16-Player Story Mode Loot

TaitWatson

BioWare, I normally cut you guys a lot of slack, because developing a game, and programming in general, is far more difficult and more complicated than most people give it credit for.

But this is just sad. How hard was this to verify? Get 16 people, walk into the instance, kill each boss, receive one token from each, realize it is bugged. That should have taken a few days at most. Then once it was confirmed, it should be a simple matter to edit the loot table and enter the correct drops. For something this simple to take six weeks just to get confirmed is simply unacceptable. And all of the tickets on this issue stating "working as intended" is just adding insult to injury.

You guys really, really need to step up your quality control, or it will cost you customers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a strong feeling Bioware dont have many people working there. Many issues taking months to verify and then wait another week to get fixed.

Something is fishy. Are all the devs moved to new project and only few people left in office doing CM stuff and same time have to fix bugs?

Also Hillary leaving Bioware soon.

Edited by Divona

BioWare, I normally cut you guys a lot of slack, because developing a game, and programming in general, is far more difficult and more complicated than most people give it credit for.

But this is just sad. How hard was this to verify? Get 16 people, walk into the instance, kill each boss, receive one token from each, realize it is bugged. That should have taken a few days at most. Then once it was confirmed, it should be a simple matter to edit the loot table and enter the correct drops. For something this simple to take six weeks just to get confirmed is simply unacceptable. And all of the tickets on this issue stating "working as intended" is just adding insult to injury.

You guys really, really need to step up your quality control, or it will cost you customers

To be honest, nowdays i dont think BW's SWTOR team is large enough to cope with the bugs that comes with new content. So i belive that the SWTOR team dosent have a dedicated QA(quality assurance), and thats why they rely on paying customers to do the QA on the PTS.

What a lot folks seems to be missing is that fixing bugs isnt as simple as making a list and crossing them off, like santa does for the naughty and nice. Any IT shop has a limited quanity of folks with the right skill sets to fix issues. They have to prioritize most likely on a ITIL system of P5-P1, basically how many folks is it impacting, and what is the ease of fixing the issue. The slot machines most likely was just adjusting the backend drop rates which once they decided what they wanted it adjusted too would be short in time to fix it. Other stuff takes more work, frame rate improvements would be a prime example of that as there are a lot of variables involved there. The fact is that they are working on cleaning up their mess for bugcember and it's already resulted in improvements for a lot of folks

And what Bioware don't understand is that CLOSED BETA DOESN'T WORK. Lots and lots of broken things when 3.0 landed.

I love this game - it's my favourite ever - Bioware have given me years of amazing games & I love them for that.

Really though there's been some massive screw ups in the core of the big important expansion that you chaps should talk about in your retrospective of the release:

1. The main reason people bought the expansion was the two new operations. These are bug ridden, don't drop the correct loot, biased towards certain classes (all Bounty Hunter HM clears), and are next to impossible to get them to work with group finder. This really should have been your main focus for the expansion.

2. Performance issues - really shouldn't be a problem in a well established MMO. I haven't seen anyone moaning about performance in the new Warcraft expansion.

3. Really frustrating bugs that were so easy to check before go live. I'm talking about the bugged instances of the Rishii datacrons (if you're going to make content that takes hours to do - make sure it works perfectly so you don't annoy your subscribers!). Another example was solo Revan - seriously the main boss of the expansion wasn't working in the build you released?

4. Class balancing - don't just pander to the loudest group on the forums. Look at some stats. I see you're looking at the Marauder for the next patch. The Marauder works fine - look at something like the operative where most people have stopped using them, especially in DPS OR Deception Assassins - you really crippled those classes and they need some love. Just look at the Dulfy guides for some objective feedback from people who have a good objective overview of all the classes and their relative effectiveness to each other.

5. Don't take content away from people - when you get to level 60 you no longer have all the GF options you had before. Expansions are supposed to add content, not limit their options on previous content.

6. Work on your feedback -> triage -> dev -> test feedback loop so that you can promptly action community feedback effectively in small iterative cycles. Small agile iterations that you can work closely on with your core beta testers.

It's still the best game ever in my opinion...so hopefully you can find some useful information/pointers in the above.

If you need a highly qualified development manager (who just so happens to be obsessed with your game) - give me a shout :csw_atat: