The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The most powerful Soldier

raandomname

I'm sad that nobody other than one poster had mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong. Took on the entire galaxy and everyone in it and nearly won. I'd say the average Yuuzhan Vong soldier is a lot more deadly than the average Stormtrooper. Edited by JeffrenBrek

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll join.

I completely agree that Stormtroopers should be considered the best troops in the galaxy.

The only reason that people wouldn't agree is because they were almost never able to hit any of the heros in the movies because they were protected with "plot armor" (Except that one trooper that shot Liea in the arm from about 30 yards using only one hand). Take the stormtroopers boarding party scene from ANH. When there were no heros involved to be protected by plot armor, we got to see the stormtroopers at their best.

Ok, I'll join.

I completely agree that Stormtroopers should be considered the best troops in the galaxy.

The only reason that people wouldn't agree is because they were almost never able to hit any of the heros in the movies because they were protected with "plot armor" (Except that one trooper that shot Liea in the arm from about 30 yards using only one hand). Take the stormtroopers boarding party scene from ANH. When there were no heros involved to be protected by plot armor, we got to see the stormtroopers at their best.

It wasn't plot armor that really protected them, it was circumstance as I explained. Also the Scout Trooper in the speeder bike chase and blasting R2.

I'm sad that nobody other than one poster had mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong. Took on the entire galaxy and everyone in it and nearly won. I'd say the average Yuuzhan Vong soldier is a lot more deadly than the average Stormtrooper.

I would have, if I knew anything about the Vong. :p But I'm mostly centered around the Rebellion Era.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 2 weeks later...
C'mon guys Wolf and me can't be the only ones interested in this!

Btw Wolf to sum up could you also post some more about Stormtrooper and Royal Guard equipment? That would be awesome!

For Stormtroopers, it can vary widely as they can use pretty much any weapon, melee or blaster wise. Or are you meaning standard equipment? What they usually carry?

Royal Guards, carry Force Pikes which as I have it from the info gathered, are pretty much lightsabers only they aren't indestructible and they carry heavy blasters.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

For Stormtroopers, it can vary widely as they can use pretty much any weapon, melee or blaster wise. Or are you meaning standard equipment? What they usually carry?

Royal Guards, carry Force Pikes which as I have it from the info gathered, are pretty much lightsabers only they aren't indestructible and they carry heavy blasters.

More their standard equipment.

Alright so time for some weaponry info for Stormtroopers/Royal Guards.

Stormtrooper: BlasTech E-11

With the stock collapsed, the E-11 can be wielded with one hand for close quarters combat. During long range, the stock can be fully extended and placed against the wielder's shoulder for increased stability and accuracy.

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Weapons & Tech

Has a collapsible stock, making it a short range or long range weapon.

The BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle was declared the standard sidearm for Imperial Stormtroopers because if offered the great range and heavy damage of a traditional long barreled rifle in a compact, easy to wield weapon.

- Taken from Essential Guide to Weapons & Tech

It has the range and damage of a long barreled rifle, compacted.

This rifle has good long range targeting because of its extendable sighting stock, the barrel's advanced galven circuitry and the computer enhanced scope which filters out smoke and haze and enhances vision in low light conditions.

- Taken from same

Computerized scope filters out smoke, haze and enhanced vision in low light conditions.

The side mount power pack supplies enough energy for one hundred shots.

- Same book

Simple 100 shots.

The weapon has full automatic and pulse fire settings.

- Same

Can be fully automatic.

All in all the E-11 is a versatile and reliable weapon, one of the best that BlasTech has produced.

Stormtrooper: Baradium Key Code Thermal Detonator

Stormtroopers are usually issued a thermal detonator, carried at the back of the belt. Controls set to arming, timing and blast intensity are not labeled so that enemy troops cannot use the powerful explosives if they are captured.

- Taken from 4-6 Visual Guide

Controls are not labeled.

Stormtroopers carry thermal detonators with much smaller baradium cores, resulting in explosive blasts of no more than 5 meters.

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Weapons & Tech

Blast radius is 5 meters or 16 feet.

Scan 1

Capable of taking out a landspeeder.

=======

Royal Guard: Force Pike

How did I lose my arm? A Stormtrooper tapped my shoulder with a Force Pike...

- Rebel soldier Char'Shen Larcuna, taken from New Guide to Weapons & Tech

A simple tap from a Force Pike is able to dismember.

