Access Legacy Storage from Fleet?

JonnyRay

It would be really nice to be able to do this.

There are a few things that I go to Fleet for. One of those is to shop the reputation vendors in the Cartel Market area. It is annoying to find something I want to buy and realize that I left my stack of Cartel Certificates back in my legacy storage locker.

Yes, I know I just have to zone to the Stronghold, pull the stuff out, Exit to Fleet and run back down to the CM area, but it is annoying. Given that it's a "quality of life" change, I don't expect it to happen. Just thought I'd put it out there as a suggestion, though.

This has been a strange point about this since strongholds launched.

We can access the cargo hold on our ship from fleet before we even reach the point in our story where we have a ship to have a cargo hold on. And we can access this from a number of other random locations as well. Realism has never been a factor there.

Guild banks technically never had a place that we could say that they "belonged" to before the release of flagships / guild strongholds anyway, but we have had access to that from fleet and a few random locations as well.

So it's just surprising that suddenly this one thing has to obey some sort of rules and has no flexibility on where it can be accessed.

Hmmm... I just had a random thought for how they could tweak the system... Wristbands, like the VIP Lounge access wristband. As in they would designate areas within clickable distance of any sort of cargo hold as being wristband access only, or they just disable the objects entirely like how guild holds are currently unclickable if you're not in a guild and then they would make it so that having a wristband allows you to click them.

1) When a character obtains their class ship they will automatically obtain a wristband that lets them access restricted cargo hold access points.

2) When a character is classified as a stronghold owner (level 15 and completed the intro quest) they will automatically obtain a wristband that lets them access restricted legacy hold access points.

3) While a character is a member of a guild they will possess a wristband that lets them access guild bank access points.

4) Allow cargo and legacy access points in the VIP Lounge to be exempt from this access limitation. (Add a legacy hold up there, obviously.) Cargo and legacy holds on ships and in strongholds would also be exempt. (Add a perk to put a legacy hold on the ships too.)

It would be sort of a compromise that makes all types of cargo holds follow the same rules but sets those rules somewhere in between the loose and wild access we've had and the tighter restrictions that legacy holds started with. Those with the collector's edition or a digital upgrade (or with a million credits to burn on a VIP wristband) could get to a cargo hold before owning a ship or a legacy hold before unlocking their first stronghold on a new legacy by going to the VIP lounge. But aside from that they could add legacy holds in other locations on fleet and lock down all types of cargo holds to only being accessible with the correct wristband.

There are probably a lot of details to be ironed out that I haven't considered while quickly throwing that idea together, and it would certainly be a jarring change for those who have been playing for a while since we'd only have cargo access on new characters under level 15-ish if we specifically go to a stronghold or the VIP lounge. But maybe that's a direction they might consider taking. But then once you meet the conditions to obtain the wristbands you can freely access any cargo or legacy hold at any location that they place them at.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, they add in legacy storage and force you to use the worst feature EVER to use it.

[sarcasm] yeah, i never saw that coming.......[/sarcasm]

They should have made it accessable in the same place as guild storage and bank storage on the fleet....its only common sense, cause strongholds was such a waste of resources that could have been on more useful features.....like more companions, solo modes for all flashpoints and operations (for story purposes only).

cause strongholds was such a waste of resources that could have been on more useful features....

You might not like them, but others do, and others might feel that resources are wasted on things -they- dont like. Not everyone likes pvp, or gsf, or ops, but they seem to be trying to do something for everyone.