How does one learn the schematics for purple level 37 armor mods and armoring?

DudeSweat

By making green mods and RE'ing them to learn the blue schematic, and then making blues and RE'ing them to learn the purple.

For those items you can't get a schematic for, you need to start by RE'ing drops, or mods you extract from drops, or items you buy off the GTN. (Make sure the item has a possibility to learn a new schematic before you RE it. - It will give a percentage chance if you hover over it when in RE mode.)

Edited by JediQuaker

By making green mods and RE'ing them to learn the blue schematic, and then making blues and RE'ing them to learn the purple.

For those items you can't get a schematic for, you need to start by RE'ing drops, or mods you extract from drops, or items you buy off the GTN. (Make sure the item has a possibility to learn a new schematic before you RE it. - It will give a percentage chance if you hover over it when in RE mode.)

I've REd so much it's crazy. You can't RE however a purple 36 to get a purple 37 which is what I'm asking how to craft. And to buy one 37 armoring mod on the gtn is laughable. 1.9 million? Nope.

run SM operations, win the gear, and RE until the schematics are learned.

alternately, purchase items off the GTN, and RE until the schematics are learned.

What is SM operations? I don't normally do operations.

Thanks for the info by the way.

So to learn, say, an armoring, I rip the armoring from the piece and then RE it? What level gear do we look for to get the 37's, 192?

You can't reach 192 (level 37 mods), by reverse engineering anything. Can't be done. Level 36 (186), yes because the trainer teaches that. Then you RE the mods and you get purples...eventually.

You can't reach 192 (level 37 mods), by reverse engineering anything. Can't be done. Level 36 (186), yes because the trainer teaches that. Then you RE the mods and you get purples...eventually.

So to learn, say, an armoring, I rip the armoring from the piece and then RE it? What level gear do we look for to get the 37's, 192?

let me start from the basics. Armor progression is based on the level of content you will encounter. right now 36 (186) gear is the "basic" comm level and is available from crafters or vendors. This armor is basically used for dailies and low level content. This would be hardmode flashpoints, and or Operations (right now Ravegers and ToS).

In side these you will gain the next level of gear (elite) currently 37 (192). This gear can be purchased via elite comms from vendors, or dropped in operations (Ravegers and ToS) this gear will be usefull in the next level of progression which is hardmode operations. Operatations will drop more optimized stats and better versions of mods/enhancements. Vendors sell less optimized and lower quality stats on their mods. Both are craftable, it will just depend on which schematic you want to learn.

For weapons, vendors will only sell offhand version of barrels/hilts. Operations will drop the main hand versions, those two are not interchangeable and an offhand schematic will not work in a main hand slot (the exception is might hilts since the sabers are both main/offhand).

So in order to craft the 192 level gear you need to a) run HM/Tactical flashpoints for the comms/drops to either purchase the gear (and remove the mods/armoring/enhancements hilts/barrels) to RE and learn the schematic (they have a 20% chance) b) you can run the SM operations win the kits and purchase the more optimized version of the item from the vendor and then pull the mods/armoring/enhancements hilts/barrels) for a 20% chance of learning the schematic.

If you are not successful on learning it, you will have to run the operation again for a chance to win the drop, for a chance to learn the schematic (needing on an item just to learn the schematic is considered bad practice). Just an FYI, the materials for crafting those items, also only drop from Operations.

The intent is, if you are not running operations you really have no need for higher level/BiS gear.

let me start from the basics. Armor progression is based on the level of content you will encounter. right now 36 (186) gear is the "basic" comm level and is available from crafters or vendors. This armor is basically used for dailies and low level content. This would be hardmode flashpoints, and or Operations (right now Ravegers and ToS).

In side these you will gain the next level of gear (elite) currently 37 (192). This gear can be purchased via elite comms from vendors, or dropped in operations (Ravegers and ToS) this gear will be usefull in the next level of progression which is hardmode operations. Operatations will drop more optimized stats and better versions of mods/enhancements. Vendors sell less optimized and lower quality stats on their mods. Both are craftable, it will just depend on which schematic you want to learn.

For weapons, vendors will only sell offhand version of barrels/hilts. Operations will drop the main hand versions, those two are not interchangeable and an offhand schematic will not work in a main hand slot (the exception is might hilts since the sabers are both main/offhand).

So in order to craft the 192 level gear you need to a) run HM/Tactical flashpoints for the comms/drops to either purchase the gear (and remove the mods/armoring/enhancements hilts/barrels) to RE and learn the schematic (they have a 20% chance) b) you can run the SM operations win the kits and purchase the more optimized version of the item from the vendor and then pull the mods/armoring/enhancements hilts/barrels) for a 20% chance of learning the schematic.

If you are not successful on learning it, you will have to run the operation again for a chance to win the drop, for a chance to learn the schematic (needing on an item just to learn the schematic is considered bad practice). Just an FYI, the materials for crafting those items, also only drop from Operations.

The intent is, if you are not running operations you really have no need for higher level/BiS gear.

Thanks a TON for the information! I knew operations and flashpoints were valuable (I've done a few), but not this valuable.

Thanks again!