's much nicer to see what mines you still have active. This also works on enemy buffs to see when they deploy there mines.

- Making the mini map bigger really helps figure out where to go on a Bomber.

- I saw you pressing Escape to type or check beacon timers, you can just hold "Z" to unlock the mouse from the reticule.

- If you change your ground UI to cooldown text active you get numbers on top of the scrolling white thingy on your abilities to help you tell exactly when your cooldowns are back up. This is very handy for precisely timing alternating mines as you know exactly when you hit 7 seconds left on either mine. ( To change it Preference > User Interface > "Click Show cooldown text") Screenshot for clarity

Anyways I have more stuffs if you want it just don't want to be a pest. :)

Still great flying and thanks for the videos!

I don't get out in a gunship much, I guess you noticed lol. I may have 3hrs logged on a GS, maybe. Usually it's not one of the ships that my team needs to fly so I only play it once in a great while. For SSSQ, I threw what req I had into a Mangler since I thought sniper wars may come up (zero tier ions, zero tier burst, etc, I had a well upgraded slug though). I'll throw you a PM and we can discuss.

Thanks for the UI tips, making the icons bigger should help, I have the cooldown text enabled on my main toon, never changed it on my Bastion one, idk why. Thanks for watching

Edited by SWCNT