What is the problem?

RDeanOU

Why all of the QQ about Jedi guardians being so difficult to play in the story? I have been playing my guardian (at level 21 now) and I just haven't had problems. The only thing I can't solo is group content like heroic quests. I can't figure out if all of these people are whining because they are bads and they die all the time or because they expect to walk into a heroic quest and just crush everything all by themselves.

What is the source of all of this whining?

Why all of the QQ about Jedi guardians being so difficult to play in the story? I have been playing my guardian (at level 21 now) and I just haven't had problems. The only thing I can't solo is group content like heroic quests. I can't figure out if all of these people are whining because they are bads and they die all the time or because they expect to walk into a heroic quest and just crush everything all by themselves.

What is the source of all of this whining?

ive wondered this a lot. both with pve and pvp.

honestly, i think it comes down to lack of gearing. im not sure people understand how important up-to-date gear is. even a small little bit makes a difference, especially in pvp.

that being said, i've started to hit some rough spots with the class story at lvl 27. I was asked to defeat a tough enemy - took me a few attempts and changing my timing/approach, then the next quest i was asked to take down another enemy of which i had no shot at doing, even though the quest is yellow to me. I'm just going to go level some and return.

i don't want to give away spoilers here, so i'll stop there. but short version is lvl 26/27 was the first encounter on jedi story i had issues with.

i'll add i have no issues tanking or pvping. It's incredibly rare that i'm not top 3 in damage in pvp matches from lvl 10 all the way to lvl 27 now. And i have very few survivability issues. my main problem is being stun locked and only having 1 form of breaking CC. Other than that, the class seems exceptionally well balanced.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying any guard who isn't having problems is over leveled. Also anyone who thinks the class is fine probably hasn't played a vanguard. It's not that the class is so "bad" on its own, just compared to the other classes it is. Edited by xLunchPatterson

I'm going out on a limb here and saying any guard who isn't having problems is over leveled. Also anyone who thinks the class is fine probably hasn't played a vanguard as well.

cant be overleveled in pvp...

and ive kept my class quests yellow/orange, so not sure how that'd be underleveled. granted, personal experience with the class quest line is lvl 27 so far.

cant be overleveled in pvp...

and ive kept my class quests yellow/orange, so not sure how that'd be underleveled. granted, personal experience with the class quest line is lvl 27 so far.

Again its not that the class is so "bad" its just compare it to other classes. Vanguard is a lolfest compared to guard

Edited by xLunchPatterson

Again its not that the class is so "bad" its just compare it to other classes. Vanguard is a lolfest compared to guard

another class being OP doesnt make your class broken.

and my comments are more directed to people saying they cant do anything and the class is broken. guardian is simply not broken. the defense spec could probably use some love, but not everyone is defense spec. the class as a whole is ok, just hte defense tree needs some love (and maybe a new ability for aggro)

another class being OP doesnt make your class broken.

and my comments are more directed to people saying they cant do anything and the class is broken. guardian is simply not broken. the defense spec could probably use some love, but not everyone is defense spec. the class as a whole is ok, just hte defense tree needs some love (and maybe a new ability for aggro)

Sorry used vanguard as the most direct comparison, it being a tank as well. All the other classes being OP compared to guards does make the guardian broke though. I would agree though you can get content done its just alot of work compared to other classes. Also the guard does fine in PvP. I feel a little light on dps but the endless CC we have is amazing in PvP.

Edited by xLunchPatterson

and my comments are more directed to people saying they cant do anything and the class is broken. guardian is simply not broken.

Totally agree. Not broken. Needs a bit of tweaking is all.

There is a "knack" to Guardian gameplay. Appropriate gear is part of it, but I am not exceptionally geared and I top PvP charts too. (And I am specced totally Defense.) I compare Guardian style to musical rhythm - there is a beat you have to recognize and follow: the ebb and flow of Focus. If you're deaf to the rhythm the class probably feels clunky and ineffective.

Totally agree. Not broken. Needs a bit of tweaking is all.

There is a "knack" to Guardian gameplay. Appropriate gear is part of it, but I am not exceptionally geared and I top PvP charts too. (And I am specced totally Defense.) I compare Guardian style to musical rhythm - there is a beat you have to recognize and follow: the ebb and flow of Focus. If you're deaf to the rhythm the class probably feels clunky and ineffective.

that part always confuses me. i always end up top of the damage charts, without a healer. People always complaining such low dps, but i've not even had close to that kind of experience. this is ofcourse using a dps spec and not a tanking spec for pvp.

from lvl 10 to 27, ive never had any issue at all outdamaging most everyone. so not really sure why others are having such difficulty. i don't feel im doing anything outstanding, just feel its the class itself.

The whole point of what I am saying is that I don't think it has been any special amount of work to get anything done with quests and that is the primary thing I've seen people ************ about. I saw one guy on this forum say that every silver mob he fights leaves him with only a sliver of health and every gold that isn't a class quest mob is invincible to him. I simply haven't had that experience at all. I am finding myself a hair away from being able to solo heroic quests. I very nearly soloed Falling Stars on Taris as a level 18. I got all the way to the very last skull guy, but he was just a tiny bit too much for me...if I had timed my cooldowns better I would have had him.

I am not outlevelling any of my class quests, but if I were any more powerful I could solo what the game is explicitly calling group content. That seems like the perfect level of challenge to me. I can conquer anything that the game doesn't explicitly tell me I shouldn't be able to conquer without aid.

I haven't played another class, but whining that you can't defeat the enemies isn't a matter of comparison with another class. Either you are beating them or you are not. As Yoda might say, "Do or do not. There is no try."

