[STARFIGHTER] Sabotage probes still not fixed after more than 6 months

dolfinator

I submitted my first ticket about this bug last summer, after it first occured. I made it clear that this is the most major bug in Galactic Starfighter. I would think it would be fixed by now, but it's not. Since my tickets didn't seem to yield any result, I am creating this thread, hoping it will get noticed.

Sabotage probes are a type of Secondary Weapons (missiles) on some scouts, like for example the NovaDive. After being upgraded to TIER 5, the sabotage probes get bugged and no longer work as intended. I repeat, if they are not upgraded to maximum, they work as intended, but if they are upgraded to maximum, they don't. There is not even a way to go around this bug, since if you have already upgraded them, you can not UNupgrade them. Here are the details.

What they SHOULD be doing: After succesfully hitting their target, sabotage probes should "disable their maneuvering thrusters" for a certain duration. That means the affected ship should be unable to "steer". All it should be able to do is accellerate/decellerate/stop, until the sabotage duration is over. Sabotage charges also deal a small amount of direct hull damage.

What they ARE ACTUALLY doing: Once you upgrade your sabotage probes to Tier 5, all they do is the insignificant hull damage. They no longer disable the target's thrusters, which is the whole point of using them! I have gone as far as having friends hit me with sabotage probes just so I can see what exactly happens and I can confirm that my information is accurate. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is exactly which upgrade bugs them, but I am pretty sure it's the tier 5 one.

Consequences of this bug: There are whole strategies built around the use of sabotage probes. With this bug, these strategies crumble. Sabotage probes used to be the answer for certain hit and run tactics, which right now can not be effectively countered. Also not to mention that BioWare gets more bad reputation about not fixing bugs for extended periods of time. This is a major bug, that has existed and been known for more than 6 months. And correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like fixing it would be simple. So how about fixing it, BioWare?