[BUG] Appearance Option: Dreadlocks

vemerce

On a body type 2 male (at least) the Dreadlocks hair option has a tear in the graphics, which is causing one of the dreadlocks to have part of it forming a jagged edge and clipping into the character's body. In game it is noticeable when jumping or moving certain ways. It is VERY obvious on the character selection screen. :(

http://www.starwarsbeyond.com/blog/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/dreadsbug.png

Edited by vemerce

The dreads bug is dependent on what chestpiece you're using and/or having head gear hidden. With Jori Daragon's Tunic and head gear hidden, they are wacky as hell...tearing wildly as you move/fight/etc....choose to display head gear, I had Malak's Jaw Casing equipped and they went to normal. They also looked normal with the gree/tron chestpiece and head gear hidden, so the bug is definitely something with that hairdo/chestpiece/hide head gear combo.

The dreads bug is dependent on what chestpiece you're using and/or having head gear hidden. With Jori Daragon's Tunic and head gear hidden, they are wacky as hell...tearing wildly as you move/fight/etc....choose to display head gear, I had Malak's Jaw Casing equipped and they went to normal. They also looked normal with the gree/tron chestpiece and head gear hidden, so the bug is definitely something with that hairdo/chestpiece/hide head gear combo.

Interesting. That would explain why I never had an issue on Tython, but did as soon as I went to fleet and switched to orange gear.

So then, in theory, if I change my outfit that might be a viable work around.

I wish someone from BioWare would confirm they're working on this. I hate to wonder if it'll ever get fixed...

I wish someone from BioWare would confirm they're working on this. I hate to wonder if it'll ever get fixed...

They did, there was another thread on this same subject with the new hairstyles bugging out and got a yellow post saying they would let the team know. When it'll actually get fixed is anyone's guess.

They did, there was another thread on this same subject with the new hairstyles bugging out and got a yellow post saying they would let the team know. When it'll actually get fixed is anyone's guess.

Thank you Saregon. You've been very helpful.

Okay... So here's an update.

I went into the game and experimented with changing chest armor and hiding/unhiding helm. No dice. Regardless of what I do, the particular lock of hair I've included the original image for stays bugged. I have no doubt that there may be some further issues with different armor equipped, but the one I posted about exists even if the character is wearing no armor at all. :(

Although, interestingly enough, the hair looks unbugged and normal in Appearance Changer screen. Not sure what's up with that.

Edited by vemerce

• 2 weeks later...