The ultrasonic vibration generators, housed in the weapon's butt, causes the power tip to vibrate at extreme speeds in excess of three thousand microscopic vibrations per second, exponentially increasing the amount of damage cause by a single strike.

- Taken from same book

The weapon is Vibro tipped and vibrates in exess of 3,000 microscopic vibrations per second.

At its maximum setting a Force Pike generates enough vibratory force to rip through flesh, armor, stone and even thin durasteel plating.

- Taken from same

Can cut through a number of things.

Stormtroopers were also trained to use the weapons to cut open bulkheads and airlocks during Imperial boarding action.

- Same

Can also cut through ship bulkheads and airlocks.

As with more, traditional Vibro weapons, a gazing blow from a Force Pike's vibrating tip can cause terrible wounds, including dismemberment.

- Same book

Even a grazing blow is bad.

The Controllers FP power tip also channels a disruptive shock generator with a maximum range of 4 centimeters.

- Taken from same

Can shock others too.

The shock generator's lowest setting results in excruciating electrical shocks, useful for dissuading attackers, herding captives or animals, interrogating suspects or torturing enemies. The power can be increased to render even the largest of rioters unconscious.

The weapon was favored by Trandoshan slavers because it could knock out a full grown Wookiee. At higher settings, the electrical shocks overload the victim's central nervous system, resulting in paralysis and death.

- Same

Just stating how powerful the electrical shock can be.

Force Pikes weigh less than 7 kilograms, making it very easy to wield. Proper training is required to fight with the weapon effectively, but nearly anyone can master a basic jabbing technique useful for keeping enemies at bay.

- Same

Less than 7 kilos, easy to wield and anyone can master a basic jabbing technique though proper training is required to wield it as a weapon.

The two meter shaft provides the weapon with excellent reach and creates a distance between combatants that few other melee weapons can match.

- Same

Has excellent reach and few melee weapons can match it.

The graphite shaft gives the weapon some degree of flexibility, allowing it to bend rather than snap when it collides with an enemy.

- Same

Is flexible.

Tall, elegant looking, dramatic in their red robes and face-masked cowls, the Supreme Chancellor's protectors were well trained and fought with passion. Their fists and feet were fast and powerful, and their force pikes sliced and jabbed through the near-impervious armor of the droids.

- Taken from LoE

Red Guards using Force Pikes to jab and slice through Magnaguard armor, this is rather impressive has the Magnaguard armor is very durable.

===

I'm sure that can cover the weaponry the Stormtroopers/Royal Guards have.

Alright so time for some weaponry info for Stormtroopers/Royal Guards.

Stormtrooper: BlasTech E-11

Has a collapsible stock, making it a short range or long range weapon.

It has the range and damage of a long barreled rifle, compacted.

Computerized scope filters out smoke, haze and enhanced vision in low light conditions.

Simple 100 shots.

Can be fully automatic.

All in all the E-11 is a versatile and reliable weapon, one of the best that BlasTech has produced.

Stormtrooper: Baradium Key Code Thermal Detonator

Controls are not labeled.

Blast radius is 5 meters or 16 feet.

Scan 1

Capable of taking out a landspeeder.

=======

Royal Guard: Force Pike

A simple tap from a Force Pike is able to dismember.

The weapon is Vibro tipped and vibrates in exess of 3,000 microscopic vibrations per second.

Can cut through a number of things.

Can also cut through ship bulkheads and airlocks.

Even a grazing blow is bad.

Can shock others too.

Just stating how powerful the electrical shock can be.

Less than 7 kilos, easy to wield and anyone can master a basic jabbing technique though proper training is required to wield it as a weapon.

Has excellent reach and few melee weapons can match it.

Is flexible.

Red Guards using Force Pikes to jab and slice through Magnaguard armor, this is rather impressive has the Magnaguard armor is very durable.

===

I'm sure that can cover the weaponry the Stormtroopers/Royal Guards have.

Awesome!

You truely never fail to deliver.

I'd like to nominate Wraith Squadron. Not only were they amazing X-wing, or whatever they happen to be flying from TIE Fighters, to X-wings to interceptors, they were also adept in Commando insertions, Demolitions, Asymmetrical Warfare(how they captured the Night Caller comes to mind), Impersonation(Face Lorraine ftw) and basically all out mayhem, and they took time to play practical jokes on eachother.

Wraith Squadron FTW.