Speaking as someone who has a 27 Gunslinger (Sharpshooter) and a 19 Guardian (Defense), I don't really see my Guardian being any weaker than my Gunslinger. With Kira as my companion, I run into very few fights I can't handle solo, and in a group with a decent healer I'm perfectly capable of tanking multiple (4+) elites or even a champion and two elites at the same time.

People say that the class story gets hard in the upper 20's, but that's true on my Gunslinger, too. The Lightspring class mission on Gunslinger is harder at even level than anything I've attempted on my Guardian so far.

Sure, the Guardian does less DPS than the Gunslinger... just about *anything* does less DPS than a competent Gunslinger. But the Guardian is vastly tougher, and Kira is a very competent DPS companion if you gear her well.

We'll see if this continues as I level up. Based on my Gunslinger's experience, I expect things to get harder, and I welcome the challenge. If it was easy, after all, they wouldn't send a Jedi.

My guardian has been frustrating as well, I'll play it, we need a tank, I don't have time to reroll.

I don't pvp anymore, my server has a very high sith imbalance, most warzones are 4-6 level 50's on imperials side vs level 25 and lower on the imperial side. This has happened because a pvp guild leveled up pre launch, and within 48 hours of launch were geared level 50's and have run republic players out of warzones.

Beyond the pvp aspect, I'm overleveled in all my questing areas, and rely heavily on my companions. For a tank, I should mitigate far more damage, but instead I take just about as much as everyone else, minus the healing, and minus the dps of those classes. Comparitively I'm weak, and take only a few more seconds to die.

It's just... i don't ever feel strong. I don't ever feel like "yes I really stand out in this area". Guardians for me so far are just mediocre, a "meh" compared to the strengths of other classes.

level 27 guardian

and level 39 assa

at least my level 39 assasin does dmg and i can solo quite anything cause i can quite mobs around.. :/

i prefere the guardian playstyle but this class needs something

DPS = sux but ok i should be a tank

Tank= sux ok no AE agro i take the same amout of dmg like evry random plate char.. :|

the guardian quest are ok if you play with cooldowns and wait for them.. :p

but it definatly needs something fixed atm tank is kinda useless at low level ^^

level 27 guardian

and level 39 assa

at least my level 39 assasin does dmg and i can solo quite anything cause i can quite mobs around.. :/

i prefere the guardian playstyle but this class needs something

DPS = sux but ok i should be a tank

Tank= sux ok no AE agro i take the same amout of dmg like evry random plate char.. :|

the guardian quest are ok if you play with cooldowns and wait for them.. :p

but it definatly needs something fixed atm tank is kinda useless at low level ^^

not sure how many times it has to be said... just because guardian has a tank tree and can wear hvy armor does not mandate it can only tank and can't do dps. guardians do dps just fine. they arent designed to top the charts, but they seem very capable of doing so.,

i dont care about the DPS

i play a tank so i can tank

and tanking sux at low level and is broken

you dont do any agro..

you dont resist more then other classes

so now i have a tank three that is useless?

i think its normal poeple are not happy ;)

if you play a char that say you can tank you should be able to ;)

Edited by WIQQ

i dont care about the DPS

i play a tank so i can tank

and tanking sux at low level and is broken

you dont do any agro..

you dont resist more then other classes

so now i have a tank tress that is useless?

i think its normal poeple are not happy ;)

you still get hvy armor that mitigates more than other classes

taunt works fine

and you can indeed produce aggro

it is not easy to round up a bunch of random gun shooters, but if your group is smart and helps you by not dropping massive aoe's teh whole fight, you can maintain aggro easy enough.

it's also not unheard of to go dps spec for early levels until you unlock more of the defense tree, then switch to defense spec later on. crazy concept, i know.

of course i could spec DPS

but ever think some poeple like to play caster

some dps

some heal

and some tank?

crazy concept, i know.

its not useless but its not perfect too thats all im saying

Edited by WIQQ

of course i could spec DPS

but ever think some poeple like to play caster

some dps

some heal

and some tank?

crazy concept, i know.

going dps for 10 levels wont kill you. you still have nearly the same tanking ability, and it will simply unlock more skills for you that help you in the mean time. 10-20 as dps will only make you progress until you can spec more heavily into defense. 10-20 doesnt take that long.

i agree on that for once

but the thread title is What is the probleme i am just stating one :D

i know low level nobody will care about it in a few weeks but still is kinda sad that the three is like that at low level for poeple who like to play tank

after that i will just continue playing tank even if its not the best thing because i like it ;)

i dont play a class cause its leet , overpowerd or anything mostly i play for fun and my playstyle my be differect from others , but it does not meen i should be punished for it or? ;)

oh and nobody is puting a gun to my face to play that spec i know :D

Edited by WIQQ

i agree on that for once

but the thrad title is What is the probleme i am just stating one :D

i know low level nobody will care about it in a few weeks but still is kinda sad that the three is like that at low level for poeple who like to play tank

after that i will just continue playing tank even if its not the best thing because i like it ;)

i dont play a class cause its leet , overpowerd or anything mostly i play for fun and my playstyle my be differect from others , but it does not meen i should be punished for it or? ;)

oh and nobody is puting a gun to my face to play that spec i know :D

=)

put it this way... so far i've not had any measurable issues tanking. yes, other classes may have an easier time of it, but it doesn't mean we can't do a fine job of it either - and im dps spec without tanking issues. and i've not experienced the same trouble soloing others have either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.