The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New to Vanguard: Plasmatech question

Sandhawk

Never played a Trooper before. Going Plasmatech Vanguard and only up to 22 so not much experience. When I use Plasma Cannon, I line up as many in the group as I can and fire it off. However, to my untrained eye, it says it does 586 damage at my level but the toon right in front of me only takes minimal damage and the grouping behind him take almost nothing. I know it's hitting them because they ARE taking some damage (don't get me started on the 10m range thing..it's not even close to reaching 10m at least as I know 10m from my shadow skills). I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a secret to using the cannon prior to getting all the boost at level 40.

PVE question.

Thanks

'Hawk

Never played a Trooper before. Going Plasmatech Vanguard and only up to 22 so not much experience. When I use Plasma Cannon, I line up as many in the group as I can and fire it off. However, to my untrained eye, it says it does 586 damage at my level but the toon right in front of me only takes minimal damage and the grouping behind him take almost nothing. I know it's hitting them because they ARE taking some damage (don't get me started on the 10m range thing..it's not even close to reaching 10m at least as I know 10m from my shadow skills). I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a secret to using the cannon prior to getting all the boost at level 40.

PVE question.

Thanks

'Hawk

Im guessing the ticks you are seeing are saying 146/147 damage. This is because Pulse Cannon hits 4 times, totalling the damage it has on the tooltip (+10% if overwhelmed, +7% if I/E debuff on the target, +5% if tech debuff on the target)

Thank you for that. My shockstrike is actually hitting any single target harder than my PC, even though it's values display less.. I'm on Taris now when I started paying attention. I'm going to go under the assumption that these dudes have some mitigation that affects the PC more than other skills and push forward. I just havn't been paying attention to it long enough, nor had any experience with the class at all to be sure my immediate perception isn't flawed.

I'll keep an eye on it.