• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Their really no Tech at all if Tunewalker managed it am 100% sure you can plus Sil is making it easier so give it a try if you have questions ask in the thread and get a feel for it.

Well I just glanced at the OP and there were mentions of fleets, ships, droids and what-not. So there's tech :/

Well I just glanced at the OP and there were mentions of fleets, ships, droids and what-not. So there's tech :/

When you said tech I thought you meant when it comes to computers not Star Wars tech also if you nees help with that stuff just ask.

Edited by Jarons

No, that still doesn't prove this:

If Valkorion can possess hundreds of Jedi simultaneously ... he can possess any single Jedi.

To be the case. Nor do I see any reason to believe that last statement is not hyperbole.

Valkorion did not just posses those specialized Jedi but also many individuals across the planet. Two official statements reveal that he managed to possess the entire planet's populace at some point:

Taken from (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Community News "Welcome to Game Update 3.2: Rise of the Emperor")

The Emperor escaped destruction on Yavin 4, and now his presence has been felt on the planet Ziost, once powerful throne world of the Sith Empire. You are called upon again to face this galactic menace when your allies realize that the entire planet’s inhabitants have been mind-controlled.

&

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor

As the Sith Emperor gradually dominates the free will of everyone on Ziost, both Lana Beniko, Minister of the newly formed Sith Intelligence, and Theron Shan, a spy for the Galactic Republic, are trying to stop the chaos.

If Valkorion can telepathically influence countless individuals against their will, he can do the same to a single Jedi of great strength. It is much easier to concentrate on a single target.

Moreover, Valkorion does not necessarily goes all-out with his telepathic powers. For example, he broke Revan and Malak simultaneously with a fraction of his power when they confronted him for the first time. Similarly, he overwhelmed Lord Scourge with a telepathic assault that ended in a split-second duration; his intention was not to break Lord Scourge or harm his mind and therefore limited his assault. However, SWTOR (Encyclopedia) reveals that he outright destroyed the minds of some Jedi who attempted to challenge him like Revan and Malak.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

lol, I'm a programmer (or at least will be), I'm sure I could handle PCs :p

If that's the case then you can handle the Conquest game with ease.

Side note:I would have never guest your studying to become a programmer you seem way older.

If Valkorion can telepathically influence countless individuals against their will, he can do the same to a single Jedi of great strength. It is much easier to concentrate on a single target.
Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still an assumption. The Hero of Tython is proof to the contrary.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's still an assumption. The Hero of Tython is proof to the contrary.

My assessment is grounded in published literature.

Hero of Tython and Revan developed the capability to resist Valkorion's telepathic influence to some extent and arguably prevent him from reducing them to a mindless drone but they could not prevent his intrusion into their minds against their will. Do keep in mind that Revan's mind eventually fractured under pressure of his telepathic tug-of-war with Valkorion; this set the stage of splintering of Revan later on.

If you play the Outlander as Hero of Tython and refuse to bend the knee, Valkorion will establish a telepathic link with you against your will, knocking you unconscious in the process (your Chapter 2 experience will be similar to those of other protagonists) but Valkorion will not make an attempt to control you just like in the case of an Outlander based on other protagonists. Telepathic link between the Outlander and Valkorion appears to be similar to that of a Hand with Valkorion in the past.

Now suppose that the Outlander is a smuggler, you believe that Valkorion cannot control his mind? It wouldn't put much stock on the dialogues in this regard.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD