BiS for Mainhand - PvE Barrel/Hilt

Spiili

I've been curious for a while as to the viability of using a PvE Hilt instead of a PvP hilt, the 68 Expertise drop isn't really too drastic, and in return you gain 200+ Force Power and extra stat gains. Anyone actually number crunched this? :p

I've been curious for a while as to the viability of using a PvE Hilt instead of a PvP hilt, the 68 Expertise drop isn't really too drastic, and in return you gain 200+ Force Power and extra stat gains. Anyone actually number crunched this? :p

the bolster system will nerf the rest of the mods in your mainhand if you mix PvE mods, and Expertise mods in the same piece of gear. the extra stat gains you see are being nerfed incredibly by the bolster system while in PvP, its not worth it. use a pvp barrel.

the bolster system will nerf the rest of the mods in your mainhand if you mix PvE mods, and Expertise mods in the same piece of gear. the extra stat gains you see are being nerfed incredibly by the bolster system while in PvP, its not worth it. use a pvp barrel.

In all fairness, I'm in the lower tear 'Exhumed' gear, fully geared - bar PvE Hilt. My stats actually get boosted in Warzones, not deducted, and I'm still on 1950 Expertise.

Bolster gives you the equivalent boost of a 198 tier hilt/barrel if you're wearing proper pvp gear in warzones.

PvE hilts do result in slightly more damage outside of warzones, but they're much worse in warzones due to the expertise loss.