Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Forcequake animation< Force Storm animation.

Budderderrange

So, I started playing my Sage, leveled him to 12, decided he is a healer, but then saw Forcequake, I thought there would be at LEAST 6 cracks (1 per tick) not just 1 crack then the green space. With Force Storm, you get about 1-2 bolts of lightning per tick, so why not Forcequake getting 1-2 cracks per tick?

I always liked the sage animation better, because it's so subtle. When a lightning sorc start doing stuff you can see the lightning beam coming from a mile away, but when a sage start casting sometimes I am like what the hell is hitting me and where is it coming from?

I wondered the same when I started my sage a few days ago.

It is just a green circle with no animation which is a bit sad, however concerning the other animations:

I realy like them they are subtile, they actually resemble what the force is... an invisible power.

The only one animatione I hate is Telecinetic Throw ... it just looks so odd to throw a bunch of little stones against a soldir in full armor.

However the rest are pretty cool, socerers literelly only have one animation: a lightning.

The only one animatione I hate is Telecinetic Throw ... it just looks so odd to throw a bunch of little stones against a soldir in full armor.

If I remember correctly, Bioware said that the Sage was for the player looking for the whole "Ewok" experience.

Edited by TitusOfTides

...The only one animatione I hate is Telecinetic Throw ... it just looks so odd to throw a bunch of little stones against a soldir in full armor...

Think of it as debris caught in your Force power; like speeding through a dirt road in your car. The Sage isn't throwing rocks as with Project; I believe they were added to show that the skill is actually doing something compared to having your hand up to your face with no effects as though you're picking your nose.

On that note, Sage animations are far superior to the Sorcerer's due to the fact that we have something different for every skill:

Project = Droids, Boulders, Gems, etc, and changes depending on where you are fighting which makes it cool.

Shock = Jolt of lightning.

Telekinetic Throw: Using the Force to subdue your opponent with particles flowing through it to give it substance.

Force Lightning = Lightning in a straight line.

Force Quake = Screwed up atm, but very nice animation that shakes the ground for the entire duration.

Force Storm = Lightning from the sky.

All of those are the standard skills, and when the Sage specializes in Telekinetics, they become even more hardcore. The Sorceress on the other hand is just more lightning. Not to mention all of their skills are purple - yah, I fancy the colour too, but seeing it all the time is just ridiculous.

As for your quip about stones, they can do far more damage than a lightning bolt ever could. After all, the K-T Extinction event wasn't caused by no silly lightning.

• 1 month later...
I personally like the fact that quake is bugged to not have animation right now. All the lightning of Force Storm gets annoying really fast, especially with the sheer number of noob sorcerers who spam it in pvp. Forcequake right now is a cool green circle that stops node caps and bomb plants xD

After all, the K-T Extinction event wasn't caused by no silly lightning.

(above quote edited for brevity)

An excellent point, but technically it's now called the K-Pg boundary. They made up new names a few years back, and the term Tertiary is now "deprecated". So now it's called the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction. In any case, a big damn rock hit the earth and a lot of stuff died, yus :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous%E2%80%93Paleogene_extinction_event

Aaaaand this has nothing to do with animations...

Edited by ElZaguero

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.