The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Collection system for decorations

My suggestion is to add a collection system for decorations or add a Tab/Section for them on the collections window.

I suggest this because when packs get removed you cant get more decorations from them unless you get them from gtn (where prices reach the sky the day after the pack is removed) or if the pack is returned on a later date.

In the meantime you may have need to add another table, ceiling light or furniture to your house but you cant. This is where the collection system comes in.

Of course It wouldn't work as it is with other items that you unlock them and you get copies for free, for collections it would work if we get a price focused on the size of the decoration we want (small, medium, large, centerpiece, etc.) like 50cc for small, 120cc for medium, 200cc for large, 400cc for centerpiece.

And we get to pay that fee each time and for each copy of that decoration we want.

This way we have another way to keep getting decorations we need to fill our homes and we add more options to spend Cartel Coins at.

• 1 month later...
I thought your prices were high...and then you said per piece. That's just too much. Especially since you have to get the item through normal means first. But beside that, I want decorations in collections. I do agree they could [should? I won't insist :)] have a cc unlock price and was also thinking it would be higher for centerpiece items. But anyway, just wanted to show my support of this idea.

• 2 months later...

lol prestige score wat? Talk about a completely useless score that has no meaning whatsoever in the game.

A charge for each copy you make of a stronghold item you already have in your collection would be a good way for BW to make extra cash, and a good way to make housing items obtainable, because they are too hard now to get a hold of to decorate more than one place the way I'd love to be able to. Let me give you more money, BW!

i do think items no longer available from extinct pack should be attainable one way or the other.

either a collections or expand the cartell certificate vendor to include them as it can mean its impossible to get them now.

i do think items no longer available from extinct pack should be attainable one way or the other.

either a collections or expand the cartell certificate vendor to include them as it can mean its impossible to get them now.

That's a good idea too. Either Cartel Coins for each copy made of something you already have in collection, or Cartel Certifications. That might even sell them more packs, from people trying to grab the Certs.

• 3 weeks later...
To many posts about I want this, I want that, no wonder why people don't buy stuff anymore for what there truly worth lol, if you can't offered something just wait till the packs come back during a small window and buy them once they hit the GTN or buy them with CC's like everyone else Edited by Theeko

To many posts about I want this, I want that, no wonder why people don't buy stuff anymore for what there truly worth lol, if you can't offered something just wait till the packs come back during a small window and buy them once they hit the GTN or buy them with CC's like everyone else

You say that cuz you are not in need some of an old chair, rug or other furniture that was removed around 4 or 5 packs ago and the only ones you can find (and that only if you can still find them) are more than a million credits on GTN per piece.

Yeah, I might not need any but doesn't mean I didn't shell out tons of creds to buy what I have, so if you really want something save up for it and if not then so be it. Just wait till the pack comes around next time and wait till the price drops again.

• 4 weeks later...
A collection option would really help. A lot of people don't really seem to fuss with the strongholds at all, which I can understand. Some of the cartel decorations are quite rare and cost a lot of cash or credits, and if the decorator wants multiple statues or etc, they have to buy another one. Compared to the other cartel items, it is more money for less ease of use. I mean I got the Descendant's Heirloom Saber awhile back for about 500 CC, and then paid only a small fee to unlock the collection, and pretty much all my characters use it. Whereas the small statue of ancient horror would have cost around that same amount, and would have just given the one item that no one would even really see.

• 7 months later...

I would like to see decorations added to collections if for no other reason than to easily see what's new with each pack. I don't even care if I can unlock them. I just want to know what I'm missing.

I have to go to another website to figure this out or comb through every category on the broker and hope new stuff is for sale. Surely there is a better way to see what I'm missing? It can't be slogging through the bulky decorations interface.

IMO if I could find a list of every decoration, per pack, in-game, it would drive sales of packs, not compete with them. Why make it harder than it needs to be for decorators to interested in new packs, too?